You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lifter Noise
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

johnnyvision
Posted 2018-04-01 1:44 PM (#192466)
Subject: Lifter Noise

Visionary

do you have lifter noise. The part you replace is in front cam chain tensioner only. The part number is 3021668 it coast $ 7.29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr-uJe3Z_sI&feature=youtu.be

Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-04-01 1:44 PM (#192467 - in reply to #192466)
Subject: Re: Lifter Noise

Visionary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr-uJe3Z_sI&feature=youtu.be
lennyb
Posted 2018-04-09 5:46 PM (#192472 - in reply to #192466)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Thanks
Arkainzeye
Posted 2018-04-18 8:52 AM (#192485 - in reply to #192466)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
a lifter is not the same as a cam tension.. 2 very difference parts and how they work.. the Hydraulic lift control valve opening and closing and the clearance (tightness) it has.. a cam chain tension basically. does NON OF THAT..
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-04-18 2:39 PM (#192489 - in reply to #192466)

Visionary

get a hold of Lloydz and tell them there video is all wrong
Arkainzeye
Posted 2018-04-19 5:16 AM (#192494 - in reply to #192466)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
That video was absolutley useless in every possible way . That video covered installing then cam chain tensioner and how to Not damage the rubber bushing ... how does that in anyway have anything to do with the hydraulic LIFTERS.... !! Omg. It's obviously clear who has worked on and engine on this forum and who has not... in the video you can even hear he catches himself using the wrong terminology and stumbles.... my God do not use this video to troubleshoot hydraulic lifter noise. Holy crap! I highly advise that you Johnny need to take a motorcycle repair course 101 before you start recommending videos that contradict the title. Like I said cam chain noise is different then hydraulic lifter noise hydraulic lifter noise as a result of a collapsed lifter or lifter not filling up with oil and pressure on start up quick enough the chain is not going to make it feel up with oil any quicker. And it is definitely not going to prevent a hydraulic lifter from collapsing and the sheer fact that you don't understand this means you should probably step away from the keyboard and let people who actually understand this stuff give advice

I may be no expert in this field but I have rebuilt my engine replace Pistons piston rings cams and yes lifters I even upgraded by replacing an engine on one of my other vision... and while I may not be an expert I may have the slightest clue what I'm talking about I like some people who sit behind a keyboard and use that as their validation because obviously the sheer lack of experience behind the in screaming right now!

And I love how you use the name Lloyd to validate this video with Lloyd himself didn't even make the video... how about watch the videos that you share and understand them first before you start giving a random idiotic advice
Arkainzeye
Posted 2018-04-19 5:23 AM (#192495 - in reply to #192466)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
I swear johhny you remind me this guy in this video

1:30 second. https://youtu.be/hIdsjNGCGz4

Read random scattered info and regurgitate it like you actually know what you're talking about

Arkainzeye
Posted 2018-04-19 5:31 AM (#192496 - in reply to #192466)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Plus how in the hell did this thread get started with what looks like a reply by YOU to somebody else? who does something like this ??

Would you mind sharing to the entire Victory Vision Community who in the hell you are replying to in the first place I mean this is just like a random thought that popped in your head you decided to post??

Do you have lifter noise? Who the hell are you talking to and why is this such a random thought are you talking to everybody on the entire Forum? Was this supposed to be a reply to somebody privately? I mean what the heck kind of thread is this !! I can definitely say this type of thread / post. Definitely coincides with the mixed up fragmented information that we received from you half the time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™