You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

LED Headlight Conversion
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Stubtoe
Posted 2017-03-13 12:31 PM (#191627)
Subject: LED Headlight Conversion

New user

I apologize if this subject has been previously addressed. I looked but could not find any reference to this subject.

I am wondering if anyone has made a conversion to their headlight to LED lighting. I am hoping that by doing so I can have brighter (more noticeable) lights. If so, any advice regarding the process.

Thank you for your valued assistance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-03-13 4:46 PM (#191628 - in reply to #191627)
Subject: Re: LED Headlight Conversion

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqxTl4rxlg&t=2s
Stubtoe
Posted 2017-03-13 8:52 PM (#191629 - in reply to #191628)

New user

Thanks Arkainzeye. The video clip provided me with much needed and appreciated information. Guess I will stay (at least for now) with my present "stock" headlights.

Edited by Stubtoe 2017-03-13 8:54 PM
beemerdad2@yahoo.com
Posted 2017-03-19 2:51 PM (#191651 - in reply to #191627)
Subject: RE: LED Headlight Conversion

Cruiser

If you haven't tried it all ready, search for "alternate headlights"....there're a ton of posts in there. I put a set of LED's on my 2010 Vision and am real happy with the difference. It's been long enough I can't tell you which set I used but my guess is that they...along with a couple other brands....are in the thread if you read it through. As much as I like my replacement lights, I'll tell you that they the pattern is still not as good as a set of LED's with len's built specifically for use with LED's would be. I'd buy another set in a heartbeat though.

Edited by beemerdad2@yahoo.com 2017-03-19 2:53 PM
Stubtoe
Posted 2017-03-20 11:03 AM (#191658 - in reply to #191651)
Subject: RE: LED Headlight Conversion

New user

Thank you for the additional information.
atvtinker
Posted 2017-03-23 3:58 PM (#191667 - in reply to #191627)

Tourer

Grand Cane, LA
I converted my CCT to the factory led and it is definitely​ brighter. The video doesn't do it justice. The only thing I wish was that the pattern was different. The pattern is exactly the same as the factory light which is terrible. I added some led spotlights to help with the poor high beam pattern.
Bashcars
Posted 2017-07-05 5:33 PM (#192071 - in reply to #191627)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I highly recommend the Clearwater Darla running lights. They are adjustable; however, when you turn on the hi-beam, they go to max lights (2000+ lumens each). They mount at the wheel and turn night into day. They are a little pricy, but worth it. https://www.clearwaterlights.com/products/darla-vision
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-07-07 7:58 AM (#192073 - in reply to #191627)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I finally found led bulbs (H4) that I like , not just in terms of brightness but more importantly in Beam Pattern.. I've had them for 1 week so far . The housing is made for alum , has a passive heat sink which means, NO moving parts to block air flow &/or fail and then make the light (s) fail due to over heating... putco Silver-lux H4. Got them in Amazon alot cheaper ... the beam pattern is perfect .. no glaring on coming cars OR police ... here is a example of what i am talking about . https://youtu.be/SQF5ESBHLrw.

Chopperbob
Posted 2017-08-12 5:52 AM (#192157 - in reply to #192073)

New user

, DE United States
So there is a video on you-tube of a Vision owner trying to install LED bulbs on his Vision. It takes him something like a 1.5 hours to do it, with alot of aggravation.

I guess my question to you is, how difficult was it for you to install your LED bulbs? I would like to have LEDs but the process looks horrible trying to get at the bulbs, blindly.
dkelly
Posted 2017-10-30 4:39 AM (#192319 - in reply to #191627)

Puddle Jumper

Another option is to get HID's. They are a lot brighter than LEDs.
dross
Posted 2017-11-01 9:35 PM (#192326 - in reply to #192319)

Puddle Jumper

dkelly - 2017-10-30 4:39 AM

Another option is to get HID's. They are a lot brighter than LEDs.

Most LED's are bright enough and are more energy efficient.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-11-04 1:35 PM (#192336 - in reply to #191627)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
And HID's with out a projector housing looks pretty bad... light all over the place , no focused beam pattern.. the bulbs I tried I am really shocked with . Not JUST For the brightness. But the tunable beam pattern. Sharp and crisp. No random scattered light shoot all over the place .. I'm very picky about headlights... I've seen way more bad than good ..... (friends who bought many other brands) the ones I went with were not cheap eBay specials.. but there is also. Reason for that. Putco silverlux. Not the nitelux. They are bright ... focused and the high beam actually works! I've seen some where they high beam was no brighter than the lows... not in this case with the silverlux
BrandonM7
Posted 2018-02-20 5:21 PM (#192437 - in reply to #192073)

Cruiser

LaGrange, GA
Arkainzeye - 2017-07-07 8:58 AM

I finally found led bulbs (H4) that I like , not just in terms of brightness but more importantly in Beam Pattern.. I've had them for 1 week so far . The housing is made for alum , has a passive heat sink which means, NO moving parts to block air flow &/or fail and then make the light (s) fail due to over heating... putco Silver-lux H4. Got them in Amazon alot cheaper ... the beam pattern is perfect .. no glaring on coming cars OR police ... here is a example of what i am talking about . https://youtu.be/SQF5ESBHLrw.

I'm really surprised they fit, given how tight the room is behind the headlight housing. That's awesome that they did. I just put a set of PIAA head (high/low on one bulb with the built-in cutoff line for the low) and ORACLE fogs (just one set of LEDs, but from build I'm pretty sure they're the exact same manufacturer and product as the PIAA) in my dad's F250 and they are AWESOME. Like you mention in a later post about the HID bulbs in standard housings - none of that random and offensive spray of light like those have. Nice, clean cut off line on low and a good spread on high. Very happy with them. I'll definitely look into some for the Vision since you say the heat sink of yours fit. I have the PIAA lights on the forks and the HID center, but I figure light is something you can never have too much of.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™