You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Late to the Party
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision DiscussionMessage format

Prestaged
Posted 2018-05-25 11:49 AM (#192554)
Subject: Late to the Party

Puddle Jumper

Riverview, FL United States
I am in the process of buying a new (2017) Vision and plan to have it shipped to me next week. I have wanted one of these bikes for a few years and, knowing that the chance to purchase a new one is slipping away, I have decided to take the plunge. Payment is already on its way to the selling dealer and I am just waiting for them to acknowledge receipt so I can set the shipper in motion.

I am hoping there is still someone here to talk to.

Roger Hammon
Riverview, FL
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rainryder II
Posted 2018-05-25 12:40 PM (#192555 - in reply to #192554)
Subject: Re: Late to the Party

Cruiser

Welcome! There are many good things you can look forward to with your new Vision!
1.) When you arrive at your destination with the Harley riders and compliment them on their bikes ability to burn up the freeway, they'll compliment you on your bikes ability to keep up as well...but then you'll suddenly be reminded that they were solo, and you did it two up!
2.) It'll never break.
3.) It will always draw comments at gas stations, etc.
4.) You'll have enough legroom if you're lanky. Personally, I can splay out like a teenager on the telephone...back when there were landlines.
5.) Most important: You'll never have to worry about next years model coming out, making yours look old.
Happy riding!!!

Edited by rainryder II 2018-05-25 12:42 PM
Prestaged
Posted 2018-05-25 3:30 PM (#192556 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Rainryder:

Thanks for the welcome. Enjoyed reading your list of things I can look forward to.
lennyb
Posted 2018-05-26 8:18 AM (#192557 - in reply to #192554)

Iron Butt

Perry Hall, MD
Smart decision!

Activity on the forum is not what it had been, but you can still expect responses to your questions. Also make use of the search feature which will probably answer anything you want without delay.

Enjoy and welcome.
Prestaged
Posted 2018-05-26 10:33 AM (#192558 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Lenny:

Yes, I have already made use of the search feature and plan to accumulate a digital book of "stuff" as I do for each bike I own. Thanks for the welcome.

Roger
Davet
Posted 2018-05-27 1:43 AM (#192561 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Sacramento, CA United States
I've recently read some disheartin' post 'bout shippin' bikes. If I may... if you can possibly swing it, I'd do a fly n' ride. Did that with one of my 'Wings n' NEVER regretted! My Vision came from a coupla hundred miles away so I just hitched a ride to pick it up. If you fly n' ride ya can personally break it in as well.
Prestaged
Posted 2018-05-27 11:05 AM (#192562 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

I know the shipping is a keep-your-fingers-crossed kind of thing. It is really not practical for me to do a fly-and-ride. The good news is the bike will be insured for its full purchase amount. The bad news is it would be a sad thing if it arrives on its side. I'll keep you posted.
johnnyvision
Posted 2018-05-27 1:44 PM (#192563 - in reply to #192554)

Visionary

<p>Ask dealer for service manual. You living in FL have one of the top Vic tech's in the country. He does performance and tech work Southern Motorworx. Hes on facebook  17708 High Springsw Main St High Springs, Florida  @kevinxsouthernmotorworx  Call (352) 215-3253</p>

Edited by johnnyvision 2018-05-27 1:46 PM
Prestaged
Posted 2018-05-27 3:01 PM (#192564 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Johnny V: Thanks for that info. I did not know.
jimtom
Posted 2018-05-31 5:18 AM (#192566 - in reply to #192554)
Subject: RE: Late to the Party

Visionary

Sand Rock, AL United States
Welcome! The Vision changed my life. That is my hope for you.
Prestaged
Posted 2018-06-15 7:57 AM (#192587 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

My Vision finally arrived yesterday (06/14/18). I live in the Tampa Bay FL area and bought it from a dealer in Oregon and arranged delivery with a motorcycle shipping company. So the ten days or so that it was in transit were a little nerve-racking for me because I was hoping for the best but expecting there to be some kind of complication. When she was unloaded in front of my house yesterday morning she was a little dusty from her travels (all in enclosed trailer(s)) but otherwise unscathed. That was a big relief. I spent last evening getting her polished up and went for a short ride. Now I need to get her registered so we can pound some miles together. She is black, by the way.
rdbudd
Posted 2018-06-15 10:19 AM (#192588 - in reply to #192587)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Prestaged - 2018-06-15 7:57 AM

My Vision finally arrived yesterday (06/14/18). I live in the Tampa Bay FL area and bought it from a dealer in Oregon and arranged delivery with a motorcycle shipping company. So the ten days or so that it was in transit were a little nerve-racking for me because I was hoping for the best but expecting there to be some kind of complication. When she was unloaded in front of my house yesterday morning she was a little dusty from her travels (all in enclosed trailer(s)) but otherwise unscathed. That was a big relief. I spent last evening getting her polished up and went for a short ride. Now I need to get her registered so we can pound some miles together. She is black, by the way.

Congratulations. You are in for an experience. A very good experience.

I would suggest that the first addition you make to it is a set of lower wind deflectors, if you can find them. They are very effective at blowing away the heat in summer, and protecting you from cold and rain in those conditions.

The second thing I would suggest is a set of heated gear and controllers. Yes, I know you are in Florida, but you now have a machine that you will want to go places on. Many times, I have left home in 90 to 100 degree heat and been in 30 to 40 degree temps just a couple of days later, in the mountains. Heated gear is light, easy to pack, and makes riding into cold temps a non-issue. In fact, I find it very enjoyable.

Did I mention mountains? The Vision was born to ride in the mountains.

Ronnie
Prestaged
Posted 2018-06-15 12:48 PM (#192589 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Ronnie:

Thanks for the tips. I already have heated gloves. Working on the rest of the stuff. :-)
rainryder II
Posted 2018-06-20 12:32 PM (#192594 - in reply to #192554)

Cruiser

oh, and at night, you and your partner will dig the look of the blue dials. Very cool. Outside the Seattle area, it's staying light till nearly ten at night, so I don't get to see them much after dark. But last night I did. Groovy. And you didn't hear me use that word.
Prestaged
Posted 2018-06-23 3:11 PM (#192597 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Went for my first "real" ride today. Had to get her registered and all that. WOW! What a sweet ride. It is REALLY HOT here and I am not sure she likes that too much (being from Oregon and all :_)). The only hiccup was when, after a short run on the interstate to test the cruise, we stopped at a traffic signal and she stalled. Started right back up, though. I am guessing she is just getting adjusted to her new environment. I am spending too much money on "stuff" that I think she needs, but don't tell my wife. I am still riding my Triumph as my "daily driver" but not sure how much longer that will last.

Edited by Prestaged 2018-06-23 3:15 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2018-06-24 10:07 AM (#192598 - in reply to #192597)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
If you have ever developed the habit of blipping the throttle at traffic lights on your bikes, don't do that on the Vision. Doing so will confuse the computer and can lead to stalling.

Ronnie
Pops
Posted 2018-06-24 2:06 PM (#192599 - in reply to #192554)

Cruiser

Georgia On My Mind.... United States
Congrats!

My 2 cents.............

1. Keep your passenger floor boards in the down position. They will bump your ankle and act as a reminder to keep you from running over your foot with the rear tip overs.

2. Most Visions are delivered with zero air in the rear air shock. Check the chart on the left saddlebag to ensure you have the correct PSI for your load. And of course, you need to purchase a hand pump. Amazon has Fox pumps on the cheap.

Ride safe!

Edited by Pops 2018-06-24 2:07 PM
twocell
Posted 2018-06-24 11:15 PM (#192601 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Lackawaxen PA United States
congrats & enjoy ... most economical upgrades .... Lloydz 1/4 turn ring & Lloydz Adjustable Timing Gear can't go wrong
Prestaged
Posted 2018-06-25 8:28 AM (#192602 - in reply to #192598)

Puddle Jumper

rdbudd - 2018-06-24 10:07 AM

If you have ever developed the habit of blipping the throttle at traffic lights on your bikes, don't do that on the Vision. Doing so will confuse the computer and can lead to stalling.

Ronnie

I do have that habit, so I will have to retrain myself (no small undertaking! :-)).
Prestaged
Posted 2018-06-25 8:38 AM (#192603 - in reply to #192599)

Puddle Jumper

Pops - 2018-06-24 2:06 PM

Most Visions are delivered with zero air in the rear air shock. Check the chart on the left saddlebag to ensure you have the correct PSI for your load. And of course, you need to purchase a hand pump. Amazon has Fox pumps on the cheap.

Ride safe!

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered a Fox pump on Amazon.
Prestaged
Posted 2018-06-25 8:40 AM (#192604 - in reply to #192601)

Puddle Jumper

twocell - 2018-06-24 11:15 PM

congrats & enjoy ... most economical upgrades .... Lloydz 1/4 turn ring & Lloydz Adjustable Timing Gear can't go wrong

I am awaiting the arrival of the adjustable timing gear. Guess I will get the 1/4 turn ring as well. Sounds like a good idea.
DaleS
Posted 2018-06-25 1:41 PM (#192606 - in reply to #192554)

Puddle Jumper

Loveland, CO United States
Congrats on your new ride. Glad it got to you safe.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™