You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Possible starter solenoid?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

jeffmack
Posted 2016-03-10 8:10 PM (#179184)
Subject: Possible starter solenoid?

Iron Butt

Hey mates need some advice. At about 90k miles (no I'm not complaining) my Vision started with a very intermittent starting problem. Just to get thru this.... Batter is strong and terminals tight. When this issue shows its face I get a click only while trying to start.... 1 click each time I press the button. This issue is easily fixed by moving the lead wire to the solenoid, just a little wiggle and she fires up fine. I can go thru days of riding without the issue... Or it can show up 2-3 times in a ride day. Want to fix it before it gets worse.
Anyone have a idea? Simple as replacing the solenoid? Starter seems strong and I am sure it's not the handle bar switch. Thanks for any advice
Jeffmack
Top of the page Bottom of the page
atvtinker
Posted 2016-03-11 10:43 AM (#179190 - in reply to #179184)
Subject: Re: Possible starter solenoid?

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
Definitely sounds like your solenoid Jeff. Have you checked your connections at the solenoid? Especially the wire coming from the starter switch. The spade connectors can get loose over time. Sounds like your just a few clicks away from that solenoid quitting altogether.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-03-11 5:00 PM (#179196 - in reply to #179184)

Visionary

Jeffmack

guess your over seas but auto parts store might have cheaper then vic
jeffmack
Posted 2016-03-12 12:26 PM (#179212 - in reply to #179184)

Iron Butt

Thanks you both. I will check connection and have ordered from auto parts store, much cheaper as u said. I am in the USA. Marietta ga. Nice cheap fix. Not bad after all these miles. I'll update when I find a fix that takes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™