You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Gerbing Permanent Mounted Heated Controller Note
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech ReferenceMessage format

TimS
Posted 2008-02-15 5:32 PM (#5321)
Subject: Gerbing Permanent Mounted Heated Controller Note

Iron Butt

If you are planning on hooking the Gerbing permanent heated clothing controller to the cigar-plug on the aluminum console, please note that this will not work unless you replace the cigar-plug with a non-grounded plug.  The standard Victory cigar-plug is grounded to the aluminum console via the mounting housing as well as the ground wire on the back of the plug.  Once you hook it up to the Gerbing controller, it will aways be hot even though the controller is turned off.

It turns out that Gerbing's controller breaks the ground feed and not the hot feed as I expected.  If it breaks the ground feed to the back of the cigar-plug, the plug is still hot with 12 volts because the cigar-plug is still grounded by the aluminum console.  To get this to work, I replaced the Victory cigar-plug with a non-grounded plug that only takes its ground from the ground wire on the back of the plug and not the actual mounting housing.

Just my 2 cents,

Tim 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™