You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

GPS Question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

showdawg
Posted 2010-02-13 11:59 AM (#53198)
Subject: GPS Question

Puddle Jumper

I own a 2009 Victory Vision, That I purchased over the winter. I am trying to decide on a GPS and I am leaning towards the Garmin Zumo 660. I was wondering if you can intergrate in the vision audio system while using the Ipod for music at the same time. I also would like to hard mount it to the console instead of the ram mount. I would appreciate any feedback on this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Man314
Posted 2010-02-13 12:06 PM (#53199 - in reply to #53198)
Subject: Re: GPS Question

Tourer

Spirit Lake IA "Birthplace of Victory Motorcycles"
Just bought the 660 and I'm in the same boat. It is designed to integrate with stereo with iPod. It will hard mount to console; HOWEVER they want to not only sell you the GPS, but also the audio integration harness, AND the mounting brackets. My new Victory harness evidently only works with 2010 as they changed the connector since 2009. Look's like I will need to splice things together with included harness to make work. I love the 660 though! My saga is still unfolding . . . I'll keep you posted
Webhair
Posted 2010-02-14 9:16 AM (#53235 - in reply to #53198)

Iron Butt

Peachtree City, GA
Please document what you end up doing and let us all know... I would really like to move to the 660 but I had already figured out the wiring was not same for an 09...
showdawg
Posted 2010-02-19 11:17 AM (#53564 - in reply to #53198)
Subject: RE: GPS Question

Puddle Jumper

I did get some info from the dealer the other day. They said that Vic Part # 2878028 audio harness will work on the 2009 vision. They also said that part # 2877930 for the mount is the mount for the garmin Zumo 660 GPS. The 2 parts together total $300.00 I haven't had the oportunity to take the bike apart as the weather here really bites. But I plan on doing some investigating and will document what i come up with.
GAColson
Posted 2010-02-19 10:28 PM (#53590 - in reply to #53198)
Subject: RE: GPS Question

Puddle Jumper

Tucson,AZ
I went with the tried and true Zumo 550 with the XM radio. Couldn't be happier. GPS/MP3/XM radio, traffic and weather.
Ploz58
Posted 2010-02-20 2:41 AM (#53595 - in reply to #53198)

Cruiser

Central Victoria, Australia
i have the zumo 550 which i have had for a few years,
on the victory i run a seperate fused line from the battery, and i can run the audio throught the aux on the bike, I used the victory ball mount that goes on the clutch lever and a ram mount
a small cable was run from the headphone jack on the zumo and run into the front console storage area, i sliced a small slit in the rubber bung in the storage area,feed the cable through and just looped it into the standard jack.

I could get MP3s from the garmin, and get directions,
i also have a bluetooth headset that will get the info from the garmin but i used the intercom feature on that headset, so i would run the garmin through auxillary.

My garmin has been used more in the car than the bike, but just after my long wet trip it fails to charge in the bike or car cradle and will not produce sound,

it was sent to my local garmin dealer and they said its "had it" the connector box is corroded!! corrosion in a waterproof unit????
On other forums there has been mention of this , local dealer has never seen it!
the offered to buy a refurbished unit for $250AUD/
If anyone knows of someone that can repair these connector boxes, let me know, i think there are a few owners on the ADVriders forun that might be interested.

so im not sure what to do there, a 660 would be nice but i dont want to fork ou the bucks at the moment.

The 660 has it contacts mid way up the cradle whereas the 550 has its contacts at the bottom ( where water can collect?)
so a design change may indicate there has been a problem

these are amazing devices and can make live must easier

Thomas
Posted 2010-02-20 10:18 AM (#53607 - in reply to #53595)

Central Wisconsin

Ploz58 - 2010-02-20 2:41 AM

My garmin has been used more in the car than the bike, but just after my long wet trip it fails to charge in the bike or car cradle and will not produce sound, it was sent to my local garmin dealer and they said its "had it" the connector box is corroded!! corrosion in a waterproof unit???? On other forums there has been mention of this , local dealer has never seen it! the offered to buy a refurbished unit for $250AUD/ 

The 660 has it contacts mid way up the cradle whereas the 550 has its contacts at the bottom ( where water can collect?)
so a design change may indicate there has been a problem 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I just went out to the garage and coated the 24 pins with di-electric grease.

BillyTheKidd
Posted 2010-02-22 8:45 AM (#53712 - in reply to #53607)

Cruiser

Denver
Hello, I have an 08 and the dealer said the harness and mount would work on the my bike as well. If you look at the web site, one sections says for model year 10 only and another section says for model years 08 to 10. Well, the aluminum mount works just fine the harness does not. Check you bike, there is a link in the Tech Q&A with a picture of the connector on the harness. It is not a 7 pin. If you have a 7 pin connector on your bike the harness will not work. I decided to use the Aux with the harness that comes with the GPS. Works slick. I did use the mount and that works nice as well.

Willy
whinchey
Posted 2010-04-09 10:28 AM (#57069 - in reply to #53198)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
Garmin is on the verge of releasing the Zumo 665, it is the same as the 660 but includes the Bluetooth and XM I believe.. Just food for thought. I purchased first the Tourtech Garmin 2720, and now have the Garmin 2820.. But I have been playing with a new idea on all this and will post a new thread called Bluetooth your Vision..

Cheers.

Edited by whinchey 2010-04-09 10:28 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™