You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Check Engine Light
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

PhantomX
Posted 2018-04-20 6:31 PM (#192500)
Subject: Check Engine Light

Cruiser

Land O Lakes, FL
Does anyone know how to get the code when the check engine light comes on? I?ve got a 2017 Vision and the light just popped on today but when i scroll through the menu i don?t get any codes. Not sure if I need to do some special combo to get the code to show up?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-04-21 2:13 PM (#192503 - in reply to #192500)
Subject: Re: Check Engine Light

Visionary

The code should shot up on radio screen. Don't remember but if you start it more then 5 times the code will disappear.
Some time the light will come on with loose battery bolt. Put lock washers on each bolt 1/4 inch size. Use 10mm wrench to check them your
hand will lie to you
PhantomX
Posted 2018-04-21 4:34 PM (#192504 - in reply to #192500)

Cruiser

Land O Lakes, FL
No code showed up anywhere. Just got a bright red engine light on. I think I?ve probably started it at least that many times and it?s still on. I did tighten the battery cables down for sure though. Do you know how to clear it without the Victory software and computer?
lennyb
Posted 2018-04-21 8:35 PM (#192505 - in reply to #192500)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Looks like the Victory software is probably the only way to get the code and know specifically where to look. Without it I would follow the basic guide found in the manual that poor or corroded connections are the most common cause of system faults. It suggest checking the integrity of the male pins and female receptacles of the connectors in the affected circuit. With no code it just means checking and cleaning every connector. Hope it is that simple and that you pick the right one early.
PhantomX
Posted 2018-04-22 12:35 PM (#192506 - in reply to #192500)

Cruiser

Land O Lakes, FL
So no way to clear them out?
lennyb
Posted 2018-04-24 12:11 PM (#192509 - in reply to #192500)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
not sure if someone with the right tech savvy can suggest a work-around, but it looks like the code will clear when the problem it senses has been resolved

feel your pain - I have to admit to refusing to pay dealer to clear a warning on a car once and I removed the idiot light bulb instead
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™