You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

cruise control
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

blackpearl
Posted 2016-06-14 12:54 PM (#184675)
Subject: cruise control

Puddle Jumper

Just finished a 3700 mile ride to Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, and other great points of interest. The last day of riding my cruise control worked but started surging. The bike would maintain speed, but the fuel was on/off, on/off, etc. There was no rain during the trip, so water is not an issue. Can someone point me in the right direction, maybe something got dirty and needs to be cleaned, I'm not sure where to start.
'08 vision
Thanks, Vince
Top of the page Bottom of the page
icemann
Posted 2016-06-14 2:43 PM (#184683 - in reply to #184675)
Subject: Re: cruise control

Cruiser

, OH
rubbing on the small cable from the cruise control switch harness on the right side up and around the handlebars. zip tie too tight. I had to open my mini wire loom up and repair a wire that had rubbed apart. Same symptoms.
blackpearl
Posted 2016-06-14 4:28 PM (#184687 - in reply to #184675)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the input. By wire loom I'm guessing you split the sheath on the cruise control cable and found the problem, then repaired. I put the 2" pullback handlebars on a couple of years ago and I may have zip tied a little to hard so your suggestion may be valid. I just want to be sure of what you mean by mini wire loom.
Thanks again
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-06-15 12:30 PM (#184707 - in reply to #184675)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
May I ask . How tight are your battery connections. I know it sounds silly , just check them anyways and make sure they are tight... my.visions have done some weird stuff all due to that very reason
rjp62133
Posted 2016-06-15 2:37 PM (#184708 - in reply to #184675)

Puddle Jumper

Philadelphia, PA United States
So this is funny, Same happened to me on My 08 Vision. Under your front break lever at base is a black switch, it is the cruise cut off sensor when you apply the brake. there is a notch in that sensor that wears down. your bike will engage the cruise and shut off within 20 seconds or so. my dealer suggested to check this first. it was at cheap fix. $20 or something. one screw and a connector. I hope this fixes it. good luck.
blackpearl
Posted 2016-06-15 4:08 PM (#184709 - in reply to #184675)

Puddle Jumper

3 good suggestions that I will check. I will post fix when I find it. Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks to all.
blackpearl
Posted 2016-06-17 11:38 AM (#184726 - in reply to #184675)

Puddle Jumper

PROBLEM SOLVED! 1st checked battery connections. They were tight. Did not check brake switch as this was not a cruise drop out problem. The problem was surging while in cruise mode. Decided to do the " Lash Learn " for the cruise cable as outlined in the shop manual. After performing this operation I test drove the bike and all surging was gone. That was an easy fix. Thanks to all that responded with possibilities.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™