You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Garmin 2820/Samsung Blackjack Bluetooth Pairing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-02-15 6:36 PM (#5324)
Subject: Garmin 2820/Samsung Blackjack Bluetooth Pairing

Cruiser

Florida
Instead of the Victory GPS, I went with the newer Garmin 2820 GPS on the Vision. It's the same mounting bracket and same wiring scheme. It does add numerous features such as Bluetooth.

I was having difficulty getting the 2820 to recognize the phone. I tried it 20 times. Then I called Garmin Tech Support. It was nice they answered immediately (I'm not used to that), but the operator was fairly clueless. Please understand that the Blackjack has been available for more than a year and is a big selling phone. The Garmin tech stated the Blackjack hadn't been "approved" for the unit and kept putting me on hold while she asked a colleague for advice.

(I've often wondered that instead of continually placing the customer on hold while seeing advice, why not: 1) transfer the caller to the person with the knowledge or 2) train the techs better).

Well, after 30 minutes, they said I'll have to wait until the next Garmin update as the GPS will not operate with the phone. While I was on hold, I repeatedly attempted the paring process and as she was saying that...it paired. Go figure?

For the microphone, I'm using the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 and then paired it to the GPS. I tried it by calling my cell phone and it worked!

I'm sure the quality won't be great, but I'm not planning on talking while driving. My plan is to have this in case someone URGENTLY needs to get in contact with me...ONLY.

So, forget what tech support tells you...it will work. Wouldn't it be nice if the manufacturers actually had hands-on training with the tech/customer support staff?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
devilboy
Posted 2008-02-15 11:54 PM (#5327 - in reply to #5324)
Subject: Re: Garmin 2820/Samsung Blackjack Bluetooth Pairing

Cruiser

Central Florida
I have been using the blackjack with my 2820 for months now(in my car) It was a PITA to pair but then it finally clicked!
I choose not to use it on Vision. I dont want to be bothered while I am riding, kinda defaets the purpose imo. nothing is that important to interupt my ride.
PalmBeachRider
Posted 2008-02-18 2:46 PM (#5438 - in reply to #5324)
Subject: Re: Garmin 2820/Samsung Blackjack Bluetooth Pairing

Cruiser

Florida
I gave up on trying to pair the 2820/Blackjack/Scala Rider Q2. Once I finally paired my phone and Q2 to the Garmin, the audio level for both the GPS and the phone was so low it was inaudible. I tried all the adjustments and nothing worked. I then upaired the two devices from the GPS and then paired the phone with the Q2 and it works great. I had a friend give me a test call and it sounded great. I am having one issue with the Q2...I'm getting intermittent beeps in my ear. I called tech support and they were useless.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™