You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

To seat or not to seat
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Jimbo62
Posted 2018-01-21 1:20 AM (#192396)
Subject: To seat or not to seat

Cruiser

Moncks Corner, SC United States
Seriously considering upgrading my stock 2011 Vision seat for either a Mustang or the Corbin. I know there have been several threads written on this subject, but rather than dig through the archives, I will ask for some new input from anyone who has made the change. Both are priced within about $100.00 of each other, so that is not going to be a deciding factor. I also might consider the Russell seat although I think they are a bit more. Thanks in advance for the help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rainmans 09
Posted 2018-01-21 3:54 PM (#192397 - in reply to #192396)
Subject: Re: To seat or not to seat

Puddle Jumper

I looked and researched the various seats and decided on the Corbin seat. My wife and I rode to Hollister, CA and they manufactured the seat (leather, dual seat, trunk backrest, and drivers backrest) using a new seat pan while we waited. They also shipped the stock seat to my home.

As many have stated, the Corbin seat is firmer than most manufacture?s seats. The stock seat was comfortable, however, my tailbone would become sore after long rides and that made me decided on a firmer seat. The seat is firm but after getting some ridding time the seat has formed well to my derriere. As a result, I?m able to take long trips that are more comfortable and less fatiguing.

The brand and type of seat varies for each individual (similar to what motor oil you should use). Your physical size, shape, and weight may also be a determining factor on the seat you choose.
Bashcars
Posted 2018-01-22 11:54 AM (#192398 - in reply to #192396)

Cruiser

Katy, TX United States
I put a Russell Day Long (RDL) seat on my 2003 Honda ST1300. It was very comfortable, but then traded it in on my '13 VV. I have still ride long distances on the stock seat.
amessen
Posted 2018-01-22 2:33 PM (#192399 - in reply to #192396)

Cruiser

Belding Michigan
I have had 5 Corbin seats on my Gold Wings then on the Visions I have had would not go without one as I am a big guy and all other caused hot spots after long ride as they squished down. I will ride with Corbin for the rest of my riding life
stretch1956
Posted 2018-02-07 10:37 AM (#192426 - in reply to #192396)
Subject: RE: To seat or not to seat

Cruiser

Fargo, ND
contact Will Molino at Cycleops. He will take your seat and modify it to whatever standard you want . Go to Cycleopsusa.com
Tell him what you are looking for an let him do the magic. Absolutely fantastic work and custom embroidery.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™