You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New clutch question.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

cw1115
Posted 2016-11-17 3:19 PM (#189961)
Subject: New clutch question.

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
So I installed new Barnett OEM friction and steel plates. A little intimidating, but everything went together without a hitch. Big thanks to KevinX, I needed some clarification about machined vs rolled edge, can't thank him enough. Anyway, I marked the position of the actuation shaft (not sure what it's actually called) that the cable connects to. After assembly I could move the bike in gear. I pulled it and moved it one tooth. Works perfect, but it is not right. There is slack in it. In other words no tension on the shaft. I can pump up the hydraulics just curious if anyone has seen this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-11-17 5:38 PM (#189963 - in reply to #189961)
Subject: Re: New clutch question.

Visionary

Isn't the adjuster screw supposed to be run in till it touches and then backed out one full turn.
Marking location from old system will not help with new plates.
If there is not your year manual get a year close to yours and read it

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/aoq581k2ab25z/Victory_Manuals
cw1115
Posted 2016-11-19 3:47 PM (#190023 - in reply to #189961)

Visionary

Ruskin, Fl
Thanks Johnny. I have the manual. It's hydraulic so no adjustment. I drained and bled them. The problem is free play in the clutch pinion shaft. Guess I'll have to order another $40 primary gasket and see what's going on in there. Maybe the snap ring popped off the throw out bearing. I have put about 300 miles on it. Very happy with clutch operation and feel, I just know something is not quite right.
johnnyvision
Posted 2016-11-19 5:51 PM (#190024 - in reply to #189961)

Visionary

if you didn't glue the gasket on I'm betting you might get a way with yours. Just be careful when pulling primary
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™