You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Reverse
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

alberts46
Posted 2010-01-29 7:43 AM (#52271)
Subject: Reverse

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
I have never had reverse before, but find that it is so slow I only use it when absolutely necessary and even then it is incredibly slow.. I asked the dealer if it can be stepped up a little and he said no. Just looking for comments, and when I say slow, I mean really slow.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedRider
Posted 2010-01-29 1:59 PM (#52295 - in reply to #52271)
Subject: Re: Reverse

Visionary

My brother lives in Bonita Springs.
How fast can your legs go backwards and still keep your balance? I feel that it's "slow" but it's just right for complete control while backing.
alberts46
Posted 2010-01-29 2:07 PM (#52296 - in reply to #52295)

Cruiser

Bonita Springs, FL
Does he ride, I started a group ride 10 years ago and we ride every Tuesday and Thursday.
GRZ
Posted 2010-01-29 4:17 PM (#52304 - in reply to #52271)

Cruiser

Ma.
I had reverse on my Goldwing and although it was alot faster..... the bike was also alot more unstable. I think the speed of the reverse on my Vision is perfect. If the ground becomes unlevel or if I encounter any balance issues will in reverse, the slower speed makes the bike much easier to control. I also only use reverse to get the bike in position to move forward.

Good Luck,

Gary
Bluegill
Posted 2010-01-29 7:00 PM (#52311 - in reply to #52271)

Puddle Jumper

High Ridge, Mo.
+1 on the speed. I COULD go a little faster, but I'd rather be upright. Also, it has enough grunt to get through shallow potholes. Love it. Wouldn't want to be without it.
VisionTex
Posted 2010-01-30 8:59 AM (#52341 - in reply to #52311)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
My next on is going to have reverse, there are more dirt, gravel, rock, pot hole, down hill, parking lots than I ever realized.
varyder
Posted 2010-01-30 11:43 AM (#52355 - in reply to #52271)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Keep in mind guys and gals, the strength in your legs will keep riding a lot longer so I appreciate the workout. However, if you are at the point that you need reverse, the other key is knowing how and where to park to begin with. So far (and the emphasis is on 'so far' ) I have not needed reverse, though there may have been a time or two I could have used a "push".

On being slow, you ain't riding the dang thing backwards, you're trying to get it to a point where you can go or don't need the thing. Now, I don't know how slow is slow, but I wouldn't use it anymore than a few inches at at time, the rest is on me. And, if I get to the point that'll need reverse that bad, I'll go with a trike as I won't have any strength left in my legs to hold 'er up reasonably, especially with the WU on the back. Just my yap...

Edited by varyder 2010-01-30 11:44 AM
VaParadox
Posted 2010-01-30 12:55 PM (#52360 - in reply to #52271)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Motorcycle reverse is an AID not a speed. Its primary use is when the driver F-ups and parks in an inappropriate spot because he/she wasnt paying attention and doesnt have the strength to back the bike out of its position. If you are using the reverse every single time to back out of a normal parking situation. id suggest THE GYM !! LOL
VisionTex
Posted 2010-01-30 1:22 PM (#52368 - in reply to #52360)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
I'm so happy, there are folks here that think I'm somewhat worthless in picking out a parking spot, and wanting a reverse. Life is good...

Its primary use is when the driver F-ups and parks in an inappropriate spot because he/she wasnt paying attention and doesnt have the strength to back the bike out of its position.
varyder
Posted 2010-01-30 1:32 PM (#52370 - in reply to #52271)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
popcorn, peanuts, soda, anyone! Let's get ready to RRRRrrrrrummmmmmmbuuuuuuulllllll!
VaParadox
Posted 2010-02-01 9:42 PM (#52503 - in reply to #52271)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Tex,
Buddy, If i took personally every slam i get on here when i post something...........oh wait I DO take it personally ha ha ha ha
seriously, such as the case with my comment on your subject matter, when people post on here comments its most often about
the topic not the topic writer. Lets face it, if we all parked on level ground all the time in an ideal situation, then reverse wouldnt even be a thought. But we all know that there are "some" bike owners who throttle up to the closest parking spot to the beer, and think
"i'll deal with getting the bike out when im ready to leave", those are the ones who need the reverse the most. I also think what sensitized most peoples commenting was the issue of speed while in reverse, not so much needing the reverse....
ok, that said im gonna head back downstairs to play with myself again on my Victory chess set.................why did that sound odd....
RedRider
Posted 2010-02-01 11:03 PM (#52506 - in reply to #52271)

Visionary

And all this time I thought it was Freudian. The little boy that can't have reverse belittling the ones that do trying to justify his inability.

I remember few years back in Hill City where I stay during Sturgis and Puerto Rican NC was going to park on the high side of the street. The first guy parked his bike and then pushed the other 14 bikes into their spots. I thought that was great because traffic was only tied up for a few minutes. I wish Americans would think more about the other people sharing the road.
Last year we did the ride from the airbase during Sturgis. Great ride to our Vets. We had free parking behind the community center. The area I ended up parking in had a heavy down slope to the curb. Maybe I should have bitched about it or screwed everyone else up behind me while I jockeyed for a spot I could just pull out of? When I was ready to leave I just popped her in reverse and did not have to ask anyone for a "push".
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™