You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

anybody in Ohio interested in doing a "saddle sore 1000" ride?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

wdwurker
Posted 2016-07-28 10:08 PM (#186791)
Subject: anybody in Ohio interested in doing a "saddle sore 1000" ride?

Cruiser

I live in Southeast Ohio and thought I'd test the water and see if anyone would like to do an Iron Butt ride together.

It'll be my first, but I'm pretty confident that I can make 1,000 miles within 24 hours.

I'm even open to suggestions for the destination. If I go north, Bar Harbor, Maine is 1,035 miles from me. The option might be to do a loop, of which I have several in mind, but I just really need to put some miles down, and don't care that much where we go.

I'm thinking the first week of August or close to it. My only drawback is that I can't do it on Saturday, any Saturday.

My first choice for the Day of the week would have to be Sunday. I feel that there are fewer trucks on the road on Sunday, and fewer trucks mean a better time, in my opinion.

Since it'll be my first, I'm open to any and all advice from those that are accomplished Iron Butt riders.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2016-07-29 7:59 AM (#186793 - in reply to #186791)
Subject: Re: anybody in Ohio interested in doing a "saddle sore 1000" ride?

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Hydrate and make very short refuel stops. I did one in VA, 1,036 miles in 15 hours.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-07-30 5:36 AM (#186805 - in reply to #186791)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
If you want it to be easy and fast , just jump on I-70 for 500+ mile then turn around and come back ... I did this twice , not from a I.B. but coming home from Kansas to Pittsburgh. In that case it was all one way .
wdwurker
Posted 2016-07-30 10:32 PM (#186815 - in reply to #186791)

Cruiser

I think I've decided to take three days to cruise the route I have chosen. Then at some point when I do the IB ride, I won't feel bad about blowing by all the sights.

Chosen route,

77N to Cleveland, 90E to Niagara Falls, 3 along the top of Lake Erie.

Any suggestions for a place to stay in the Detroit area?

I'd like to stay away from the city if possible. I see a lot of small lakes and resorts in the northern Michigan area.

I'll be traveling mid-week
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™