You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Zion National Forest
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

norcan
Posted 2010-01-23 11:52 PM (#51909)
Subject: Zion National Forest

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Hi all. Here is the delema, 4-5 of us are going for a 10 day trip. I would like to know if it is possible with the amount of time we have. We would like to ride the pass at Zion and then make our way to the Million dollar highway, on to Yellow stone and Back North to Sweet grass. Now looking at google maps there are many many great highway and biways to travel. However we hope to be at Springdale on the Monday. So start there on Tuesday, would in your honest opinions taking the more direct and senic routes and not having to to do 600 plus mile per day rides ( one Vision, 3-4 HD's), be in Sweet Grass on the Saturday (5 days).
Has anyone here done the ride or anyone familiar with the routes in the areas I have mentioned. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2010-01-24 2:50 PM (#51948 - in reply to #51909)
Subject: Re: Zion National Forest

Visionary

My concern would be have you ridden with all these people before? Sometimes it's not the road but the riders.
norcan
Posted 2010-01-24 3:25 PM (#51953 - in reply to #51909)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
Yes we ride alot, we are dead heading South and want to have a fairly relaxing ride back, just don't want to start a ride then have to ride really hard most of the way. Some of the guys did Alaska and back in 8 days. By the looks of the maps it is do-able. Thanks
boatsrfun
Posted 2010-01-25 7:40 AM (#52000 - in reply to #51909)
Subject: RE: Zion National Forest

Cruiser

When do you plan on leaving? A friend on a goldwing were planning on a trip down the Oregon coast in the last couple of weeks in July.

Vic on his 08 Vision
Red Deer
norcan
Posted 2010-01-26 6:28 AM (#52082 - in reply to #51909)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
We are going the middle of June.
Kioti
Posted 2010-01-26 7:48 AM (#52087 - in reply to #51909)

Cruiser

Lennox, SD
We are going that way early June with a 3 stay in Cortez, CO to ride the great roads.
Prelim route plans from SE South Dakota is Hwy 20 across Nebraska and into Wyoming then south to the Flaming Gorge, across Utah on Hwy 24 to Kanab and Zion and off the Cortez. We may have to adjust route along the way expect to be in Cortez on 6th day.

Maybe we will see y'all on the highways and byways.
mkultra
Posted 2010-01-26 7:49 AM (#52088 - in reply to #51909)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
Seems to me there will be alot of long days. Just to get from Zion to the 550 (million dollar hyw) in a day is a long ride. Dont know if your Planning on Utah 12 or south through Az. or....If you take I70 it puts you into northern Colorado then along ride south to Durango. Ive found it best to ride day to day with no expectations. That way your not killing your HD buddies with 600 mile plus days. A very phenominal ride though.....I plan on doing Yellowstone the first week of June so maybe our paths will cross...

mike
norcan
Posted 2010-01-26 9:05 PM (#52127 - in reply to #51909)

Cruiser

Edmonton Alberta, Canada
We are going the second or third week of June, leave Edmonton Sat morning, and ride like the wind down I15 (3days). From then it is day by day, but would love to make it out to the Million dollar highway. However we need to be back the following Sunday, so probally have to make t another trip. Just look for me smiling and the others sore and stoping often.lol
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™