You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

New Victory Owner
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

DBVictor
Posted 2010-03-30 7:16 PM (#56105)
Subject: New Victory Owner

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
Just wanted to introduce myself. I will be picking up my new Midnight Cherry CC on Thursday. The weather here in Pa. is going to be beautiful all weekend, and I am looking forward to racking up some miles right away. I don't usually post alot, will probably have some questions, and will chip in an answer whenever I can.
Thanks for having me,
DB
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Kioti
Posted 2010-03-30 7:20 PM (#56106 - in reply to #56105)
Subject: Re: New Victory Owner

Cruiser

Lennox, SD
Welcome from the flatlands of South Dakota
wjoel
Posted 2010-03-30 7:21 PM (#56107 - in reply to #56105)
Subject: RE: New Victory Owner

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
What part of Penna. are you from ?
Joker
Posted 2010-03-30 7:25 PM (#56109 - in reply to #56105)

Cruiser

Buford, GA United States
Rider Magazine just did a comparison in their May issue of the CC with a Harley Street Glide and once you read it you will realize even more what a great bike you just got!!! And yes Vapox you have missed another month... Congrats...
varyder
Posted 2010-03-30 9:37 PM (#56138 - in reply to #56105)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
congrats on the Vic. I'm my first Vic and Vic will be my last bike... yeah, it's that good...
DBVictor
Posted 2010-03-31 4:32 PM (#56204 - in reply to #56106)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania

Kioti, I will be checking out some of South Dakota this summer. Me and my HD Street Glide riding buds are riding to Spearfish the first week of August. One guy owns a pizza shop here and always closes it that week because his business is always low that week due to local fairs starting that week. Really looking forward to seeing that part of the country.

DB

DBVictor
Posted 2010-03-31 4:36 PM (#56205 - in reply to #56107)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania

wjoel,

I live in the center of the state in Mifflin County. Bought my CC at Best Line in State College. Where in the northeast part of the state are you ?

DBVictor
Posted 2010-03-31 4:43 PM (#56208 - in reply to #56109)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania

Joker,

The 5 guys I ride with all have HD Street Glides, they couldn't imagine why I wasn't buying one. I told them that the Street Glide is a great bike, but I just am not much of a follower, have always gone a different path. I have owned various older standard motorcycles, a Suzuki Marauder, then a Yamaha Roadstar, then a Honda Valkyrie Rune which I still miss, then a Yamaha Royal Star Venture which I didn't like at all. Hoping that the CC will be the one.

Regards,

DB

hoosiervic
Posted 2010-03-31 5:05 PM (#56210 - in reply to #56208)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN
DBV, welcome to the victory family! I'm in the same boat as you, two weeks with a 2010 vision and can't ride enough to get tired. I'm in central Indiana and it's 76 outside right now and warmer for the next three days. As far as following the crowd, none of my friends really get the vision thing but they all want to hang around the bike and ask lots of questions, they won't leave me alone! Its just disgusting! ;-) It's all in fun.

My neighbor just brought home a 2010 Ultra and when I stopped over today to show him mine the first thing he said was "I should have looked into the Victories" He was really impressed with the vision.

Enjoy and ride safe!
DBVictor
Posted 2010-03-31 7:41 PM (#56223 - in reply to #56138)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
VARyder, yeah I'm hoping for the same feeling when I pick mine up tomorrow.
Regards,
DB
DBVictor
Posted 2010-03-31 7:44 PM (#56225 - in reply to #56210)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
Hey HoosierVic,
My dealer had a left over Vision Street with gps and heated grips. I think it was a good deal on it, but the only disappointment for me is the size of the bags. A great motorcycle, I'm hoping for larger bags in the future and I think there will be one in my garage.
Kioti
Posted 2010-03-31 7:45 PM (#56226 - in reply to #56204)

Cruiser

Lennox, SD
DBVictor - 2010-03-31 4:32 PM

? Kioti, I will be checking out some of South Dakota this summer. Me and my HD Street Glide riding buds are riding to Spearfish the first week of August. One guy owns a pizza shop here and always closes it that week because his business is always low that week due to local fairs starting that week. Really looking forward to seeing that part of the country.

? DB

Let me know when you are passing thru the eastern part of the state I may try to join you for a ride on part of your trip. I'm south of I-90 about 20 miles and SW of Sioux Falls, 5 miles off I-29.

If we get together I can give you a map of some great little known rides to do.
wjoel
Posted 2010-03-31 7:59 PM (#56227 - in reply to #56105)

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
DBV, I live right outside of WB/Scranton.
VaParadox
Posted 2010-03-31 9:00 PM (#56251 - in reply to #56105)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
I missed another month of what???????????????????????????????
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-03-31 9:18 PM (#56255 - in reply to #56225)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN
DBVictor - 2010-03-31 7:44 PM

Hey HoosierVic,
My dealer had a left over Vision Street with gps and heated grips. I think it was a good deal on it, but the only disappointment for me is the size of the bags. A great motorcycle, I'm hoping for larger bags in the future and I think there will be one in my garage.

I understand what you're saying. I felt it was a compromise I could make. I have been riding bikes with frame mounted fairings for so long that I decided I could live with a little less storage in exchange for the frame mounted design. BTW a couple days after we brought the bike home the wife and I did a little test by packing for a five day trip and loading the bike. Everything we felt we needed for the trip fit in the bags with no problem. And we still had room for a top side bag on the luggage rack.

Hey if you hadn't heard there is talk that Victory is in the design process for a rear trunk option to ad to the cross country.

Have fun breaking her in!
Breaker
Posted 2010-03-31 10:09 PM (#56262 - in reply to #56105)

Iron Butt

Western WA
Congrats DBVictor! Ride safe and have fun.
fedor
Posted 2010-04-01 12:09 AM (#56264 - in reply to #56105)

Puddle Jumper

Parryville, PA
Welcome from NE Pa and congrates on the new bike.
alanrdking
Posted 2010-04-01 5:05 AM (#56267 - in reply to #56105)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
Welcome DB,I bought my CC in Dec,09 to get the sales tax rebate,just made it took delivery on the 29th.In Feb,2010 I got a new knee for my 59th birthday so I only have 300 miles on it,I sold a 07 H-D StreetGlide in dec 08 i put 7000 miles on it.I can tell you this roads that i would avoid on the H-D because they were in disrepair I travel now because the CC has useable suspension!I have had Harleys for the last 20 or so years I got tired of waiting for them to get thier shit together.I still have a Flstc that i'll keep to screw around with but to really ride I now have the CC,I have a place in Mexico,Pa not to far from State College we should try and get together for a ride.Has anybody changed thier exhaust yet?If so to what?
DBVictor
Posted 2010-04-01 6:16 AM (#56271 - in reply to #56226)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
Kioti, That would be great, we will be heading right by you.
DB
DBVictor
Posted 2010-04-01 6:22 AM (#56273 - in reply to #56267)

Puddle Jumper

Central Pennsylvania
alan, I know exactly where Mexico is, I have several friends from Port Royal and Mifflintown. When I pick mine up tonight, it will have the Stage 1 kit installed. How is the knee feeling, maybe we can meet up this weekend while I am getting used to my new one and you are getting reaquainted with yours.
DB
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™