You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Power accessory adaptors
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

varyder
Posted 2008-01-04 10:27 AM (#3771)
Subject: Power accessory adaptors

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I asked the dealer about the adaptor for the funny "cigarette lighter" plug-in. They said they would have to order it. I went to the Polaris website and couldn't not find anything on them. It seems they are the same as the European type plug or as some would call them "BMW" plugs. They seem to be much better constructed and more reliable than a simple cigarette lighter plug.

I've found this site that makes not only adapter cables but end replacement and additional plugs. I hope this helps someone. I'm going to order some of the ends and do some replacing so that stuff will work if I need it, like my air compressor or cell phone charger. The charge will need the adapter, but I'm going to try and change the end if I can salvage the "charger" portion in the process.

http://www.powerletproducts.com/index.html

Edited by varyder 2008-01-04 10:33 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-01-04 10:40 AM (#3773 - in reply to #3771)
Subject: Re: Power accessory adaptors

Iron Butt

, FL United States
Already recvd the adapters I ordered from them.They work great & allow me to charge my cell phone while riding.Bought the one w/ 6" cable for the "glove compartment" where the Ipod plug is & a straight adapter for the trunk.The cost was very reasonable IMHO
varyder
Posted 2008-01-04 10:46 AM (#3775 - in reply to #3773)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
did you get them from powerlet or polaris???

CoolHandLuke - 2008-01-04 10:40 AM

Already recvd the adapters I ordered from them.They work great & allow me to charge my cell phone while riding.Bought the one w/ 6" cable for the "glove compartment" where the Ipod plug is & a straight adapter for the trunk.The cost was very reasonable IMHO
devilboy
Posted 2008-01-04 7:27 PM (#3792 - in reply to #3771)

Cruiser

Central Florida
got mine from Powerlet. I am sure that is the same place Polaris gets them from.
jama
Posted 2008-01-04 8:30 PM (#3794 - in reply to #3771)

Cruiser

Arkansas
Yep, Powerlet supplies them to Polaris.

Edited by jama 2008-01-04 8:30 PM
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2008-01-05 8:26 AM (#3847 - in reply to #3771)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Back story: I remember back about 2 years ago Powerlet approached me (then VMC webmaster) to queary the VMC membership what they'd like in power adapters. They said they were working with Victory on their "new model" but couldn't go into details. I was willing to oblige but never got any further contact from them. Maybe Victory put the squeeze on them to keep quiet. Anyway, they were friendly & enthusiastic in the little contact I had with them.

varyder
Posted 2008-01-05 9:07 PM (#3859 - in reply to #3771)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Told my dealer about Powerlet and he said he was going to check into them and start ordering for stock. I've got a few things on order direct from Powerlet until then.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-01-07 9:50 AM (#3877 - in reply to #3775)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
I ordered from Powerlet directly & had the adapters in the mail within a week.Very satisfied with them. My dealer has had the replacement adapters ordered for over 2 months & still doesn't have them

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been out riding

Edited by CoolHandLuke 2008-01-07 9:51 AM
varyder
Posted 2008-01-07 12:28 PM (#3879 - in reply to #3877)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Thank CH Luke, understand about out-riding... every chance I get. I'm trying to figure out how to get it in the living room and wire it in so I can watch T.V. on it. I cranked up the stereo for some friends and it blew them away at how loud it could get, surround sound...

CoolHandLuke - 2008-01-07 9:50 AM

I ordered from Powerlet directly & had the adapters in the mail within a week.Very satisfied with them. My dealer has had the replacement adapters ordered for over 2 months & still doesn't have them

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been out riding
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-01-15 3:36 PM (#4266 - in reply to #3771)
Subject: RE: Power accessory adaptors

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!

Ok, time for the "silly girl" question in this thread.... I just received my Powerlet adapter in the mail (super fast shipping on their part!, btw!!)....

Is the power from the bike already reduced or do I need to worry about a power reducer? I can't find it anywhere in my Owner's Manual....

DesertJim
Posted 2008-01-15 3:59 PM (#4269 - in reply to #4266)

Tourer

Scottsdale AZ
GAgirlTrixie - 2008-01-15 1:36 PM

Ok, time for the "silly girl" question in this thread.... I just received my Powerlet adapter in the mail (super fast shipping on their part!, btw!!)....

Is the power from the bike already reduced or do I need to worry about a power reducer? I can't find it anywhere in my Owner's Manual....

Plug and play, good to go. What are you hookin up GAgirl?
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-01-15 4:57 PM (#4270 - in reply to #3771)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
I use the adapter I got for the "glove compartment" to charge my cell phone when I'm on a long ride.I haven't used the 1 I put in the trunk yet.
GAgirlTrixie
Posted 2008-01-15 5:52 PM (#4272 - in reply to #4269)

Tourer

Savannah, GA -Year round riding!! Yay!
Thanks, Jim! Just looking at cell phone/mp3 charger. Nothing big. Got the midgrade charger. (My cellphone has XM on it, but it kills the battery quickly.)
varyder
Posted 2008-01-16 5:21 AM (#4299 - in reply to #4266)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
If you are just using the adapter, you know, just plug into the bike and then plug your accessory into the adapter you will be fine. Powerlet emphasizes that if you "change" the ends out on your accessory to avoid using the adapter, you may cut off the part that controls everything like voltage reducers. The prime example is a cell phone charge because all the workings are in the plug. So don't cut that off to and put on the replacement.

I provided this explanation not for you GAgirlTrixie, but those who might not understand the situation when they read this post. When I received my powerlet stuff, everything had the "don't do this" warning with it and it made me realize that they've probably got a lot of complaints that something blew up when they used a product, unknowningly cause by their own doings of switching the ends verses using the adapter.

Yours was not a silly girl question at all.

GAgirlTrixie - 2008-01-15 3:36 PM

Byrdman
Posted 2008-03-10 11:07 PM (#6661 - in reply to #3771)

Cruiser

Richmond, Texas
Thanks for the info. My dealer had no idea what plugged in there.

I ordered a couple.

Thanks again.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™