You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Custom Exhaust tips
Jump to page : < ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Now viewing page 16 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2012-05-26 8:51 AM (#115238 - in reply to #55748)
Subject: Re: Custom Exhaust tips

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
It's sad that one vendor has to cut down another vendor publicly thinking they are saving the world from the other guy. If your product is worth anything people will pay the price and the people will speak for you. I stand to question any vendor that has to defend themselves in this manner.

Edited by varyder 2012-05-26 8:52 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mattchristiani
Posted 2012-05-26 8:57 AM (#115242 - in reply to #115238)

Cruiser

Cedar, Michigan
varyder - 2012-05-26 9:51 AM

It's sad that one vendor has to cut down another vendor publicly thinking they are saving the world from the other guy. If your product is worth anything people will pay the price and the people will speak for you. I stand to question any vendor that has to defend themselves in this manner.

It's a new thing in this country called "freedom of speech". It's here to stay, so get used to it.
varyder
Posted 2012-05-26 9:10 AM (#115243 - in reply to #115242)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Mattchristiani - 2012-05-26 9:57 AM It's a new thing in this country called "freedom of speech". It's here to stay, so get used to it.

Really now?  Thanks for the lesson.

CycleOps USA
Posted 2012-05-26 9:13 AM (#115244 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

N. Miami, Florida
Kris, my margins are no different than anyone else in the industry. The difference is primarily in the cost of my prep of the parts to get ready for chroming, and then for sure the cost of the chromer I use. I don't use the big high volume houses like Browns that so many use because my parts aren't mass produced therefore I don't use mass production chrome facilities. I use a small local shop that does amazing work, but he's not cheap, but I, and my customers get what they pay for. To have virtually a zero return/complaint record on chrome in 5 years is all but unheard of in this industry. Instead of getting calls and emails complaining about things I get customers contact me voluntarily to voice their happiness and to say how above average the chrome is. That is priceless to me, knowing someone will take the time to come to me with their satisfaction.
VA, defending one's self from such slanderous misinformation is nothing to hold against a vendor, however when one vendor starts an attack in a public place like this out of nowhere with the sole purpose to discredit the others products and undermine them, this then I agree with you.

As the last thing I?ll say on this matter, I don't make excuses for my pricing, I explain it so those interested in my products understand the ?why? when someone who doesn?t want to pay our prices tries to make us look like we?re gouging when in fact we are only filling a niche. Now keep in mind, not only do I give all members here and elsewhere a 10% every day discount, but even further like right now with our 15% off Memorial Day Sale our racks are only $424.15, well below the crappy OEM Kuryakyn Taiwan racks that can't hold a candle to ours. Even at the normal 10% off, our racks are still a better value not to mention are made here in the USA by US workers.

I have said it many times before and I?ll say it once again? I don?t look to be known as the biggest Victory parts maker, I look only to be known as having the best finished parts that are unique and function as well as they look because my pride in what I bring to market is more important than filling my pockets.

I?m sure many here who have done business with me will chime in here with their perspective on this, so I?m done here and will leave it to them if they choose to add anything to this.
kris1956
Posted 2012-05-26 9:22 AM (#115245 - in reply to #115244)

Iron Butt

Will, as I said earlier,you're free to run your business any way your feel is right. Although I listen to people from time to time concerning my business, in the end it's my decision. I might not always agree with you but I'll surely defend you right to do as you please. You're the one paying the bills.
varyder
Posted 2012-05-26 9:22 AM (#115246 - in reply to #55748)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Will - my point is the initiation of an attack, so I think we agree. I've not bought anything from you, yet. If I hadn't already dropped a few dimes for two junky, yet functional, Victory trunk racks, I would have had the winged-V racks from CycleOps. It's just a thing of mine that if a vendor makes a product that speaks for itself, that vendor can remain silent when others try to undermine them with words when those who are part of the market-share say them. I've seen this time and time again with local mom and pop places and usually the nay-sayers eventually become the losers while those who are spoken ill of remain strong and silent. Sure we live in a land that worships freedom of speech, but sometimes the loudest and strongest thing said is nothing at all.

Edited by varyder 2012-05-26 9:22 AM
TerryW
Posted 2012-05-26 10:23 AM (#115248 - in reply to #55748)

Puddle Jumper

Lynnwood, WA United States
Well said, Chris!
Cometman
Posted 2012-05-26 11:43 AM (#115251 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
I have bought products from both Travelin Man and Cycle Ops. Never have I felt like I was overpaying- if I did I would not have bought the items. Both offer excellant quality products, but I feel that Will offers one thing that is really lacking with a few of the vendors here, that is excellent customer service. His communication and responsiveness to questions is unmatched- in my experience.

I also feel lucky to be one of the few that have gotten those awesome jet tips, but there are more out there that are apparently ready to buy them. This thread is for THOSE exhaust tips, let's keep it that way.

Tim
radioteacher
Posted 2012-05-27 6:53 AM (#115278 - in reply to #115251)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
Cometman - 2012-05-26 11:43 AM

I have bought products from both Travelin Man and Cycle Ops. Never have I felt like I was overpaying- if I did I would not have bought the items. Both offer excellant quality products, but I feel that Will offers one thing that is really lacking with a few of the vendors here, that is excellent customer service. His communication and responsiveness to questions is unmatched- in my experience.

I also feel lucky to be one of the few that have gotten those awesome jet tips, but there are more out there that are apparently ready to buy them. This thread is for THOSE exhaust tips, let's keep it that way.

Tim

Well said! Long live those that support the Victory brand with accessories!!

Ride Safe
chesshiretuna
Posted 2012-05-27 11:44 AM (#115284 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

I make parts that I chose to distribute through an already existing seller. The first product I made was an extender for the kick stands on the early vision models. I received many "That's fugly ,I would never put that cr-p on my bike" comments. They are still selling and there have been over 200 produced in my shop. There will always be people willing to give you their advice and comments and they for the most part worth what you pay for them.....lol Sometimes the pride in your product you produce is all you need to continue.
rwilly
Posted 2012-05-29 11:39 PM (#115489 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

seattle, wa
I would like to purchase a set from TravelinMan when they become available.
lwrat@cox.net
Posted 2012-07-13 8:01 AM (#119364 - in reply to #55748)
Subject: RE: Custom Exhaust tips

New user

I'm new to this forum and would like to know how contact and purchase items listed by other forum member especially the custom jet exhaust tips. I own a 2011 XR an these tip are just what I'm looking for. After 26years in the United States Air Force as a Jet mechanic these tip will be a little part of my Air Force history.
Travelin Man
Posted 2012-07-13 9:25 PM (#119429 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Okay everyone, material is ordered for the second production run which will consist of 22 or 23 sets. I expect machining to begin by the 23rd or 24th of July and it should take about 4 working days to get all the machining done, then the bases will go off for chrome plating and the center bullets will be sent out for flat black hard coat anadizing (the same finish used on AR-15 rifles). I've been told that chrome plating will take between 4 to 5 weeks and anodizing 2 to 3 weeks. So, if all goes according to plan I should be able to start shipping by the second week in September, keep your fingers crossed because the last time the hold up was in the plating. As of today I have received messages from 12 people asking to be put on the list so that leaves 10 or 11 sets that haven't been spoken for. I'm still waiting for a quote on plating an anodizing but I'm hoping I can keep the price right around $350 per set .

For those of you who have sets from the first run last year it has come to my attention that there is a possibility of the center bullets coming loose and falling off as the loctite tape failed. Please check to make sure your bullets are still tight and if you find they have loosened then remove them and re-install using either red loctite or what I have found works great is the blue loctite that comes in a pen format that is like a paste, I put enough on the stud before install the stud so that it has a fillet of loctite where the stud goes into the bullet, then I add more loctite paste on the end of the stud before screwing the bullet into the base.
rwilly
Posted 2012-07-13 9:53 PM (#119430 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Fingers crossed.
Thanks, Tavelin Man!
texasgrumpy
Posted 2012-07-13 10:52 PM (#119433 - in reply to #119364)
Subject: RE: Custom Exhaust tips

Cruiser

lwrat@cox.net - 2012-07-13 8:01 AM

I'm new to this forum and would like to know how contact and purchase items listed by other forum member especially the custom jet exhaust tips. I own a 2011 XR an these tip are just what I'm looking for. After 26years in the United States Air Force as a Jet mechanic these tip will be a little part of my Air Force history.

You can have my place in line and thank you for your service !!
jahelectra_glide
Posted 2012-07-23 9:21 PM (#120067 - in reply to #119429)

New user

I'mstill in line and ready as soon as they are available. Pleasekeepmeon the list.I'll take a set.
steveyacht
Posted 2012-07-30 1:26 PM (#120488 - in reply to #55748)

New user

Will these tips work on other Victory models also? Specifically the Cross bikes?
Travelin Man
Posted 2012-07-30 9:16 PM (#120542 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Yes, they have the (4) mounting holes needed to mount to the Cross bikes stock mufflers, or and muffler that will accept the stock or big mount tips.
GTwo
Posted 2012-08-11 9:51 AM (#121315 - in reply to #119429)

Puddle Jumper

I am interested a set. Please let me know how to purchase.
GTwo
Posted 2012-08-21 9:46 PM (#121921 - in reply to #121315)

Puddle Jumper

It is like crickets around here...anyone? Anyone?
Travelin Man
Posted 2012-09-06 5:01 PM (#123094 - in reply to #121921)

Iron Butt

I agree, the crickets have been loud lately!

*****NOW FOR AN IMPORTANT UPDATE*****

The second production run of the Jet or Turbine exhaust tips is underway!

The material was delivered last Friday before the holiday weekend and machining started today. I expect the machining work to be done by the end of next week and then they will packaged and shipped out for plating and anodizing. I am entirely at the mercy of the plating company which can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months like the last time but their chrome finish is worth the wait. The center bullets will be hardcoat anodized in black this time as they get black from the exhaust soot anyway and the anodizing will prevent corrosion (yes, even aluminum will corrode), delivery time on the anodizing was quoted as 2 to 3 weeks but I'm not holding my breath.

I have about 13 sets now spoken for leaving 7 left, if you haven't sent me either a PM or an email (mrwizardsbilletcreations@comcast.net) then you need to do so very soon if you want a set.

Richard
Mr. Wizard
rwilly
Posted 2012-09-06 6:17 PM (#123098 - in reply to #55748)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Great news!

Thanks for the update.
GTwo
Posted 2012-09-16 12:46 PM (#123694 - in reply to #55748)

Puddle Jumper

Standing by...
crash-bar
Posted 2012-10-18 3:35 PM (#125398 - in reply to #123694)

Cruiser

hey travelin man any up date on the tips yet just wondering. you know how we all get with a new toy for the bike.
Travelin Man
Posted 2012-10-18 9:29 PM (#125404 - in reply to #55748)

Iron Butt

Okay, here is the latest. The CNC machining (turning and milling) was delayed to a couple of emergency orders for tooling by L-P for their Newberry, MI and Golden, BC plants that needed to get done first. Sorry guys but my primary business of manufacturing cutting tools takes precedence as that is my livelihood and keep food on the table and gas in my Vision.

That said, the CNC machining was started this week and WILL be done either tomorrow afternoon or early Saturday. Either way the bases and bullets will be shipping out to chrome and anodizing on Monday. I will give another update once both plating companies give me a good delivery date.
Jump to page : < ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >
Now viewing page 16 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™