You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

let my boy ride it
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jimtom
Posted 2016-09-21 2:57 PM (#189008)
Subject: let my boy ride it

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
he is 17 and loves sportbikes like most his age. He normally doesn't give our style of bikes a 2nd look but I let him take it down the road for the first time and he liked it!

(kadevision.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kadevision.jpg (61KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
donetracey
Posted 2016-09-24 1:33 AM (#189035 - in reply to #189008)
Subject: RE: let my boy ride it

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

8+ years owning my VV - and I ain't let ANYONE drive mine  .... well, except the boys at my Dealership when I get service. TWO reasons: 1. They can't afford to fix what they BROKE.... and 2: I don't wanna feel responsible for their injuries if they get hurt (or worse) driving my SPCSHP. 

(DSC00605.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00605.jpg (93KB - 0 downloads)
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2016-09-24 5:08 PM (#189039 - in reply to #189008)

Cruiser

Good for you and if nothing else, it'll give me something to look forward to when it comes time to get a bike that's actually comfortable for more than 5 minutes at a time. I took my son and daughter-in-law on a ride to the U.P. before they started having children of their own a few years ago and we'd trade rides...I on his 800 VFR so they could ride in some comfort. I have to admit...the first 5 minutes on the little Honda were fun but the old wrists and shoulders just couldn't take the riding position.

Now, I get to baby-sit every so often so my son and his better half can borrow Dad's "geezer glide" and enjoy a few hours on the road while I get to bounce two of the prettiest grand daughters in the world...and it makes me proud when he asks to borrow the bike.
jimtom
Posted 2016-09-26 5:58 AM (#189063 - in reply to #189035)

Visionary

donetracey - 2016-09-24 1:33 AM

8+ years owning my VV - and I ain't let ANYONE drive mine ?.... well, except the boys at my Dealership when I get service. TWO reasons: 1. They can't afford to fix what they BROKE.... and 2: I don't wanna feel responsible for their injuries if they get hurt (or worse) driving my SPCSHP.?

?

My boy is a natural at riding. He raced motocross from the age of 6. I bought him a Honda Rebel (at 14) and then upgraded to an SV650 Suzuki when he turned 15 so he ride himself to school, church, his grandmothers, etc. It took a load off of me and the wife hauling him around lol.

Besides, by all accounts, it's difficult to damage the Vision even in a wreck. I wouldn't let him ride my anniversary Vision. He was excited when he got back from his little test ride. He asks me all the time now if we can take the Visions to get ice cream, etc

He has never ridden anything that heavy but the combination of being an athlete and having riding experience and skills , he did well and was comfortable before he even got through the gears the first time. It has some exhaust work on it so it told on him , I could hear him riding it pretty hard in the distance before I could see him. Some would be like "don't dog my bike" or "it's not safe" , it actually made me kind of proud.

My brother is the only other person I have let ride the VisionQuest but I was more comfortable with my 17 year old son riding it. My brother is the kind of guy that finds out what top speed is the first time he gets in the saddle.

Edited by jimtom 2016-09-26 6:00 AM

(SV 650.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments SV 650.jpg (55KB - 0 downloads)
lstayner
Posted 2016-09-27 8:40 AM (#189086 - in reply to #189008)
Subject: Re: let my boy ride it

Tourer

Prairie City, IA United States
I must be a different breed of cat when it comes to people riding my bike. If I know you and your style of riding, I have no problem with anyone taking the bike for a spin. Most people who are riding a new bike are extremely careful when riding it. They respect the owner. Besides, it is insured and has tip over guards. I have traded bikes on many occasions just to see if there is something I would like better. So far the Vision has come out on top.
jimtom
Posted 2016-09-27 8:45 AM (#189087 - in reply to #189086)

Visionary

I would let most anyone I know that met the same criteria you mentioned ride the 08. I would let a handful I know ride the Anniversary Vision.
Oldman47
Posted 2016-09-27 6:53 PM (#189095 - in reply to #189008)

Tourer

Central Illinois
Sorry guys but my Vision is mine. I am sure the dealer mechanics have given it a test ride after some work and I know that Rylan had it out after he did his tuning magic on it, but I don't loan it out. I really have no desire to ride other bikes like might happen if I got involved in a trade. I have ridden lots of other bikes in my life but nothing rides like my Vision.
jimtom
Posted 2016-09-28 5:45 AM (#189099 - in reply to #189095)

Visionary

I'm a salesman at heart. As I said, only 4 other people have ridden my Visions but they all are experienced. I let them ride it so they can see what a real road bike feels like. I plant the seed and get them hooked. My experiences have influenced peoples motorcycle buying decisions , I have been told so.
Pops
Posted 2016-09-29 7:53 PM (#189110 - in reply to #189008)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
No one rides my Lucilla.

That's why they make demos..................
taz456
Posted 2016-10-02 11:00 AM (#189147 - in reply to #189008)

Cruiser

Pittsburgh, PA
No matter how good my boys think they are they will never ride either of my bikes with no gloves, without long pants, and boots on. Safety first and foremost. No one ever intends on laying a bike down. So no one rides with me or on my bikes without long sleeves, jeans, boots, gloves and helmet. Seen to many friends end up so messed up that their riding days are over. Teach them young and they will ride with the appropriate safety precautions for the rest of their lives.

just my 2 cents
jimtom
Posted 2016-10-03 5:23 AM (#189159 - in reply to #189147)

Visionary

FYI , he is required to wear jeans , jacket, gloves when he rides. THis was an impromptu 1.25 mile out and 1.25 mile back on the rural road we live on. Thanks for your 2 cents but we're ok without it. We already know and practice these guidlines. I do ride helmet free in helmet free states sometimes and love it. My thread here is to share my sons enthusiasm for what most his age consider a geezer glide , not an ATGATT debate.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™