You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision armrests
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

jimtom
Posted 2017-02-03 2:48 PM (#191445)
Subject: Vision armrests

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
anyone have any feedback on the homemade set of armrests that are on ebay? They rotate up instead of swivel out. No integrated cup holder but that's not hard to get around.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Victory-Vision-passenger-arm-rest-armrest-/...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lennyb
Posted 2017-02-04 8:23 AM (#191447 - in reply to #191445)
Subject: RE: Vision armrests

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Looks like a set one of our forum members designed. There should be complete directions and pics on how they were made and mounted on here. I did a quick search, but didn't find it under "armrest" or "cheap solutions" (BTW a great thread due for revival). There was a pic in a reply from sgiacci which shows them on his bike. Suggest you try to PM him and do some other searches.
jimtom
Posted 2017-02-04 8:25 AM (#191448 - in reply to #191447)

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
I watched a youtube video and I like these. May be a good alternative. I cannot find the Victory armrests anymore. Gone the way of the doo doo bird.
X-Magna
Posted 2017-02-04 5:32 PM (#191450 - in reply to #191445)
Subject: Re: Vision armrests

Puddle Jumper

Birmingham, AL United States
Dain with Victory Brake Pedels (www.victorybrakepedal.com) makes those.. They are not on his website but you can email or call to order them.

The youtube video that jimtom mentioned is his product..

They are on my list too...

davev1pa
Posted 2017-02-07 11:28 AM (#191457 - in reply to #191445)

Puddle Jumper

Look nice
lennyb
Posted 2017-02-08 6:46 PM (#191462 - in reply to #191445)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Fabrication instructions posted by sgiacci can be found at
http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7099
sgiacci
Posted 2017-03-08 7:15 AM (#191596 - in reply to #191445)

Tourer

Been a very long time since I've been on this forum.

Feedback?

The Ebay set is taken directly from Thomas' design with my subsequent modifications to it, but we don't care, because we are not in the motorcycle parts business, nor do we want to be.

Since I made mine in almost 6 years ago, I can say they are still performing great. As expected the metal did grind into the speaker covers, but to the untrained eye you might think the covers were designed to accept the arms. I've had to replace the Teflon strips I used for to protect the seat back cover, and I upgraded to a heavier material. Without them you will rip the seat cover over time. I attempted the simple bend like the eBay set, but it had a tendency to really separate the the seat from the trunk, and I feared it would either rip through the Teflon, or break the seat back hooks. Lastly the eBay set looks like the arms are made from aluminum, and my first set was aluminum, but they failed. These might be OK if the aluminum he is using (or bending method) can withstand the stress when bent. Steel was much more forgiving (strength wise not fabrication wise), and it allowed me to use a smaller strap I could taper into the arm pad (design aesthetics). Plus drilling and tapping a mount for the cup holder worked out great. My mounting bracket is also aluminum, and I've had no issues with it.

I hope to get another 6 years out of them, and I think I will.

Edited by sgiacci 2017-03-08 7:19 AM
dkelly
Posted 2017-06-06 4:48 AM (#191964 - in reply to #191445)

Puddle Jumper

Looks like a good addition, though it is a bit expensive.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™