You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Where are you riding this spring 2010?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

radioteacher
Posted 2010-03-26 10:38 PM (#55692)
Subject: Where are you riding this spring 2010?

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Please post something on your favorite springtime rides.

Today the weather was perfect in South Texas and I had a blast! Bright and sunny this morning low was 42' and the high was 72'. I knew that the Victory "Fuel IT" truck was going to be in town today so I took a vacation day from work.

After I make four demo runs we take a ride to the Guadalupe River. Lonestarmedic on his '86 Venture Royal, his cousin on a Blue 2009 Ultra and I took a trip from Kent Powersports to Gruene, TX to have some refreshments at Bubba Big Deck.
http://www.bubbasbigdeck.com/

Bubba Big Deck is an open air bar right next to the Guadalupe River. All I am saying is that, "Bikinis are in season and can be quite a distraction when you want to talk motorcycles". Since it was now Friday rush hour Lonestarmedic's cousin led us through the "back roads" back to Selma.

Air Force Attack
On the last leg of the trip while riding down Evans road it looked like the Air Force was out to get some bad guy in the area. First I see two fast moving fighters flying to the North in formation, then a type of cargo aircraft that I am not sure of followed by an air to air refueling tanker with the boom extended both headed Northwest. Next two F-18's are taking off and they are dipping their wings left and right repeatedly. As I say good bye to my fellow riders and head for my next stop, four fighters in formation are headed west.

I guess the Air Force pilots were showing off because the Vision pilots were in town.

Ride Safe

Edited by radioteacher 2010-03-26 10:39 PM

(TexasSpringVisionsm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments TexasSpringVisionsm.jpg (75KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
radioteacher
Posted 2010-03-26 11:12 PM (#55693 - in reply to #55692)
Subject: Re: Where are you riding this spring 2010?

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
For a review of the six Victory models I rode check this link.

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5593
paulhu
Posted 2010-03-27 1:33 AM (#55696 - in reply to #55692)
Subject: RE: Where are you riding this spring 2010?

Cruiser

Durango, Colorado

Hey Teach,

Just returned from Prescott (Ariz. cam party) Monday and had a hoot riding the area. I live in S.W. Colorado so we trailered down and back. The ride from Prescott through Jerome, Cottonwood and up to Flag via Mormon lake was stimulating, Lots of twisties and hours of sweepers through ponderosa forest. Elevations varied from 3500ft - 8500ft. Deep snow on the ground up there and ambient temps. around 42. Lots of bright sunshine and good road conditions though. Left flag and returned through Sedona (beautiful town, very busy with tourists, took 30min. to find a parking space). The last leg took us back through Cottonwood and Jerome to Prescott. Total riding time 6.5hrs. That was friday. Saturday was cam day (Yippeee). Sunday we headed north to I40 and picked up old Route 66 to ride through Peach Springs to Kingman (coldest beer so far). My buddie spotted a big sign for Grand Canyon Cavern, sooo we took the tour (don't bother). Kingman back to Prescott via I40. Riding time 7hrs. and really nice weather, 75deg.

Planning a run to Monument Valley end of May if the ides have waned by then. Been through "the" valley before but always dreamed of going minimal (couple bottles of water, spirits, cans of dinty moore and a bedroll) and sleeping under the stars for a couple of nights. If that won't cure ya' nothing will! Hope I don't forget to pack the can opener...

Salud, Paul

OldGringo
Posted 2010-03-27 3:44 PM (#55720 - in reply to #55692)

Cruiser

Republic of Tejas
Will be making the run from Houston to Big Bend April 23. Can't wait to get the heck outta Dodge!

Edited by OldGringo 2010-03-27 3:46 PM
Kornbread
Posted 2010-03-27 4:10 PM (#55722 - in reply to #55692)

Cruiser

Okeefenokee Swamp
I have not really picked a destination,just a direction. i plann to head north west from the south eastern corner of Georgia in a couple of weeks. Just a week or so on the road to clear my head.
Joker
Posted 2010-03-27 5:34 PM (#55729 - in reply to #55692)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
I leave April 9th for Key West!!!!!! I am supposed to stop in Gainesville Fl and meet up with Gatorx on the way down and get some cams installed. I will need to make sure I am wearing red and black so I don't have an allergic reaction to all the Florida Gator crap I am sure to encounter...GO Dawgs....I did about have a heart attack today as I was able to get out for a 50 mile ride and when I park Vicky in the garage I smelled gas but just thought that it was venting as I filled up right before I parked her. But the smell got worse and when I looked at the bottom of the engine gas was running out about 1.5 hours after she had been parked. I called my mechanic and he said I had a gas cap problem and to calm down...My response was damn the Vision is acting like a Harley and marking its territory but my mechanic said no Harley's mark it with oil and this was just gas. Life is good...
varyder
Posted 2010-03-27 6:11 PM (#55734 - in reply to #55692)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I'm not sure how much "leisure" riding I'll have, but over the next few months I expect to be to Atlanta a few times and hopefully at least one ride to Barstow, woo hoo. I've always wanted to ride the Great Divide.....and stand on the corner in Winslow, AZ.
mkultra
Posted 2010-03-27 8:02 PM (#55747 - in reply to #55692)

Tourer

Tucson, AZ
I pretty much ride the State of Arizona year round...so, 1st of June headed to Yellowstone and anywhere in between. Love Utah, love Colorado, not too hot on S.E. Wyoming but N.W. is phenominal...

mike
Teach
Posted 2010-03-27 8:21 PM (#55750 - in reply to #55692)

Visionary

I never plan rides less than 500 miles. Just point and go. Figure those sorts of rides are the kind that it doesn't matter if you get to a destination. They are all about the ride and roads. Day rides are normally to SWPA, Niagara Falls area NY, or over into NE Ohio.
Now I do have a trip planned to Yellowstone June 19th until mid July. Cabins booked for a week there and we'll wing it on hotels coming and going. Have a tent we'll pack in the trailer just in case, lol...
RedRider
Posted 2010-03-28 3:10 AM (#55775 - in reply to #55692)

Visionary

Off to the 70th year of Sturgis.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-03-28 7:09 AM (#55786 - in reply to #55692)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Just started a new job so vacation time is nil. Looks like my riding will be just commuting.
Kioti
Posted 2010-03-28 11:49 AM (#55823 - in reply to #55692)

Cruiser

Lennox, SD
We are headed for Cortez, CO in June through Nebraska, Wyoming and Utah, 2 weeks of riding.
Can't wait! Is it June yet?
ByteN2it
Posted 2010-03-28 6:49 PM (#55866 - in reply to #55692)

Tourer

Beer Collins, Colorado (there is no fort)
I have a Summer trip to Seattle planned in July-until then I just keep ridin' around the back yard like I did today
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/BRIANnCOLO/2009%20Victory%20V...
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/BRIANnCOLO/2009%20Victory%20V...
Tazmo
Posted 2010-03-28 8:22 PM (#55879 - in reply to #55692)

Puddle Jumper

knoxville, iowa
The last week of June I am headed to Salt Lake City to see my new grandson and then on to Sacremento and then to the Redwoods for a pic of the vic sitting in a tree. Then up the coast to Astoria, Oregon. Then I am going to follow the Columbia river to Pendleton. Next stop is to see a friend in Pocatello. Idahoe. Next stop is back in Utah to play with the grandkids for a few days then back to Iowa. Thirteen days of bliss on the big vic.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™