You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Vision radio smokes this !!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-06-08 8:31 PM (#191971)
Subject: Vision radio smokes this !!

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
https://youtu.be/EMjANt2AQVs

They only wish they had the tech victory put into our babies over the 10 years it was made !!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ferta McDaniels
Posted 2017-06-08 9:13 PM (#191972 - in reply to #191971)
Subject: RE: Vision radio smokes this !!

Puddle Jumper

Okeana, OH United States
All of that technology really sucks. I prefer to use a slide rule and the position of the sun to make my calculations . If my Vision died, I would certainly consider this bike.
eotsis1
Posted 2017-06-08 9:41 PM (#191973 - in reply to #191971)
Subject: RE: Vision radio smokes this !!

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
That bike looks a CCT and a Vision got cuddly. V twin, heated seats. Gas mileage at 34mpg is worse than many cars.
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-06-09 6:22 PM (#191975 - in reply to #191971)
Subject: Re: Vision radio smokes this !!

Visionary

what a worthless post
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-06-10 5:29 AM (#191977 - in reply to #191971)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
About as worthless as our Vision's. (In the market)

Edited by Arkainzeye 2017-06-10 5:33 AM
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-06-10 5:32 AM (#191978 - in reply to #191971)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I just can't believe in all the years victory was making touring bikes, they were completely unable to come up with anything like this ... not just the radio, but even the tech with the engine, slipper clutch, traction control etc
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-06-10 5:41 AM (#191979 - in reply to #191971)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
https://youtu.be/QaGKETTT_qU
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-06-10 6:42 PM (#191980 - in reply to #191979)

Visionary

Arkainzeye - 2017-06-10 5:41 AM https://youtu.be/QaGKETTT_qU

WTF does this have to do with victory radios. You should be baned from here for life 

rdbudd
Posted 2017-06-11 10:31 AM (#191981 - in reply to #191980)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
johnnyvision - 2017-06-10 6:42 PM

Arkainzeye - 2017-06-10 5:41 AM https://youtu.be/QaGKETTT_qU

?

WTF does this have to do with victory radios. You should be baned from here for life?

You obviously completely missed the point he is making. Why didn't Victory put this technology into the Vision and CCT as the years went by? Why did Victory just let those bikes stagnate when the technology is obviously available?

Vision riders have long wished their bikes had the luggage capacity and ease of use the CCT has. CCT riders have long wished they had the power windshield and superior wind management and handling of the Vision. In other words, why didn't Victory combine the best of both into one bike? Why didn't Victory update the electronics technology as it became available?

Yamaha did all of that. Yamaha combined the best features of the Vision and the CCT. That's the point.

Yamaha wins. Victory loses.

Ronnie

Edited by rdbudd 2017-06-11 10:33 AM
Don07tncav
Posted 2017-06-11 8:00 PM (#191985 - in reply to #191971)

Cruiser

Yep!
SteveS
Posted 2017-06-12 1:41 PM (#191988 - in reply to #191978)

Cruiser

Danbury, Connecticut
I went past this post until now, thinking it was actually about the Vision radio. This bike looks like what the Vision should have evolved into. If it has 1-the comfort, 2-rider feels as one with machine and 3-ease of service, I could see myself on one of these. The gas mileage is a negative, but not a deal breaker. I love the smart key fob system. I might need to demo one of these. I've been looking for a smoking deal on a 16 or 17 Vision to supplement my 09 but now I want to try one of these out.
eotsis1
Posted 2017-06-12 8:00 PM (#191989 - in reply to #191981)

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
rdbudd - 2017-06-11 10:31 AM

You obviously completely missed the point he is making. Why didn't Victory put this technology into the Vision and CCT as the years went by? Why did Victory just let those bikes stagnate when the technology is obviously available?

Vision riders have long wished their bikes had the luggage capacity and ease of use the CCT has. CCT riders have long wished they had the power windshield and superior wind management and handling of the Vision. In other words, why didn't Victory combine the best of both into one bike? Why didn't Victory update the electronics technology as it became available?

Yamaha did all of that. Yamaha combined the best features of the Vision and the CCT. That's the point.

onnie

I rode both but chose the Vision. I didn't need the extra capacity and the CCT looked more like a Harley, that I didn't want.
Even Goldwingers wish they had the electric windshield. The Yamaha's moves 3 " big deal...
All that said, having an infotainment system on a bike seems like a crash waiting to happen, getting ones eyes off the road...
Arkainzeye
Posted 2018-04-18 9:00 AM (#192486 - in reply to #191989)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
yeah johnny always misses the point.. no big shocker here
rdbudd
Posted 2018-04-18 9:31 AM (#192487 - in reply to #191989)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
eotsis1 - 2017-06-12 8:00 PM

rdbudd - 2017-06-11 10:31 AM

onnie

I rode both but chose the Vision. I didn't need the extra capacity and the CCT looked more like a Harley, that I didn't want.
Even Goldwingers wish they had the electric windshield. The Yamaha's moves 3 " big deal...
All that said, having an infotainment system on a bike seems like a crash waiting to happen, getting ones eyes off the road...

I also rode both, after the CCT came out. I've had my Vision since early 2008. After riding the CCT, my wife and I both agreed that the Vision was still the bike for us. we still have it today.

10 years after the Vision came out, Honda finally put a power windshield on the Goldwing. The guys I know who ride those act like Honda invented power windshields on luxury touring bikes. Lol.

I also took a hard look at the new Goldwing recently. Too tall, too cramped. I do like the parking assist though. That would be nice to have. Of course, the new Yamaha has that too, and had it before Honda.

The new Yamaha is close to what the Vision could have, and should have, evolved into.

Ronnie
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-04-18 7:12 PM (#192490 - in reply to #191971)

Visionary

So your comparing a 08 design to a 18 design. Furthermore polaris/victory gave up on the victory back in 2011. Why do you guys even ride all you want is taller windshields radios with navigation screen why didn't you buy a GW to begin with. Your riding a motorcycle not some gadget machine.
rdbudd
Posted 2018-04-19 9:13 AM (#192497 - in reply to #192490)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
johnnyvision - 2018-04-18 7:12 PM

So your comparing a 08 design to a 18 design. Furthermore polaris/victory gave up on the victory back in 2011. Why do you guys even ride all you want is taller windshields radios with navigation screen why didn't you buy a GW to begin with. Your riding a motorcycle not some gadget machine.

Apparently, you missed the part where I said we still have, and love our 2008 Vision. You also missed the part where I said we tried the new Goldwing, and found it not to our liking.

Yamaha took the Victory Vision and Cross Country Tour designs, combined them, and added 2018 electronics and an industry first parking assist feature. That is what Polaris should have done if they wanted to sell more bikes. That's the whole point of this thread. Polaris screwed up by not updating their bikes. Yamaha wins by doing what Polaris failed to do. Polaris loses. It's their own fault.

Anybody who wants a new Vision/CCT today, with parking assist, will have to go to the Yamaha store. Polaris screwed up by dumping Victory. They dumped Victory because they failed to give the marketplace what it wants.

I loved my 1955 Chevy that I had in high school, 50 years ago. I sure like my modern car with all it's comfort and convenience features today.

Ronnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™