You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Front Fork Rebuild - Any tips? Special Tools?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

WingMan71
Posted 2018-01-03 3:18 PM (#192380)
Subject: Front Fork Rebuild - Any tips? Special Tools?

Puddle Jumper

Atlanta, GA
My good friend's 2009 Vision needs a fork rebuild badly! Probably gonna tackle the job this winter.

I've rebuilt a ton of forks in my time wrenching on bikes, but never did any on a Vision before. So, I'm asking for advice before we start on it.

The FSM shows that a fork spring compressor tool is required to disassemble the forks! Really? I've never needed one for any other forks I've worked on. I just push down hard on the cap while a helper rotates the fork tube and then get ready to hold pressure when the threads release and the spring pops up. Any reason that method won't work on the Vision forks?

Also, and other special tools that might be needed other than the ones I've already got from rebuilding lots of other forks? (I already have the 8MM allen impact socket for removing the screw from the bottom of the forks, and also a fork seal driver.)

Is there a kit available with all of the necessary internal parts for the rebuild, or do we have to buy all the pieces individually?

Any tips from those of you who have done this job on a Vision would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by WingMan71 2018-01-03 3:22 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BumbleDB
Posted 2018-01-03 8:30 PM (#192381 - in reply to #192380)
Subject: Re: Front Fork Rebuild - Any tips? Special Tools?

Cruiser

You don't need a spring compressor. An impact gun will help with getting the bolt out of the damper, but only because the damper may spin if you try to remove it by hand.
Pol sells a seal kit, but I think you have to get the slide bushings separate. If you get the parts from Pol, I seem to remember they run ~$60 per tube.

I strongly recommend the traxxion internals if you can swing it. They make a big difference, but then you will need a spring compressor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™