You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Victory Mirrors
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

dva
Posted 2017-09-19 9:36 PM (#192262)
Subject: Victory Mirrors

New user

I agree with most, I have a 2009 and recently bought a 2016... same bike same issues which I was aware of. Mounted a set of handlebar mirrors like others and find that they work perfectly.

I was thinking about putting additional speakers into the stock mirror cavities as there is a real need for more bass response from this system and hard to get from a 5.25 inch speaker. I am wondering if anyone has already done this and what size they were able to get in... and result of course.

If you see me selling stock mirror I guess my stereo just got better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bbrist
Posted 2017-09-20 5:33 AM (#192263 - in reply to #192262)
Subject: Re: Victory Mirrors

Cruiser

Look at HMD they have all sorts of prefabs for the front mirrors and speakers. www.hmd520.com
twocell
Posted 2017-09-21 7:02 PM (#192266 - in reply to #192262)

Puddle Jumper

Lackawaxen PA United States
don't know what to say, I don't think I'd personally remove the mirrors .... did change the speakers ... kept them stock 5.25 put in Alpines w/foil dampening inside enclosure .... satisfied w/bass response .... if I really wanted they're 5.25 subs out there & could've mounted tweeters for upper/mid-range. don't think I'd like the look of external / handle bar mirrors ... if you check the post someone did install 6.5's in place of the stock 5.25
twocell
Posted 2017-09-21 11:27 PM (#192268 - in reply to #192262)

Puddle Jumper

Lackawaxen PA United States
oops they're Polk Audios
eotsis1
Posted 2017-09-28 9:03 PM (#192278 - in reply to #192262)

Puddle Jumper

, IL United States
I've learned to get used to my mirrors for where they are. They're not equally adjusted though. What I can see behind me on one side is blocked in the other, however, leaning into curves or up/down hills allows decent rear viewing coverage from one or the other.
I also have aftermarket speakers I am now content with.
P.O. put hawg wired speakers in front then I put Polk Audio MM1 in the rear. Very nice. I have an amp in the mix also.
Bashcars
Posted 2017-09-29 11:29 AM (#192279 - in reply to #192262)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I added small round convex mirrors in the outer corner of the stock mirrors for better visibility.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™