You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Heated Seat
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

g1nomad
Posted 2008-02-01 11:22 AM (#4785)
Subject: Heated Seat

Tourer

SC, Bluffton
Our Premium has the heated grips & seat. Never had them before, and I
love those heated grips.

Question to those with the seat:

My grips seem to stay on constantly, but with the seat on high, it is on 4 minutes,
off 4 minutes, on, off, etc...... Does anyone else experience this? I think on low
it stays on at all times.

Thanks, Herb
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2008-02-01 12:24 PM (#4787 - in reply to #4785)
Subject: RE: Heated Seat

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
That's the same on mine, I have not timed the intervals, but sounds about right. I though think they also cycle on low. I don't use the seat as much as I do the grips. The seat heat gets used when my Wife rides with me.
metalguy
Posted 2008-02-02 5:30 PM (#4822 - in reply to #4785)
Subject: Re: Heated Seat

Tourer

Tacoma, WA
I use the heated seat, but geez, high is too hot! Yes, it cycles....but I so rarely use it on high, I just don't pay it much attention. I hate the smell of my bacon burning!-----Metalguy
cjnoho
Posted 2008-02-02 8:55 PM (#4834 - in reply to #4785)

Visionary

So Cal
Most heated seats have a thermistor (temp sensor) to keep things from frying (overheating). The owners manual recommends using the low setting when things are warm enough. I have noticed that the pass. seat wont even turn on at times if the drivers seat has been on high for a while. The sensors must be close together or the pass. sensor might be close to the drivers seat element. Either way, low keeps the little woman happy.
CoolHandLuke
Posted 2008-02-03 9:36 AM (#4851 - in reply to #4785)

Iron Butt

, FL United States
+1 on what metalguy said. I have used High setting only once (by accident) and it damned near roasted my butt. I do use it occasionally but not a lot since I'm down here in sunny Florida
varyder
Posted 2008-02-04 11:20 AM (#4892 - in reply to #4851)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I've never used mine on high longer than to get warmed up and then it gets set to low. I did not know it cycled. However, I've turned off all the heated items for the remainder of the winter. Why? I work with a GL1800 rider who sissied out on me on the cold mornings and said I had an unfair advantage with the heated grips and seat. He forgot that last winter I had the GL1200 which had no heated nothing and even less wind protection than the ViVi and I still rode every day regardless of the temps. My only limitations was when there was a lot of moisture during the day and then freezing at night. Of course, I've only got a 16 mile trip to work, so almost anything is tolerable for 20-30 minutes.
visionrider
Posted 2008-02-09 12:10 PM (#5125 - in reply to #4785)

Puddle Jumper

Have also noted the cycling of the seats even on low. Gets fairly hot then cools off. The grips seem to stay constant love them. Wife loves the heated passenger seat and rides on high most of the time. She loves it toasty all the more power to her at least she loves to ride in the cold now. Also have the heated jacket liner for her and no more complaints about being cold anymore.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™