You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Gear problem , and bike is sluggish !!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-06-25 11:36 AM (#184983 - in reply to #184648)
Subject: Re: Gear problem , and bike is sluggish !!!

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Amen to that one.. like i said before i have read where victorys with victory oil still had clutch issues and these were on Low mileage bikes !

and i agree with what you said about the application especially when you read about all the people that have had clutch slippage using 20w50.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rdbudd
Posted 2016-06-26 9:53 AM (#184998 - in reply to #184983)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Arkainzeye - 2016-06-25 11:36 AM

Amen to that one.. like i said before i have read where victorys with victory oil still had clutch issues and these were on Low mileage bikes !

and i agree with what you said about the application especially when you read about all the people that have had clutch slippage using 20w50.

Even there (20W-50) we have to be specific.

Amsoil makes TWO DIFFERENT synthetic 20W-50 oils with the JASO-MA rating.

One is specifically formulated for use in Harleys and some European brands. Says so right in the application sheet they publish. Putting that one in a Victory has been known to cause problems. The survey done on this forum revealed about 25% of those who used it in a Victory had problems.

The other is formulated for use in Victory, Indian, and the Japanese brands. Says so right in the applications sheet they publish. Using that one in a Victory has not caused any problems. The same survey done on this forum showed no problems using it in a Victory.

In the time since that survey was done, Amsoil has come out with a specialty oil in a 20W-40 weight for Victory and Indians. It also has the JASO-MA rating. LOL!!

Ronnie

varyder
Posted 2016-06-26 9:57 AM (#184999 - in reply to #184970)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

rdbudd - 2016-06-24 11:52 AM varyder - 2016-06-23 7:53 PM The full syn I used was the proper rating for the Vic motors. There are many more requirements than just having the JASO-MA rating. If you think you are covered just because the oil you used had a JASO-MA rating, you would be mistaken. JASO-MA just means wet clutch. It does NOT mean ALL wet clutches. There are additional qualifiers. I know several farmers who learned this same lesson the hard way when they put the wrong type of wet clutch oil in their equipment and had problems with PTO clutches. Equipment today varies in clutch material types and uses specialized oils. Same with motorcycles. Victory and the Japanese brands use one type and Harley and some of the European brands use another type of material. They each use a specific package of additives. All include the JASO-MA rating, but putting an oil with additives meant for a Harley in a Victory or a Japanese brand can lead to problems. And, vice-versa. Use the right synthetic for your application. If you don't--then you get problems. A survey was done on this forum several years ago specific to Victory clutches and Amsoil use. The results back then showed that about 25% of the people who put the Harley specific Amsoil in their bikes had clutch problems, but virtually none had problems with the Amsoil products designed for the Japanese brands or Victory. Just saying something on the order of "synthetic oil makes Victory clutches slip" is silly. that would be like saying "putting a car tire on a motorcycle will cause instant death". Ridiculous. The facts just don't bear it out. Ronnie

Be that as it may, if it is that complicated then it's best to stick to Vic juice. I switch to a properly rated semi-syn (not Vic) and now have no issues approaching 200,000 miles on the same clutch.

azuogu1
Posted 2016-07-23 3:54 PM (#186647 - in reply to #184648)
Subject: RE: Gear problem , and bike is sluggish !!!

Puddle Jumper

the only oil that has ever been put in my bike is the one that comes in the Victory service kit, and that was at the break in 500 miles stage and at 5000 miles, but my bike only has 5700 miles on it, so can that be called a premature failure of the clutch system, or is it expected that the clutch can fail by the time its first scheduled service comes up? is it normal to expect this, or can this be called a factory defect?
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-07-23 5:45 PM (#186649 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

azuogu1

hard to say with out riding it. You should go into dealer and have them look at it. There should be no slippage
azuogu1
Posted 2016-07-27 1:08 PM (#186757 - in reply to #186649)

Puddle Jumper

It is at the dealership now and has been there for the past 3 and a half weeks waiting to be diagnosed, so i don even have feed back from them yet.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-07-28 5:40 PM (#186786 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

go down and ask the dealer why it hasn't been looked at
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-07-30 5:37 AM (#186806 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Holy crap 3.5 weeks... what they hell they waiting for .. I bet they have no clue what to do , so they are working on all the stuff they have that they clearly know what to fix and can get easy money ..
varyder
Posted 2016-08-01 4:11 AM (#187933 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I've never known personally a motorcycle shop that works quickly.
jimtom
Posted 2016-08-01 6:27 AM (#187934 - in reply to #187933)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
A Victory shop kept my 99 for 13 months last time! They kept it another time before that for about that long! I now have an independent tech. He has a shop full of work and has 1 assistant. He changes tires while I wait and when the countershaft bearing went out, I bought a salvage motor. He received it on a Monday and had me back on the road Thursday. If you don't know , you have to dismantle the Vision into two pieces , a front half and a back half.

I will say, I may get preferential treatment. We have had a solid relationship since before he opened his doors.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Vision heart transplant2.jpeg (415KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments Vision heart transplant.jpeg (444KB - 3 downloads)
azuogu1
Posted 2016-08-04 10:07 AM (#187980 - in reply to #186786)

Puddle Jumper

Team Mancuso Power sports 59 in Houston, TX. is the name of the dealership

Edited by azuogu1 2016-08-04 10:12 AM
azuogu1
Posted 2016-08-04 10:09 AM (#187981 - in reply to #186786)

Puddle Jumper

johnnyvision - 2016-07-28 5:40 PM

go down and ask the dealer why it hasn't been looked at

I did, and they told me that i have 4 bikes ahead of mine, to-which i told them, you told me the same thing 2 weeks ago. I asked why they could not at least do a diagnostic, and consult with Victory on the warranty now so that when they are ready to work on the bike, all that would have already been done, and I was told that they usually do that stuff when its time to start working on the bike. So my bike just sits there for a month without me even getting an official diagnostic, or a quote on if it will be covered by the warranty, or if I will have to pay out of pocket for it, while at the same time, I am making my monthly note payments, without being able to ride, or even see my bike??? In my opinion there is something very wrong with their process, and they can't seem to see that it is damaging customer confidence in their dealership, and the Victory brand too, at least in my eyes!!!!!!!
jimtom
Posted 2016-08-04 10:13 AM (#187982 - in reply to #187981)

Visionary

that is terrible service! who is this dealer , so I can avoid them?
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-07 3:12 PM (#188034 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Now I see victory has a new FULL SYNTH oil .... and this is the shocker to me ... it's 15w60. http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/maintenance/15w-60-eng...
varyder
Posted 2016-08-07 4:04 PM (#188035 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
good deal
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-07 11:13 PM (#188044 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
interesting the container for some reason has french writing on it?? why? now im not saying these guys make it.. but its interesting the French oil company MOTUL has been making a 15w60 synth motorcycle oil for a long time ... i just didnt know why the Victory oil bottle had to have french writing on the front of it .. did the victory oil that is 20w40 have that as well ?
azuogu1
Posted 2016-08-17 11:34 AM (#188221 - in reply to #187982)

Puddle Jumper

jimtom - 2016-08-04 10:13 AM

that is terrible service! who is this dealer , so I can avoid them?

It is Mancuso Power sports 59 in Houston. Its safe to say I will not be using them anymore.
azuogu1
Posted 2016-08-17 11:46 AM (#188222 - in reply to #184648)
Subject: RE: Gear problem , and bike is sluggish !!!

Puddle Jumper

So 6 weeks later, i get a call from the dealer that Victory has denied my extended warranty, stating that the clutch plates are not covered. I called Victory to get them to officially send me something that says that it is normal for their clutch to start slipping before the first standard service which is at 5000 miles, to which i was told that "Even though it is not normal for the clutch to go out at this stage in the bikes life, they can not consider it a defect, and they will not cover it under their warranty".
I have to say that this whole experience with a bike that is just turning a year old, has put a very bad taste in my mouth concerning my bike, and Victory as a whole, and the fact that I bought an extended warranty that is doing me no good right now is really pissing me off. I really am thinking about just getting rid of the bike now, because I bought a brand new bike so that I would not have to worry about things like this, instead this is exactly what I get. and I am truly just extremely unhappy with the whole experience.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-17 5:31 PM (#188235 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

azuogu1

first off its a wearable item.
Victory doesn't know if any riders knows how to use a clutch or what they had done like racing or burnout.
If victory or harley would warranty clutches they would be broke.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-17 7:41 PM (#188236 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
i agree with Johnnyvision .. i have heard other manufactures do the same thing.. when i rode kawasaki's there were people on their forums that got denied warranty coverage for clutch failure as well.. like JV said. there is no way they know that you or anyone else knows how to even use a clutch... im NOT saying its your fault.. not at all.. im just saying, can you imagine how many people burn up a clutch and expect a new one for free... on a side know.. you cant get all new clutch plates for $200 (if you watch youtube and install them yourself., ... its not a big deal..
jimtom
Posted 2016-08-18 5:23 AM (#188238 - in reply to #188236)

Visionary

I agree, no manufacturer covers a clutch , that would be like covering tires under warranty. My problem with the dealer is they held his bike this long and any dealer worth his salt knows that no manufacturer covers clutches. He should have been told up front and given other options to consider. He cant get back that 6 weeks of his life with no bike! THat would be pure hell on earth for me lol.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-18 10:11 PM (#188257 - in reply to #184648)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah I agree jimtom I soooooo? agree with you on that one... this is actually a Very Sore subject for me as this happened with the kawasaki's I had in the past!!! This is why if I am not under warranty & and my scooter needs work.... it will take a act of God for me to take it to the dealer... I took my bike to the dealer last year for that fender recall and they couldn't even get that right !! I get home and bolts were missing .... so I called them and made them come to me to finish it , or I was going to call victory and let them know they were F'ing up the recall.. hell I hate going good to the dealership so bad... I have my engine out of my bike now ..... installing new fuel rail, Crank sensor and while I'm at it xv-30 cams . I've never done anything like this before ever ... but I bet my dealer with their 21 year old KID wrenching on stuff hasn't either ... the only difference is .. I'm NOT going to pay themy $94 and hour for him to learn .... I was toying with the idea of throwing in a Barnett clutch even though I have no problems... nah I guess I'll wait
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™