You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Turn Signals
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

snowriders
Posted 2008-01-06 9:46 PM (#3870)
Subject: Turn Signals

Puddle Jumper

Has any one experience the turn signals canceling prematurely? I'm having the left turn signal cancel within 8 blinks and the right turn is taking 11 blinks. Is this normal for Victory?
Would appreciate any feed back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mudge
Posted 2008-01-06 11:54 PM (#3872 - in reply to #3870)
Subject: RE: Turn Signals

Tourer

20 miles west of Chicago.
I havn't yet had a chance to ride mine yet so I havn't experienced using the turn signals, but when reading the "Rider's Manual" regarding the turn signals I noticed what appears to be a pretty complex self-cancel program. Basically the signals have a 15 mph break point built in, activated above which the signals cancel after a preset distance and below which they cancel when 15mph is reached, unless you put them on above 15 then slow to 15, then they cancel at 15 again, or something like that. If I sound a bit confused about it, it's because I am. I was thinking that it would sort itself out once I actually (Come on Spring!) start riding the beast, and have been trust- ing that the engineers who designed the signals that way did so for good and practical reasons. That being said, I hope that's all the problem is with your's and it's not some malfunction in the signals or the flasher module. Perhaps someone who knows more can help us both out.

Edited by Mudge 2008-01-06 11:58 PM
Grebs_59
Posted 2008-01-10 4:02 PM (#4008 - in reply to #3870)
Subject: Re: Turn Signals

Cruiser

Twin Cities, MN
If you hold the turn signal for the first few "blinks" it cancels has soon has you release it. It's a lane change "feature".
Be sure to just bump it over if you want the self cancel to work has engineered. Mine has been fine.
(much better then the "self-cancel" on my old V-Star)
Plus I get both a right and a left indicator on the dash - how cool is that!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™