You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Soon-to-be Vision rider.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

faded sun
Posted 2016-12-09 12:28 AM (#190142)
Subject: Soon-to-be Vision rider.

New user

Toronto, ON Canada
Hello all, I will be getting a 2012 Vision in the spring. Not sure it has a cover so I wanted to ask what make and model cover anyone here has used. Had to get the biggest Nelson-Rigg cover for the ST and it barely fits so I am a wee bit concerned about finding one to cover this monster.

Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jimtom
Posted 2016-12-09 4:55 AM (#190143 - in reply to #190142)
Subject: RE: Soon-to-be Vision rider.

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
if you can swing it , I have had many covers, Dowco makes a good one, but I am really impressed with the Victory Vision specific cover. It is tailor made just for the vision. You can zip up the trunk pocket if you have the trunk off your bike. It has a zippered slot for a CB antenna . It hangs on the Vision perfect, no other cover I have found hangs on her well, in the words of Kevin Cross, the universal ones look like a BBQ grill cover on the Vision. If you get this cover , take advantage of the bungee loop at the bottom in the case of windy day. On a really windy day, the cover will blow off if not secured. This is a premium price for a premium custom fit cover. It goes on easy and off easy. On the universal covers, i have to run my windshield all the way down to get ti over her, with the Vision cover it can be in any position, even all the way up and fit over it effortlessly.
https://www.amazon.com/Victory-Motorcycles-Full-Body-Cover/dp/B002YW...

Edited by jimtom 2016-12-09 4:59 AM

(Vision cover.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Vision cover.jpg (24KB - 0 downloads)
Rowebote
Posted 2016-12-09 10:18 AM (#190144 - in reply to #190142)
Subject: Re: Soon-to-be Vision rider.

Cruiser

Eagan, MN United States
I agree, the Vision specific one is a great cover and what I use. I also have the Victory travel 1/2 cover for trips. The big cover I really only use for winter storage as the bike gets ridden too much to bother covering it.

Travel Cover:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049W007I/

(417LmCnxMzL.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 417LmCnxMzL.jpg (28KB - 0 downloads)
jimtom
Posted 2016-12-09 10:48 AM (#190145 - in reply to #190144)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
My situation is different than most. I have no structure or shelter for my vehicles . They all sit outside. My Visions are always covered at home.
rdbudd
Posted 2016-12-09 3:05 PM (#190146 - in reply to #190142)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
I have the Dowco that is listed for the Goldwing. it is a good cover, but I have to remove my CB antenna to put it on because it doesn't have the hole for it like the Victory one does, which is not a big deal. The antenna is on a quick disconnect. The main thing (these days) is remembering to put it back before riding.

Ronnie
RoteBarron
Posted 2016-12-10 9:56 PM (#190153 - in reply to #190146)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
Don't know if it helps but
1 - I vote for the Vision specific cover as well...Getting one for Christmas. Everything else is to hard to fit.
2. I got a "dust" cover for mine and bought a metal grommet kit for around 5 bucks and punched a hoe for the CB antenna. Works like a charm.

Cheers
lennyb
Posted 2016-12-12 10:13 AM (#190159 - in reply to #190142)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
+1 on including the travel cover if you will be doing much time on the road. After several seasons moisture did start to pass through mine, but a quick application of Scotch Guard and it works like new.
NoMoHD
Posted 2016-12-23 11:08 AM (#190199 - in reply to #190142)

Puddle Jumper

Carrollton, TX
I have the travel cover. works good most of the time. Dew will still form under the cover on the bike seat & etc
X-Magna
Posted 2016-12-28 8:38 AM (#190215 - in reply to #190142)

Puddle Jumper

Birmingham, AL United States
I have the Nelson-Rigg Defender 2000 XXL cover on my VV. It' fits snug with trunk keeping the top of the cover tight so rain doesn't pool on top.
Have had my since 8/2014 and about to see if the lifetime warranty will cover the seam tape coming off. We'll see...

But it's been a great cover since the VV is always outside. plus it cost less than the Victory or Dowco.

Oldman47
Posted 2017-01-11 3:13 PM (#191327 - in reply to #190142)

Tourer

Central Illinois
I bought the Nelson Rigg in an XL size for my Road Glide Ultra and it works pretty well on my Vision too.
ssc8s
Posted 2017-01-11 7:06 PM (#191330 - in reply to #190143)

New user

Harrisonburg, VA United States
Agree on the Vision specific cover. Fits perfectly and is easy to put on and take off. Pricey, but worth it if you can swing it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™