You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

A great Sunday ride,,,, the season is finally here
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

VaParadox
Posted 2010-03-08 8:05 AM (#54606)
Subject: A great Sunday ride,,,, the season is finally here

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Sunday about 6 of us met up after the church, lunch thing and went for a bike ride. Here in Virginia it was about 62 top end degrees sunny, and awesome. Two Visions, one jackpot, one Kingpin Tour, and one Cross Country skulls series. Our dealer ordered the skulls bike for himself and while for the last 6 months of looking at photos I said to myself "buddy, i love ya but thats one freakin goofy looking paint scheme"". Well I had to eat my words, that bike is awesome, and If I didnt have my Vision or wanted a second bike, that would be my choice.
We met at his dealership and headed off southwest around Lake Chesdin, the twisties, and all the winter potholes made the course interesting. About 2 hours later we stopped for a pee break
(old country store behind the dumpster), chatted for about 30 minutes and stretched our legs.
We got back onboard and all headed out. About 45 minutes into phase 2 of the ride, the first of us
made a green light turn but the second half got the red. We got separated at the same time
4 Harley riders were coming down the street, so it was Cross Country, HD, HD, HD, ugly pea green HD, Vision, Vision in the lineup.. we had lost the other bikes. We all rode for about 30 more miles and the HD''s turned off into a trailor park and disappeared NO, they never waived ha ha ha. We went about 5 more miles and stopped at a parking lot to let the others catch up
(which never happened). We headed back to the dealership then each to their home. It was
an awesome ride for the first of the year. Just thought Id share it since I know several more of you guys probably did the same thing this weekend. How was your ride?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2010-03-08 12:20 PM (#54623 - in reply to #54606)
Subject: RE: A great Sunday ride,,,, the season is finally here

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Just finished up the ride to Daytona and back, 2500 miles. Cold most of the time, 26 degrees Saturday morning just north of Tallahasse. Daytona was interesting, wet T shirt contest at 49 degrees with wind blowing 20 mph...made me feel cold, but I watched.
kenhiggins
Posted 2010-03-08 1:36 PM (#54627 - in reply to #54606)
Subject: Re: A great Sunday ride,,,, the season is finally here

Cruiser

Montreal, QC Canada
Bill.......................You're killing me!!!!!!!
SongFan
Posted 2010-03-08 1:56 PM (#54633 - in reply to #54606)

Visionary

Memphis
No one could tell why VisionTex had that grin on his face.  Was it wet t-shirts or the new Lloydz installed cams between his legs!?
dnlbest
Posted 2010-03-08 5:24 PM (#54659 - in reply to #54606)

Puddle Jumper

Warrenton, VA
VaParadox - 2010-03-08 9:05 AM

Just thought Id share it since I know several more of you guys probably did the same thing this weekend. How was your ride?

VaParadox,

You are right and I thought I was the only one to have an original idea and take a ride on Sunday I am in Warrenton VA, just north of you and I decided to take a ride to Lynchburg via route 29. It was a great ride!! I wanted to start taking my Vision Premium on longer rides prepping for my ride to Bikes, Blues and BBQ Rally in AR Sept 29th-02 Oct. I put about 500 miles on my bike between Saturday and my ride to Lynchburg on Sunday. It was about 63-64 degrees
VaParadox
Posted 2010-03-08 7:13 PM (#54662 - in reply to #54606)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
DNLbest
Are you planning to go with the Victory group to the Outter Banks Bike weekend in April? That would be a great ride for you and also a chance to meet several hundred Victory owners.
wjoel
Posted 2010-03-08 7:33 PM (#54669 - in reply to #54606)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
Had a nice ride on Sun. as well, here in NE Penna. Temps. in the 50's with all day sunshine!
dnlbest
Posted 2010-03-09 6:54 AM (#54697 - in reply to #54662)

Puddle Jumper

Warrenton, VA
What weekend in April?
salty
Posted 2010-03-10 1:43 PM (#54784 - in reply to #54606)

Cruiser

Cold lake Alberta
HAd my first rides sat and sun way up north here in Cold lake Alberta!

Aesome machine this 09 Vision TP Love it, awesome power and handling, great stereo and the S1LI is just right for my ears and momma's

but...a cam party is in the books for me whenever one gets close enough to the Alberta US border!
Putter
Posted 2010-03-11 9:42 AM (#54829 - in reply to #54606)

Puddle Jumper

Indiana
Finally having decent riding weather in Indiana. It's been a long winter and its good to get back on the bike. Sometimes wish I lived back down south. Then I think of the late summer heat and humidity compared to the pleasant condition here and I think I'll stay where I am.

Greetings to all.
Biscuit
Posted 2010-03-12 7:37 PM (#54923 - in reply to #54697)

Cruiser

Midlothian, Va.
dnlbest - 2010-03-09 7:54 AM

What weekend in April?
4/18-4/25 http://www.harleybay.com/custompage.asp?pg=bikeweek
Biscuit
Posted 2010-03-12 8:29 PM (#54925 - in reply to #54662)

Cruiser

Midlothian, Va.
VaParadox - 2010-03-08 8:13 PM

DNLbest
Are you planning to go with the Victory group to the Outter Banks Bike weekend in April? That would be a great ride for you and also a chance to meet several hundred Victory owners.
I'll be there on a brand new Vision Tour Premium that I bought Monday after talking to the owner of the Vision Street at Catlin's. Flying down to Myrtle Beach on the 23rd to pick it up. I just sold my VTX that morning!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™