You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

High speed wooble on CC bikes
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

V92SC
Posted 2017-11-18 11:57 AM (#192356)
Subject: High speed wooble on CC bikes

Tourer

New Orleans, La,
Two local riders have gone down on CC bikes citing a high speed wobble just before high siding at speed. One rider said a Victory technician said the front wheel bearings have been identified as the cause as he surveyed both bikes as they were purchased at the same dealership. Anybody out there have knowledge of any other reports? It maybe something the company needs to look into. Yes they discontinued the Victory line, but they are producing the Indian still.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-11-21 1:55 PM (#192361 - in reply to #192356)
Subject: Re: High speed wooble on CC bikes

Visionary

they should report it to the NHS and if you scared get new bearings for your wheels

https://www.nhtsa.gov/
Arkainzeye
Posted 2017-12-07 5:43 AM (#192366 - in reply to #192356)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
On my 11 vision i have a 21 inch magnum wheel . It was new,but ididnt notice it did Not have the bearing dust cover on the wheel .and in 1100 miles the bearings went bad.. and i will say . I did exerpeince my 1 and only wobble ... it was scary! Felt like a ghost was grabbig my bars and trying to make me wreck! The wobble didn't make me check my front bearings. It was when I started leaning in turns in hearing a sound that I didn't hear before. So I replace the front bearings I said hell since my rear bearings are over 6 years old I'll just replace those as well
johnnyvision
Posted 2017-12-31 11:58 AM (#192377 - in reply to #192356)

Visionary

V92SC

so have you done anything
witchbiker
Posted 2018-01-15 9:48 AM (#192387 - in reply to #192366)

Cruiser

Barefoot Bay, FL United States

Arkainzeye;

A local custom speed shop for Victories down here in florida was telling me that the 21" wheel on a Vision makes it feel sluggish in a turn. I'm having a set of custom forks put on and the blown rear shock replaced with a Penske. Have you felt anything in the way of sluggishness in the turns since you have had the 21 on your Vision?
Thanks,
Mark

2008 Vision with almost 91K

Miles
Posted 2018-01-17 7:30 PM (#192389 - in reply to #192356)

Tourer

Mount Vernon, WA United States
I had a CC and the only thing that caused any wobble was with the stock recommended tire. Once I switched (I forget to which), no problem. And actually the problem wasn't totally the tire, but a combination of a wiggle started by the tire, then the whole reacting to it by me. Once I learned to relax, never had a tank slapper again.
PhantomX
Posted 2018-02-19 6:47 AM (#192436 - in reply to #192356)

Cruiser

Land O Lakes, FL
I'm going to keep an eye on my new one never noticed it on my 2011 that i had even after 24,000 miles on it. The tires they put on from the factory are actually some of the best touring tires you can get, Dunlop E3's. Every time I have wobble and cupping issues on my Wing it was almost always tires. The bridgestone G series is a great tire as well. Both are designed for heavy loads with the Dunlops having more load rating (marginally) than the Bridgestones but the stones seem to warm up faster and are better for hard riding vs the Dunlops seem better for overall everything riding.
BlackSabbath
Posted 2018-02-25 4:29 AM (#192442 - in reply to #192356)

Puddle Jumper

The Dunlop E4 tires are excellent.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™