You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory's future
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

controlu
Posted 2016-08-20 5:31 PM (#188398)
Subject: Victory's future

New user

I'm a new-B. I ride a Harley right now but several of my riding friends ride Victory. I like touring and the Cross Country looks good to me. I have been cruising through several web sites, including the VOG sites, watching video comparisons etc. for weeks now. I was really impressed with the video comparing the Victory and Harley engines. Everybody seems to like them but there is one underlying vein of doubt that seems to run through everything I read. "Nothing new in years", "The bikes haven't changed in years", "limited production", "dealers can't get bikes","will Victory stop and Indian take over" etc. Then I get to this forum and the (almost) top article is "The 2015 Victory Lineup Revealed!" 2015!! the 2017's should be coming out.
All told, I'm sorta underwhelmed. I don't want to buy a new bike only to have the company go under in a year or so. Can anyone here provide a little comfort?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-20 6:00 PM (#188400 - in reply to #188398)
Subject: Re: Victory's future

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
The company's been out for 18-19 years now , even lasted a recession... then the mother company Polaris their stock is the highest it's been in the history of the company.. the just invested a poop load of $$$ for a brand NEW model there hasn't been anything new in the way of engines other than the brand new engine that they just came out with. As far as the 106 goes why mess with something it still takes most other bikes ass.? Personally I don't want them to go to a bigger engine size. Because the longer that they continue to make the 106 engine the more i see companies investing in making products for it.. example, a couple years ago there was only one maker maybe two makers of cams for this fight now there's two or three times that. Here's another good example on if Victory plans on closing their doors. They just made a partnership with S&S to have a stage 2 cams that now they are advertising.. you would think if they had any Secret agenda to close their door they surely would not be signing contracts with other companies to design and create performance parts for their 106..

If there's one thing that I have personally noticed in the past eight and a half years of owning a victory and being on Victory forms. People who love to create and spread rumors. I'm not saying none of them are ever true. But I have read threads where people claiming to know important higher up people in Polaris and they say stuff will happen by so-and-so date and none of it ever happens.. I have heard about the Visions and it's demise for about 5-6 years now... and here we are still , seeing the vision on victorymotorcycles.com a lot of what of your reading is this .... victory has been out for almost two decades now with great success. Polaris purchases Indian, throws a lot more money into the investment and success of Indian. And a lot of Victory owners feel like the stepchild in the Polaris family. That's why you hear things about nothing's changing and whatnot because with Indian hell they just came out with a new $2,000 radio system.. victory has none of that.. personally I think Polaris doesn't want victory in Indian to be too similar it's hard enough for people to get to respect Indian because they're owned by Polaris in the first place. Victory makes a killer engine. Indian makes a good engine but I would never take that 111 over my 106.. having personally worked on my 106 I have even a greater respect for it. It's a great design the Indian is about looks and Heritage it's a great engine. But I would not consider it a high performance engine. Just the sheer fact of it having pushrods and three cams etc .. but it's about heritage... but basically what you're hearing and I've even said some of it myself. Think of two children. And one of them right now is doing really well and gaining the parents attention. The other kid is still a good kid but the parents attention is going to the kid that's doing extremely well that's what's happening. We over here on the victory side aee screaming for Mom and Dad's attention... they still give Victory attention but we want more attention we want to be treated the same way that our sibling is treated.. keep in mind I saw that you made a reference to this forum and to the 2017 models Victory does not run this forum. If you want to see what models are out go to victorymotorcycles.com.

johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-20 6:25 PM (#188401 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

first off Victory has been around since 1999 july 4th. Yes polaris/ victory hasn't been doing any thing but they have millions of dollars tied up in Indian a new bike.
So they have a long ways to go to get there money back.
Now the videos are a bunch of BS. There is nothing wrong with a primary chain other then the fact the harley primary is 97% quieter then vic.s The stator are the same vic runs there's on the outside and harley runs there's on the inside. It would be like chevy running the alternator on the left and ford on the right. It does the same job with the same outcome. The starter is all BS you can pull a starter on a harley and put back in less then a hour. It takes a hour just to get the exhaust out of the way to pull the starter on a vis. You have a better chance of busting a sprag gear on a vic then a harley. Beside vic you need a special tool. Now cam chains are just as efficient as push rods. If you bust a tranie gear on a vic you have to split the case to fix it and that 5 grand.
For vic they have bigger bags and more wind buffeting and heat. If you look at the guys with cross countrys they all have little plastic peaces on the front end for wind buffeting.
For around 500 bucks vic's will give you 97 horse or for a 1000 dollars a dealer can give you 102 horse with s&s parts.
no harley will not give you the power the same as vic unless you spend 5000 bucks. Vic's can beat 103 haley's
vic and harley both have good reputation in there late model bikes and yes they have not changes on style but then why would they when they sell all they make.
If you can find a new bike in your dealer look else where there out there you just have to look
I rode 5 different vision 8 times before I bought one. So don't do one test ride take one out for a couple hours and the see what you think
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-21 12:06 AM (#188408 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Harley vs victory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkFPUeNUqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KueK_pyJHJE&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Ld-IK-uNg&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUKKbuibqhs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_OK-D5zW3M&feature=relmfu

varyder
Posted 2016-08-21 7:58 AM (#188409 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

If Victory is making Polaris money don't expect it to go away anytime soon. Victory and Indian are two separate and distinct entities within Polaris Industry. I believed they shared knowledge and skills from those who put together the best bike on the planet to give those qualities to the oldest motorcycle company on the planet. As far as the Vision goes, understand we do not know what goes on inside the corporate boardroom. I for one believe that the Vision will only be around as long as they see it useful. We Vision lovers are a small crowd, a very small crowed, but very passionate about our ride. While the quality and the agility is there, Victory has never developed a cult following for its machines as HD has done or what Honda did with the Goldwing. It's not entirely Victory's fault, the owners contribute to that as well. The Vision is a top notch machine, but so many complain to what it doesn't have to their own chagrin. Riders complained about the bag size so you got the Cross-dressers. Now you got the cross-dressers you complain it doesn't ride like a Vision. Of course it doesn't, it's not a Vision, the genius of the Vision's ride is in the body design as well, down to the saddlebags and tail. Change that, then you don't have a Vision. At 200,000 miles on my 2008 Vision and it's still riding like it's new with a few "hiccups", I'm more than impressed with this machine. If you are buying a motorcycle with bias in your mind, steer clear of Victory and go HD all the way. But if you want a serious riding machine, get a Vision and don't look back except to change lanes...

Edited by varyder 2016-08-21 8:01 AM
rdbudd
Posted 2016-08-21 11:47 AM (#188412 - in reply to #188398)
Subject: RE: Victory's future

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I've been riding Victory motorcycles for 16 years now, and I have been hearing all those same "nothing new" and "Victory isn't going to last" rumors for about 16 years. It's all BS. Victory is a high quality machine and they are constantly improving.

If you are looking for a high quality luxury touring bike, you can do no better than a Cross Country Tour or a Vision. Both have their strong points.

If you like the traditional look, go for the Cross Country. It handles almost as well as a Vision (frame mounted fairing vs handlebar mounted), is almost as comfortable (Vision is more streamlined and has better wind management) , and offers the largest luggage capacity. Great choice.

If you want a machine that combines the best of a Goldwing and a Harley in one bike, get a Vision. It will out-handle a Goldwing or a Harley (or a Cross Country), is more comfortable than either, and stands out in a crowd. You won't have any trouble finding your bike in a crowded parking lot, like you might with a Harley, or Goldwing, or Cross Country.

With either the Vision or a Cross Country, a Lloydz cam, fuel tuner, and improved air intake will get you in the 115 HP range at the rear wheel, and that's with a stock exhaust and no engine modifications. The 106 is well proven for reliability and power output.

These things are so reliable that some owners don't have anything else to bitch about and many sit around and complain because "there's nothing new"

The parent company, which is Polaris, is very strong. The Victory motorcycles were originally built under the same roof in Spirit Lake, Iowa as the PWCs and the ATVs. Victory has grown at such a pace that Polaris dumped their PWC production altogether to make room for more motorcycle production, and built new plants for ATV production. With the acquisition of Indian, they doubled the size of the plant in Spirit Lake and added more lines. Both Indian and Victory are built, on separate lines, under the same roof in Spirit Lake. Polaris' ATV, electric vehicle, and other powersports products have all been moved to other plants. The original Spirit Lake location is dedicated to motorcycle production.

Quit torturing yourself with doubts. Go ride a Cross Country and a Vision for a couple hundred miles each, then buy the one that speaks to you.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2016-08-21 11:59 AM
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-08-21 6:11 PM (#188417 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

all those videos are BS.
Like I said above.
It's like chevy having their distributor is the rear and ford having theirs up front.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-22 9:08 AM (#188425 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
So the videos are 100% fake or lies ? Even the parts about gaskets? And primary ,gear driven vs chain driven, and cam chain tensioners?
rdbudd
Posted 2016-08-22 11:00 AM (#188434 - in reply to #188425)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Arkainzeye - 2016-08-22 9:08 AM

So the videos are 100% fake or lies ? Even the parts about gaskets? And primary ,gear driven vs chain driven, and cam chain tensioners?

Lol!

No.

It's not a Chevy vs Ford thing. It's a 1950s design technology vs modern design technology thing.

Ronnie
varyder
Posted 2016-08-22 11:43 AM (#188436 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
there's always pot stirrers...
Arkainzeye
Posted 2016-08-22 11:47 AM (#188437 - in reply to #188398)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah I was confused with how all those videos were B.S. ?
ljurgens
Posted 2016-08-22 12:36 PM (#188438 - in reply to #188398)

Tourer

West Salem, WI United States
Love my Vision, all my buddies ride Harleys and wear the t-shirts etc and they take their bikes in for oil changes... I change my oil in the garage, literally takes 15 minutes start to finish, one of the niceties of having a single case design with the filter right on the back, easy peasy :-) My Vision is stock except for the Lloyds timing wheel and I noticed this weekend riding with my buddies on their 103 Harley's and a Honda ST1300 that I needed to be easy on the throttle or I was right up their asses when taking off from stop signs. If I'm leading, well then they are always catching up and I don't think I'm very aggressive on the throttle at all.

But seriously, with nothing major to complain about (they did fix the front fender issue), we tend to complain that we aren't getting what little brother is getting. Do as rdbudd says and go ride a CC and Vision both for a good long ride and see which one speaks to you. (If you like to stretch out, you're going to love the Vision).
jimtom
Posted 2016-08-23 5:35 AM (#188556 - in reply to #188398)
Subject: RE: Victory's future

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I like Visions. It's a cult bike if there ever was one.

(The Greyl.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments The Greyl.jpg (89KB - 1 downloads)
Bashcars
Posted 2016-08-24 5:48 PM (#188592 - in reply to #188438)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
ljurgens - 2016-08-22 12:36 PM

Love my Vision, all my buddies ride Harleys and wear the t-shirts etc and they take their bikes in for oil changes... I change my oil in the garage, literally takes 15 minutes start to finish, one of the niceties of having a single case design with the filter right on the back, easy peasy :-) My Vision is stock except for the Lloyds timing wheel and I noticed this weekend riding with my buddies on their 103 Harley's and a Honda ST1300 that I needed to be easy on the throttle or I was right up their asses when taking off from stop signs. If I'm leading, well then they are always catching up and I don't think I'm very aggressive on the throttle at all.

But seriously, with nothing major to complain about (they did fix the front fender issue), we tend to complain that we aren't getting what little brother is getting. Do as rdbudd says and go ride a CC and Vision both for a good long ride and see which one speaks to you. (If you like to stretch out, you're going to love the Vision).

My prior bike was a 2003 Honda ST1300. As much as I love my 13 VV, there is no way a stock vision can keep up with a stock ST1300 especially out of the gate. However, the max speed I ever felt comfortable getting the ST up to was 110ish mph. The Vision was still smooth as silk at the cut-off speed of 120 mph.
JustBob
Posted 2016-09-05 4:32 PM (#188739 - in reply to #188398)

Cruiser

Extreme Southern, AZ United States
i love my vision. I have has two now and intend to ride mine till the wheels fall off. I have been riding Victories now since 2002, nd I love them. I have been riding Harleys since 1967and I love them as well. I have three of them right now, and will have them till I depart this life as well. I don't get into this model is better than that one. I just ride em. I don't have any idea whether or not Victory will do this or that, but I have hopes they will stay around. i love their bikes.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-09-05 6:19 PM (#188750 - in reply to #188425)

Visionary

There BS its a guy telling you all the flaws one bike has how good the other is. 

Yes HD has more gaskets cause they have more motor parts. The harley stator gets plenty of oil. They have been doing it that way for 15 years with little failur. On a 09 and up HD you can chang starter drive in about a hours time. It will take over a hour to get the exhaust out of the way on a vic.

As for the primary chain that one of the resaon the HD motor is quiter. A primary all most never wears out its 95% fool proof. Gear to gear makes more noise for sure. 

The tramishion you can have out of a HD in 2 hours not need to split the cases. And it shifts eaiser and you can find netural when you want to.

Push Rods look at all the NHRA winners are running push rod motors. 

Yes HD has flaws but so do vic's. 

rdbudd
Posted 2016-09-06 9:54 AM (#188769 - in reply to #188750)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
You're a funny guy Johnnyvision.

On the last trip we took, there were 7 bikes in the group. Four Harleys, two Goldwings, and our Vision. Two of the Harleys were purchased new just before the trip. One of those lost its shifter around Red Lodge, Montana and had to be towed. The rider doubled up with his wife on her brand new Harley TriGlide to follow his bike to the shop. They then caught up to the group again, but lost a couple of days of riding. The new TriGlide dropped a valve a couple of days later. They rented a U-Haul and loaded the bikes up and went home.

Neither of the Goldwings, nor our Victory missed a beat on the entire trip. Half of the Harleys also finished the trip.

That's the real world comparison.

Ronnie
huts'putt
Posted 2016-09-06 10:30 AM (#188770 - in reply to #188769)

Cruiser

Racine, WI United States
And Johnnyvision, let's not forget that the rules in PSM in the NHRA are tilted towards the so called harley v-rod motor, which by the way, no one else has access to other than the Vance and Hines team. Rules that don't allow the stock production 4 valve head that comes STOCK on a Suzuki. And the rules that allow the harley's but not the Buell's or Suzuki's a smaller air box that the v-rod has, which means more horsepower via a smaller more like ram air flow compared to the huge air intakes that the Buell's and Suzuki's are forced to use. Take a look between the two and you'll see what a big difference there is. And rdbudd, how dare you use real world comparison's between any other motorcycle and harley lolololol. Love it! But, hey, Victory and Indian are forcing harley to build a better mousetrap, and in the long run, that's good for everyone. I hope it works, but, even if it does, I'll never go back to a harley, Victory and Indian are my cup of tea, and I'll stay with them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™