You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wjoel
Posted 2010-02-05 9:39 PM (#52749)
Subject: Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
Myself and 3 other bikers want to go to Daytona Bike Week in March. Our plan is to haul all 4 bikes down to Virginia or N. Carolina,then ride them to Florida and back to same location.Being from Penna. it quite possibly will not be favorable, weather-wise at that time,to ride all the way to Florida from Pa. I checked with U-Haul on renting a 24' truck to transport. Their trucks don't have any tie down provisions on the floor
to ratchet the bikes, nor can you bolt wheelchocks down,the floors are not wood. There is a place near Phila. that rents enclosed trailers for motorcycles,only problem is, I don't have access to a big enough truck to tow the trailer. Does anyone know if there are rental agencies that rent pickup trucks with a tow hitch,or of another rental truck company with trucks like U-Hauls that are motorcycle friendly with tie provisions in them ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-02-05 11:45 PM (#52752 - in reply to #52749)
Subject: Re: Any Suggestions Would Be Appreciated

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
Try Enterprise. I have rented a 1500 from them and hauled my car about 1000 miles.
RedRider
Posted 2010-02-06 12:54 AM (#52753 - in reply to #52749)

Visionary

Can you get them hauled on the train? Drop them off and then just arrive at the drop off point enjoy yourself and then just ride back to load them on the train again. I know they do it during Sturgis but not sure about Daytona.
Big Vic
Posted 2010-02-06 7:53 AM (#52754 - in reply to #52749)

Iron Butt

Southeast Iowa
You may have already thought of this, I don't know. But in small town Iowa this would be really easy to do.
Do you or any of your friends know a guy with a 3/4 ton pick-up truck? If you do you might be able to strike a deal with him. Offer to give him a set of wheels to drive while you are gone and pay him a daily rental fee for his truck. That still puts you short a trailer but you can find them anywhere.
Another option would be to ship your bikes, but I don't know if you could find someone to deliver them where you want at a reasonable rate.
GravelFinder
Posted 2010-02-06 10:25 AM (#52765 - in reply to #52754)

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE
I read on the VMC of a guy from the NE who used the Autotrain to Florida or maybe from Florida. I think he rode one way and used the auto train the other.

Then you just have to figure out how to get the bikes to the train station, which should be less daunting.

etspastimes
Posted 2010-02-07 8:13 AM (#52808 - in reply to #52749)

Tourer

Salisbury, NC
If you use the autotrain, you ride over to the train station, load your bike and then ride the train to Fl. Get off the train, find your bike and ride to the motel. ET
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™