You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

SENA Bluetooth dongle
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2017-11-08 12:39 PM (#192345)
Subject: SENA Bluetooth dongle

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I was given a Victory/SENA bluetooth dongle but don't have any other cable or accessory. It has a multipin connection, an audio input jack and a button on it. Assume the button is for pairing. Don't know where it plugs in or what it'll do.

Info please.

Jedi
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RoteBarron
Posted 2017-11-09 8:17 PM (#192346 - in reply to #192345)
Subject: Re: SENA Bluetooth dongle

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
I've ordered a new two dongles. As I understand it an additional cable is required to connect it to the bike. I'm getting one from a local dealer here in N. Alabama. He's getting it from GA. I also talked with a dealer in Columbus OH that thought they could get one. The cable allows two dongles to be connected, one for the rider and one for the pillion. At any rate I'm told there is a plug likely under the panel in front of the Vision seat to plug the cable into. I guess I'll find out. I, like you, would suspect the button is to pair but until I see it.....I'll try to update as I get more info. I've searched here and on the internet but install instructions (etc.) seem to focus on Cross County bikes......Not much help for a Vision.

Cheers

Edited by RoteBarron 2017-11-09 8:18 PM
jharpe
Posted 2017-11-25 6:20 AM (#192362 - in reply to #192345)

Puddle Jumper

I purchased a 2012 VV last year that had a SENA dongle installed. The previous owner told me he never listened to the radio when riding. I learned why. When you bluetooth connect to the dongle you hear a lot of electrical noise (static) in the background. Very annoying. I contacted SENA and Polaris....as expected no help. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it. Ride safe....
RoteBarron
Posted 2017-11-25 8:44 AM (#192363 - in reply to #192345)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, WY United States
I have heard this before. I'll find out after Christmas when I install one. Thinking out load it me wonder if the noise is from unshielded wire/connections or an issue with the Bluetooth itself. Have a buddy with a 17 Maxim with Bluetooth that works fine. Again, I'll know next month.

Ride on!
jharpe
Posted 2018-02-10 5:50 AM (#192430 - in reply to #192345)

Puddle Jumper

Did you ever install it? How did it do, any static?
BumbleDB
Posted 2018-02-10 7:30 PM (#192432 - in reply to #192345)

Cruiser

I did my own circuits for earbuds tapping off the aux connector and had lots of coil/electrical noise. I had to build a ground loop isolator to stop it.
The noise comes from a slight difference in the grounds. If you don't know what the gli is, you can look it up and see how it works. You can buy
them pretty cheap, I just made my own from a couple of modem coils.

Edited by BumbleDB 2018-02-10 7:31 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™