You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

BR Custom handlebar bushings.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Mudge
Posted 2016-08-18 1:16 PM (#188247)
Subject: BR Custom handlebar bushings.

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
Can someone tell me if the solid handlebar bushings from BR Custom Handlebars will fit a 2008 Vision ? The original rubber bushings on mine appear to be shot and I'm getting quite a bit of slow speed wobble from the front wheel. I actually never really liked the play in the bars from the rubber bushings. BR tells me thay they will fit the Vegas and the Eightball, but I have no way of knowing if the bushing setup is the same.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ljurgens
Posted 2016-08-18 1:25 PM (#188250 - in reply to #188247)
Subject: Re: BR Custom handlebar bushings.

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States

I get quite a bit of slow speed wobble as well on my 2013 Vision. I am at 15k miles now and I never noticed it on the original tires, but since I put the Avon Cobra's on I have noticed it a lot. I was thinking it was the tires, hadn't thought about the bushings...

Edited by ljurgens 2016-08-18 1:25 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-18 5:26 PM (#188253 - in reply to #188247)

Visionary

Mudge

what bike are you asking about. Handlebar bushing would have nothing to do with slow speed wobble.
if your asking about the kingpin go to witchdoctor and buy some.
If your talking about the vision bushing don't come into play on it
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-18 5:28 PM (#188254 - in reply to #188247)

Visionary

Mudge

by the way this is a vision page not a kingpin page
Mudge
Posted 2016-08-18 10:53 PM (#188258 - in reply to #188247)

Tourer

Johnnyvision. The bushings ARE the problem I'm trying to solve, and they are most definitely the cause of the wobble, and I am not the first to encounter the problem. If you read my original post you will notice that I specify an '08 Vision in the first sentence, which I do and have owned since 2008. and I'm quite aware what page I am on. Thanks for your help.
pollolittle
Posted 2016-08-19 8:39 AM (#188358 - in reply to #188247)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Well Mudge, I don't have an answer for your question about the bushings, but I do have a low speed wobble when my front tire starts to wear uneven. let go of the bars below 40 and it'll start to get wild oscillations. Just an FYI. I can see where the E3 will wear uneven, off to the sides of the raised bar in the center.
cw1115
Posted 2016-08-19 10:08 AM (#188362 - in reply to #188247)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
I have 10,000 on front Avon Cobra. I haven't noticed any wobble.
Mudge
Posted 2016-08-19 2:26 PM (#188363 - in reply to #188247)

Tourer

The problem I'm having is at parking lot speeds, as in U-turns on a gravel road. It has nothing to do with the tires, but is due to the handlebar bushings allowing gross movement of the bars in the bushings, much more than is normal. I have tested this by pulling up on the bars of my Vision, and those of several others, and noting the amount of possible movement. Please take my word for it; this is a bushing, not tire problem.
Does anyone have an answer to my question? That is, is there anyone here who has certain knowledge, by experience or otherwise, that the BR solid bushings will or will not fit into the triple tree of an '08 Vision?
pollolittle
Posted 2016-08-19 3:04 PM (#188365 - in reply to #188247)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
I still don't have answer to your question. I'm taking your word on it, I have heard of them getting replaced but just due to the movement in the handlebars you speak of, not due to the person noticing any other riding characteristic. I have pondering thoughts. I have minor play in the handle bars if I lift up on them but it doesn't seem to affect my turning (not yours). I had the steering stem bearings go out and give a notchy feelings when turning and want to track in different directions, just seemed tough to rotate smoothly through a corner.

This is not a argument with you, I'm merely stating what I have seen with my bike over the last 100K, and looking for more info as to what you experienced, because I know mine are soft and compressed. But I don't remember ever lifting up on the handlebars when it was new either.
Mudge
Posted 2016-08-19 4:11 PM (#188367 - in reply to #188247)

Tourer

My bars have so much movement in the bushings that they have dropped down towards the tank enough that I had to loosen the brake and clutch lever housings so I could rotate them and the Kuryakyn mirrors which I mounted on them by drilling and tapping the appropriate holes in the clutch and brake fluid reservoirs in order to bring the mirrors into proper adjustment range since the mirrors themselves would not adjust high enough. This leads me to believe that the rubber in the bushings is probably split vertically on the side facing towards the rider, or they are so chewed up and age deteriorated that they no longer function. I could replace the bushings with 2010 and up ones which, I understand are firmer than the '08 and early '09 ones, but still have a rubber like compound sleeve sandwiched between two metal cyliders, bit I would prefer solid bushings which allow no movement at all, which describes the BR bushings, if they will fit.

Edited by Mudge 2016-08-19 4:15 PM
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-19 5:42 PM (#188369 - in reply to #188247)

Visionary

looking up handlebar bushing or dampers. From 08 to 2017 they all use the same ones. That includes all Vic models. So if you want to do solid mounts I'm sure they would fit. Of coarse you have checked to see the bolts are tight.

Sorry I didn't see that you said 08

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™