You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Augusta, Ga
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2010-01-23 10:02 PM (#51906)
Subject: Augusta, Ga

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
It looks right now I'll be riding to Augusta Sunday for the week, and if the weather holds out, again next Sunday for another week.

Is there anything special happening, or would anyone like to ride a few evening miles and grab a bite to eat? My strong stuff is Diet Mountain Dew.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-01-24 10:10 PM (#51982 - in reply to #51906)
Subject: Re: Augusta, Ga

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
So I get to my hotel moments, and I mean moments before the storm broke loose. I thought I'd be eating rain the last hour of the trip and even put on my togg bottoms. Haaa, foiled the rain again.

Anyway, I can't even get checked in and this guy who rides a Harley starts asking me all kinds of questions at the same time a guy with a Polaris shirt on steps out for a smoke. We talk Victory for about 20 minutes and the Harley dude wants a replacement for his Harley because he is tired of working on his with only 40,000 on the clock. I tell him I've got 61,000 and I'm happy as a pig in mud. He doesn't like the fixed fairing so I tell him about the Cross bikes. Before tonight he didn't know Victory existed and in 20 minutes he's looking for a dealer. Wild.

I didn't get his name as he was there with the inlaws and he had to split but he said he was part of the "big ride" before the Vision hit the streets.
Joker
Posted 2010-01-25 1:33 PM (#52033 - in reply to #51906)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
There is a place on Washington Road called Reinhardts that has some great food and yes it is a hole in the wall kind of place. We usually try to go there about twice a year on one of our ride to eat tours.
varyder
Posted 2010-01-25 4:33 PM (#52045 - in reply to #52033)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Joker - 2010-01-25 2:33 PM

There is a place on Washington Road called Reinhardts that has some great food and yes it is a hole in the wall kind of place. We usually try to go there about twice a year on one of our ride to eat tours.

if you hurry I'll buy. This place is GREAT! $2.99 Doz shrimp tonite! Dude...
Joker
Posted 2010-01-25 7:07 PM (#52058 - in reply to #51906)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
Can't make it this week but maybe next week and I need to do lunch so I can get home before dark and the deer come out. You also need to try out the crab legs.
varyder
Posted 2010-01-25 7:21 PM (#52061 - in reply to #51906)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I went to the Polaris dealer to get an air filter and plugs for the Vision, and I wouldn't even call them a Polaris dealer and definetly not a Victory Dealer though they did have the sign. No filter and he said that he could get it by Friday, and then another guy says "I wouldn't say that". I told them never mind, have a nice day. I did ask where the next Victory dealer was and they told me that would be Columbia, however, they're no longer a dealer though they do service Victory's still.

So I leave there and head straight to Rhinehardts. Man, what a joint. The crowd was flowing in and you could tell it was a popular place, and the clientel is diverse. As I was leaving a fine dressed lady rolled up in her mercedes, I would have never guessed it.

Anyway, I had raw oysters and shrimp, fantastic! I asked what the specials were for the week, and tomorrow is the crab legs. I'm looking forward to a repeat performance.

The place has found its way to be among the favorites and would be worth the 6 hour ride anytime.
varyder
Posted 2010-01-26 11:57 AM (#52098 - in reply to #51906)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm might be caging next week back down here. It is calling for wintery mix and snow by the time I get home Friday night. I didn't want that and didn't expect it, as it called for the 60's all week here in Augusta and in the 40's in Va when i got home. Pysch! knock that down about 10 degree's for the whole deal and then throw in snow. Why do I work myself into such messes....
Joker
Posted 2010-01-27 8:58 AM (#52146 - in reply to #51906)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
So how were the crab legs? I got some reports from Augusta about butter dripping off some motorcycle in the area...
varyder
Posted 2010-01-27 9:32 AM (#52147 - in reply to #51906)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I went to the Belair road outfit this time and I must say the atmosphere just seemed bland in comparison to the Washington Rd establishment. However, the crablegs and roast oysters were well worth every cent with every bite. The butter did, however, cause some slick moments on the ride back to the hotel.

Tonite is $4.99 a doz shrimp and 1/2 price appetizers, a virtual buffet. I'll be back at the Washington Rd tonight for supper. Price and good food at the perfect combination.
trailbarge
Posted 2010-01-27 11:37 AM (#52155 - in reply to #52061)

Tourer

Goldsboro, NC
varyder - 2010-01-25 8:21 PM
So I leave there and head straight to Rhinehardts. Man, what a joint. The crowd was flowing in and you could tell it was a popular place, and the clientel is diverse. As I was leaving a fine dressed lady rolled up in her mercedes, I would have never guessed it.

Anyway, I had raw oysters and shrimp, fantastic! I asked what the specials were for the week, and tomorrow is the crab legs. I'm looking forward to a repeat performance.

The place has found its way to be among the favorites and would be worth the 6 hour ride anytime.

This place sound like "the O" in Pittsburgh... in Oakland, just off the Pitt campus... except with a better menu.

That place was a rowdy hole and I'm fairly sure no one would want to see the place under the full light of day, but it attracts students, bums, businessmen and celebrities. The O doesn't offer crab legs... mostly short order stuff... but it is inexpensive and pretty good. The jamming crowds make it a destination.

hmmmmm... google maps sez its only 5 hours away. I suppose that makes sense if varyder is where I think he's from and his ride is 6 hours. Anyway, it might be worth a trip.
Joker
Posted 2010-01-27 11:59 AM (#52156 - in reply to #51906)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
It is worth the trip but just make sure you don't overdress...it is almost 3 hours from my house and going is no problem but nap time on the way home gets difficult so its a good thing the Vision has auto pilot...
varyder
Posted 2010-01-27 1:30 PM (#52162 - in reply to #51906)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I might not be on the same par as other folks, but I'm hard to please when it comes to eating. There is the so-so, and then there is the got to go. I've got a very few places on the map that I would go out of my way to eat.

1) El Travodor (sp?)(Mexican/Salvadorian) Market St - Baltimore, Md
2) Peking Restaurant, (Chinese-Japanese-Mongolian-Thai) K-Mart Plaza on By-Pass - Williamsburg, Va
3) Steel Horse - Chester, Va
4) Smithfield BBQ - Take your pick in NC.
5) Rhinehart's - Washington St. Augusta, Ga
6) Any mexican restaurant - McAllen, Tx
Joker
Posted 2010-01-27 6:23 PM (#52180 - in reply to #51906)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
Ride to Eat

1. J.B.'s Fish Camp, New Smyrna Beach Fl.
2. Rhinehart's, Augusta Ga.
3. Harry Bissett's, Athens Ga.
4. High Tide, Flagler Beach FL.
5. Cap's, St. Augustine FL.
6. Bimini, North Myrtle Beach SC.

Beautiful day in North Georgia and I turned over 24,000 miles on the Vision on my 100 mile ride today!!!!
Looking forward to April as I am riding to Key West and I need some info on the best route through Miami. We prefer not to get on the interstate but is the Florida Turnpike toll road the other best route?

varyder
Posted 2010-02-02 3:55 PM (#52536 - in reply to #51906)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
my last trip to rhineharts this go around. This place is great.
gtringa
Posted 2010-02-28 7:10 AM (#54070 - in reply to #52061)

New user

I live in Augusta (Evans) and am currently looking for my next bike. The Polaris dealer you mention is the one I have visited a couple of times and have test rode their 09 Vision Premium Tour. My main concern about buying a Victory is this dealership and if they really could supply the level of service I would like.

As I have read alot of posts on this and other Victory Websites, there is definately good and bad ones out there. Because I have only been to one other in Dothan Alabama, my question to you and others is, "What does excellence look like when I walk into a Victory Dealership?"

It appears from your post that this one in Augusta is severely lacking....

Ride Safe

Candyman
Posted 2010-03-01 11:45 AM (#54135 - in reply to #51906)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
Excellence is purely subjective. Jeff in Cumming GA has a small shop in a metal building which doesnt look like much but they are great people to deal with. I did drive over 200 miles to buy a bike from him. I my short experiance with Victory I have not had a great deal of need for service. In fact none other than oil changes and I started doing that myself. Just my 2cents
etspastimes
Posted 2010-03-01 8:29 PM (#54161 - in reply to #51906)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
Joker, if you are not in a huge rush, I prefer going Hwy 27 to Hwy 1. Get a map and check it out. ET
RedRider
Posted 2010-03-02 4:40 AM (#54180 - in reply to #51906)

Visionary

Not to steal the thread but your dealer is the key to buying a new bike or even a cage for that matter. When you take your bike in for service you the place to do the job correctly and in a timely manner for a fair price. Look at the whole picture. Some dealers give a great price on the bike but don't discount accessories after the sale. Some the price doesn't drop much but they give you a discount on everything you buy. Some places mail out great discount coupons which if you can wait you get a great deal. You want a mech with experience and cares about each bike he/she works on. Do your homework. Ask for customers references and search sites for dealer ratings.
We hope nothing goes wrong but if something should you need a good dealer behind you.
Good luck in your choice, gtringa
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™