You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lloyds Top Filter & Timing Wheel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Bull
Posted 2016-08-20 8:42 AM (#188386)
Subject: Lloyds Top Filter & Timing Wheel

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
Hello all, I just wanted to check into the Vision forum and share my feedback & experience so far. I bought my 2011 Vision Tour a little over a year ago with 14k on it. Bike is near mint and has a stage one exhaust I believe. That is what the Previous owner thought he had anyway. First thing I did before I even got it home was order the body panel so that I can take the top trunk off when I'm riding solo which is about 95% of the time. I have it down that I can get it on and off in about 15 minutes now. With it off the bike handles better and looks a lot better.

Anyways I researched the top filter and timing wheel and read about everything that was said on the internet about them and finally purchased them right before the bike hit 20k. I had it to the dealer for a good go through at 20k and then brought it home and first installed the top filter.

Very pleased with that alone. The top end opened up. You can tell that the engine can breath. It winds up quicker and higher. Another nice side effect is that I can hear a noticeable lowering of the exhaust note with the extra air. I ran it that way for about 200 miles to get a good feel for the performance improvement with that alone and was very happy.

Next I installed the Lloyds Timing wheel set at 4 degrees with a replaceable gasket. I had to wreck the stock gasket to get it off it was stuck on so tight and then had to scrape off the bit left over. I have a big torque wrench but not a small one so I pretty much installed the bolts in the timing wheel by feel so as not to strip the threads and used locktight on them.

Wow what a difference there too. With the timing wheel installed now the bottom end opened up. The only dino I have is the one in my ass but I can definitely tell that the timing wheel flattened out the power band and gave the bike a few more horses and more torque. Now I am tending to pass in 5th instead of 6th. Also finding myself sliding into 2nd a lot quicker and accelerating up through the gears quicker. Much better acceleration across the board. Especially for passing when I'm at 75 and want to bump it to 90 for a couple of seconds.

I've done close to 2k now with these simple bolt on mods and couldn't be happier. Last but not least is fuel mileage. I think the milage went up for sure with the top filter, Hard to say if the timing wheel helped it or hurt it. I am getting 45mpg and I normally drive the bike a 70 mile round trip commute most days to work that is city driving on both ends with about 25 miles of 4 lane in between. And I am not babying it at all. Yes it would be interesting to check the milage on a trip and do the speed limit the whole time and keep the RPMs down just to see how high I can get. But I just can't broing myself to do it.

BTW I only run premium fuel with no ethanol ever. I have read others mention that I could get away with mid grade if I wanted. Or even disconnect the air sensors on the exhaust to get a richer mix. I'm sure my fuel milage would drop if I did that because of the richer mix. And I will never put an ethanol iblend n my tank so totally moot point for me.

The part weren't exactly cheap. I actually got the parts from Witch Doctors because they actually had cheaper shipping than Lloiyds. Surprised by that. I love my Vision and plan to keep it until I can't ride anymore so if you look at it that way it is well worth the cost.

Thanks for reading, hope it helpd anyone who's interested.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-20 6:42 PM (#188404 - in reply to #188386)
Subject: Re: Lloyds Top Filter & Timing Wheel

Visionary

I put in top filter and found out it leaned the motor out to much.
Yes the ATS is great
jzrawlins
Posted 2016-09-09 7:08 AM (#188873 - in reply to #188404)

Puddle Jumper

You definitely need to look into a fuel controller when you open up the top filter. Mine was on the verge of detonation with just the ATS before the top filter.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-09-09 7:49 AM (#188874 - in reply to #188386)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
What did you do to compensate for the added Air that you're sucking into the engine now?
ljurgens
Posted 2016-09-09 12:58 PM (#188876 - in reply to #188386)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Hey Bull, were in WI are you located?
BillyJoe
Posted 2016-09-09 9:37 PM (#188882 - in reply to #188386)

Cruiser

, AR United States
I recommend disconnecting the O2 sensors and adding a fuel controller.
Bull
Posted 2016-09-25 11:09 AM (#189046 - in reply to #188874)

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
I accelerate between stop lights a lot faster, I pass cars in 5th gear a lot quicker and with a lot more power
Bull
Posted 2016-09-25 11:10 AM (#189047 - in reply to #188882)

Puddle Jumper

, WI United States
No - I don't want to run richer - Happy as it is
Oldman47
Posted 2016-09-27 6:59 PM (#189096 - in reply to #188386)

Tourer

Central Illinois
<p>Nevermind. This forum doesn't play nice.</p>

Edited by Oldman47 2016-09-27 7:02 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread