You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Ness Vision back rest
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-18 6:58 PM (#53535)
Subject: Ness Vision back rest

Cruiser

I recently purchased an 09 Ness Vision and was wondering if anyone out there also purchased this bike? The reason why I'm asking is that I'm a little confused on what back rest to purchase? Does the stock Arlen Ness seat already come with the bracket for the back rest? Or do I have to purchase it separately? Part #2876676 seems to be the back rest that slips in to the slots on the Ness seat. (both rider and passenger)
I still am waiting for my bike to arrive. Meantime, I just wanted to see if anyone knows the answer to my question. Thanks a bunch!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VaParadox
Posted 2010-02-18 10:17 PM (#53546 - in reply to #53535)
Subject: Re: Ness Vision back rest

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Are you referring to the driver back rest or the passenger back rest? The Ness Vision seat does not come with a back rest application
The seat bucket is the same as the standard Vision seat, but the padding, stitching, and "hardness" of the seat are different. ( in most peoples opinion the Ness seat is a lot less comfortable. You cannot add the 2010 backrest bracket to this seat. You can order the
Utopia Backrest ( i just got mine and installed it few weeks ago). Utopia made me a custom back pad because i thought the stock one that they made for the Vision was FUGLY and an eyesore due to its shape and size. What they made me suits the overall look of the bike
a lot more. Its smaller and has a more pronounced curve to it. Hope this helps If you want to see what my backrest looks like, please email me directly so i dont take up website with photos not everyone may want to see Mac. VaParadox@aol.com
Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-18 11:29 PM (#53548 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

Thank you for replying. The Ness actually comes with pre-cut holes with a leather flap that is velcro'd to the seat when a back rest is not in use. I figure this gives the owner the option of utilizing a back rest. My Ness arrives next week sometime and believe me I can't wait.
I just might go the Utopia way since it appears that they will customize their product to fit each customer. I agree, the square shaped utopia is comfortable but would look too square on the Ness. I will email you for pics. Thanks!!
ruttrow
Posted 2010-02-19 6:01 AM (#53554 - in reply to #53548)

Cruiser

Illinois
Here is the passenger one I bought with the bike. You are correct, lift the velcro tab on the seat and it slides right in. The back rest that is. As far as the seat not being as comfy or harder than a regular Vision I suppose that depends on the rider. Before the Ness I owned a tour premium and while the seat was softer, I prefer the Ness seat. The seat on the Ness has nice lower back support built in, something the stock vision seat does not. Also, being vertically challenged as I am, the Ness seat seems to push you forward more than a non ness version. The Ness seat is also leather while the non ness is not.
Driver backrest P/N 2878036, catalog shows it fits 2009 Ness Vision

Edited by ruttrow 2010-02-19 6:29 AM

(11247_1184615494568_1203671611_30522689_1034730_n.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 11247_1184615494568_1203671611_30522689_1034730_n.jpg (93KB - 8 downloads)
Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-19 12:51 PM (#53565 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

Would I need to buy a separate part like a bracket for the back rest to slide into? Or is it already part of the seat? Thanks!!
ruttrow
Posted 2010-02-19 1:32 PM (#53566 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

Illinois
As far as I know the passenger one just slides in the seat, it was part of the deal when I bought mine and the dealer only charged me for the back rest , if you read the fine print on the P/N I sent you for the driver back rest, it mentions that 2010 models need some sort of bracket, I did not see 2009's mentioned. I would ride it for a bit and see if the step in the seat is good enough for you. Hope that helps.
Mike
Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-19 10:07 PM (#53589 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

Thanks Mike. I got the definitive answer from bobbyg on thevog. The bracket is already installed on the seat. Just need to buy the back rest and slide it in to the hole provided. Coolz!!
poke69
Posted 2010-02-21 5:21 PM (#53683 - in reply to #53589)

Puddle Jumper

Sorry to switch the topic but I wondered how you guy's are liking the 09 Ness Vision. I am thinking about getting one. I wish it had a heated seat and not sure what I think about the purple graphics. It's not that I don't like it or I wouldn't even consider the bike but usually prefer other colors.
I like the fact that the 09 still has the full 4.7 inches of rear travel and love the blacked out components on the bike. Has anyone put a trunk on this bike? Seems like all the pictures I've seen have been with just a backrest?

Sorry if I'm rambling, just curious of any positives or negatives you may have encountered.
BTW, do you feel the windscreen is high enough.(I'm 5'8')
Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-21 9:57 PM (#53695 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

One of the main reasons why I pulled the trigger on the Ness is exclusiveness. The other reasons were that I wanted as much put on it right out of the box since I don't have a dealership, (talk about a leap of faith) and the color scheme was also what I wanted and liked. The bike has just the right amount of bling. I've been researching the Ness/Vision for about a year before I bought and it also did come down to $$$. They offered me a pretty good deal. I live in Hawaii so I really have no need for heated anything. The engine will do just fine. So, as I added up all the positives and counted just a few negatives, it was really a no brainer for me. #151 was meant to be mine.
I do have serious concerns with the ipod issues. I love my tunes so I pray it doesn't fry. The seat is much lower and may seem to be uncomfortable but then again I live in Hawaii so I really won't be sitting on it for more than an hour or two at any given time, bringing me back to why this bike will rock having it to cruise the island.
Cee Bailey is the way I'm going as far as windshields. They have a variety of heights and tints that will match any Vision.

Edited by Flyin Hawaiian 2010-02-21 10:10 PM
ruttrow
Posted 2010-02-22 8:35 AM (#53711 - in reply to #53683)

Cruiser

Illinois
poke69 - 2010-02-21 5:21 PM

Sorry to switch the topic but I wondered how you guy's are liking the 09 Ness Vision. I am thinking about getting one. I wish it had a heated seat and not sure what I think about the purple graphics. It's not that I don't like it or I wouldn't even consider the bike but usually prefer other colors.
I like the fact that the 09 still has the full 4.7 inches of rear travel and love the blacked out components on the bike. Has anyone put a trunk on this bike? Seems like all the pictures I've seen have been with just a backrest?

Sorry if I'm rambling, just curious of any positives or negatives you may have encountered.
BTW, do you feel the windscreen is high enough.(I'm 5'8')

At 5'7" I like the shield height, on a previous Vision, I had a Cee Baileys 2" under and also the Blade from Victory. I have never liked looking thru a shield. For me, I also like that the seat pushes you forward a bit and has nice back support. I would like the graphics more if they were painted on. There are pictures on another forum of one with a trunk on it, can't remember exactly where I seen it. Love the wheels and that everything is black. I also think I got a good deal on it. Good Luck.

Mike
poke69
Posted 2010-02-22 8:46 AM (#53713 - in reply to #53711)

Puddle Jumper

Thanks for the info guys. I'm really excited about getting a vision. I test rode one last year while I had my jackpot in for service and was blown away by the handling and comfort. I was a little apprehensive about the size, but it didn't take long to figure out that it actually handles alot better than my jackpot.
VisionTex
Posted 2010-02-22 12:07 PM (#53721 - in reply to #53713)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
poke69, don't know how much you need it new or to have a Ness, but this one sounds about what you want...really black!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=19037...
poke69
Posted 2010-02-22 5:18 PM (#53746 - in reply to #53721)

Puddle Jumper

How are the graphics applied? They don't feel raised do they? I know my jackpot tank feels smooth and have never really known whether the graphics were painted or applied in a different manner.

One more question about the seat, I like the idea of the higher back support and pushed forward a little. Do you notice a big difference between the stock seat and this seat in terms of longer haul comfort? I know it has an inch less of padding but not sure just how much that would change comfort if the seat ergos are different than the stock.

BTW, VisionTex thanks for the heads up on the bike. I am conflicted about used versus new bikes. I think the best deals may be on the used bikes with all things considered but like the fact that you know how a new bike is treated from day one.

Usually break in period with frequent maintenance issues are done already and alot of upgrades may already be in place. I just always worry that the bike has been flogged to death or that the maintenance may not be as stated.

What do you guys think?

There is a vision several hundred miles from here that is a demo with about 5000 miles. 2009 tour premium black. Has stage 1 level 2 pipes, reverse installed, highway pegs and trunk and sidebag organizers, lid mirror , trunk rack and was just serviced by the dealer that is listing it. It is listed at right around 19000. So should be able to get it for less than that. I figure if it was a demo it has probably been ridden really hard and may have never been broken in properly. But, damn it would be nice to have the reverse and the performance upgrades on someone elses dime. Any insight is appreciated.
Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-22 7:29 PM (#53754 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

Cash is KING. Flash the green and watch em' sing. If not....walk.
GravelFinder
Posted 2010-02-22 10:35 PM (#53791 - in reply to #53746)

Puddle Jumper

Bellevue, NE

I'm just not convinced you can hurt these Victory drivetrains, at least after 1999. My new Vision is a 3700 mile demo and knowing how I have ridden my previous Vics it was not even a concern. Hell, if they hold up to the abuse my adult son heaps on his Kingpin they are pretty close to indestructable.
Flyin Hawaiian
Posted 2010-02-23 12:19 PM (#53817 - in reply to #53535)

Cruiser

I've seen a similar fully loaded Tour Premium sell for $17,500.00 on ebay. I think that's a great deal if you offer that IMHO.
ruttrow
Posted 2010-02-23 4:18 PM (#53832 - in reply to #53746)

Cruiser

Illinois
poke69 - 2010-02-22 5:18 PM

How are the graphics applied? They don't feel raised do they? I know my jackpot tank feels smooth and have never really known whether the graphics were painted or applied in a different manner.

One more question about the seat, I like the idea of the higher back support and pushed forward a little. Do you notice a big difference between the stock seat and this seat in terms of longer haul comfort? I know it has an inch less of padding but not sure just how much that would change comfort if the seat ergos are different than the stock.

BTW, VisionTex thanks for the heads up on the bike. I am conflicted about used versus new bikes. I think the best deals may be on the used bikes with all things considered but like the fact that you know how a new bike is treated from day one.

Usually break in period with frequent maintenance issues are done already and alot of upgrades may already be in place. I just always worry that the bike has been flogged to death or that the maintenance may not be as stated.

What do you guys think?

There is a vision several hundred miles from here that is a demo with about 5000 miles. 2009 tour premium black. Has stage 1 level 2 pipes, reverse installed, highway pegs and trunk and sidebag organizers, lid mirror , trunk rack and was just serviced by the dealer that is listing it. It is listed at right around 19000. So should be able to get it for less than that. I figure if it was a demo it has probably been ridden really hard and may have never been broken in properly. But, damn it would be nice to have the reverse and the performance upgrades on someone elses dime. Any insight is appreciated.

Graphics are buried in clear coat. Can't answer the seat question, I picked it up late November and living ih the Chicago area I have not ridden it much. Mine was ridden by the dealer I bought it from, it had the 500 mile service done, and 900 miles when I bought it, had the Ness Filter, & Ness Honkers, I paid less than 20 and that also included the additional 4 year warranty on top of the 1 year included. Hope that helps.
Mike
DAL
Posted 2010-04-26 12:15 PM (#58408 - in reply to #53535)
Subject: RE: Ness Vision back rest

Cruiser

Vancouver, B.C. & La Quinta, CA

I also have a Ness.  I had Rich's Custom Saddles do my saddle and make me a driver's backrest which included identicle stitching to math the saddle, etc.  I run the stock Vision passenger backrest with custom stitching to match the saddle and am very pleased with the combination; looks great and is super comfortable for long rides.  Here is Rich's link:

http://www.richscustomseats.com/

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™