You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Indian and Victory
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

rwilly
Posted 2010-04-07 9:13 PM (#56919 - in reply to #56321)
Subject: Re: Indian and Victory

Tourer

seattle, wa
I guess it'll help keep the rain outta the saddlebags?
Flying nun HA!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-04-08 5:02 AM (#56947 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
This really has become a typical wing or HD forum. I share the similarities of the newest rendition of the Indian having commonality with Victory and let the bashing begin.

It was refreshing to talk with the Indian dealer owner about our passion of riding motorcycles and there was not one opportunity to bash another or put another one's product down for being innovative or at least trying.

I get it all day long how funny looking Victory is and one day they'll make it.

But I find that a lot who ride Victory no matter how much you think you're different, your still the same as the rest.

Ride On! Ride Safe!
kevinx
Posted 2010-04-08 6:13 AM (#56952 - in reply to #56947)

Visionary

Gainesville Fl Home of the Gators
varyder - 2010-04-08 6:02 AM

This really has become a typical wing or HD forum. I share the similarities of the newest rendition of the Indian having commonality with Victory and let the bashing begin.

!

The only similarity between a Vic, and Indian is that they are both young companies, and are V Twins. It ends there. The architecture, and construction of the engines, drive-trains and motorcycles are completely different.
As far as bashing goes. Other then a few comments about Gilroy. Not a lot of negative stuff has been said
varyder
Posted 2010-04-08 8:24 AM (#56960 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
so aluminum housing and nickel sleeve is not the composite of a Freedom motor?
rwilly
Posted 2010-04-08 6:01 PM (#56999 - in reply to #56321)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Let Indian die already. They are just trying to make money on a memory ( a memory that most aren't even old enough to remember). It's like if Ford started to build the 72 Torino again, it just cheapens the original. Cobra replicas, Porsche speedster replicas, etc. maybe they are better quality but the will always be nothing more than a wannabe. Thats why I like Victory so much, they are movin forward, they aren't trying to be somebody else. ( maybe the cross bikes)
varyder
Posted 2010-04-08 6:47 PM (#57000 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
and they are selling that memory around the world. Like the dealer told me nostalga is a hot commodity right now.
kevinx
Posted 2010-04-08 7:40 PM (#57012 - in reply to #56960)

Visionary

varyder - 2010-04-08 9:24 AM

so aluminum housing and nickel sleeve is not the composite of a Freedom motor?

Well pretty much EVERY motorcycle engine in the world is made out of aluminum, and The Victory motor has NO SLEEVE at all. So yes in a motor made if hundreds of parts. There are 2 parts similarly conceived. Along with the Star bikes from Yamaha, and a whole slew of sport bikes. Not to pick nits, but the assertion is like saying a Yugo is like a Corvette; because they both use rubber tires
That said I still think the Indian is a cool bike, and I hope they make it.

Edited by kevinx 2010-04-08 7:53 PM
varyder
Posted 2010-04-08 7:59 PM (#57015 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
according to the original discussion last week there is no iron sleeve in the new 105z rather nickel. According to my Vic tech two years ago he said the same exact thing about the Freedom motor, it has a nickel sleeve. Accorring to the Indian website the current engine development guy came from Polaris with his experience in Victory. I just think that is cool that both my favorites has a hint of direct commonality. Curious enough, the new Indian has a low seat height and a low center of gravity. Being a big honkin' cruiser it was easy off the kick and fit my butt as good as the Vision with a comfortable pull back. The seat was real leather as all premium motorcycles should be IMHO so it was harder than the Vision. The floorboards were placed comfortable for me, but the heel shifter has to go and were not as big. If I had the $s I would have gone back to get the Vision. I'm just saying my Vision would be my everyday roller, the Bomber would be my dress to impress.

I am curious why my tech of two years ago would say the freedom motor has nickel liners if it don't. What does the freedom use?

Edited by varyder 2010-04-08 8:04 PM
kevinx
Posted 2010-04-08 8:13 PM (#57019 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Again I love the look of the Indians. There is no need to justify the fact that you like them with this one tiny spec of semblance between the two motors. Just to be sure you have it right though read the next line.
These motors have no sleeve at all. They are bored, honed, and nikasil[nickle-alloy-silicone] plated. This plating is incredibly hard, and it is also has a very low friction coefficient. Anybody that has told you either of these motors have any type of sleeve at all; is giving you bad information. I have a half dozen Vic cyls in my garage right now, and would gladly send you one for informational purposes
varyder
Posted 2010-04-08 8:15 PM (#57020 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
got it, I think it's symantics on may part, but that clears it up. Thanks Kevin.

Edited by varyder 2010-04-08 8:16 PM
kevinx
Posted 2010-04-08 8:19 PM (#57021 - in reply to #57020)

Visionary

varyder - 2010-04-08 9:15 PM

got it, I think it's symantics on may part, but that clears it up. Thanks Kevin.

SSSSHHHHEEEWWWWWWWW....*LOL* You were wearing me out
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-08 8:32 PM (#57024 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Now Kevin... be kewl. None of this matters. My 1980 750cc Yamaha Virago V2 would beat the crap out of either of these bikes in performance.
It's all about how you feel - NOT statistics, materials, tricks.
I would buy a Harley something-or-other, or an Indian as a second bike if I had the $$$ and wanted to impress nobody. But I like to RIDE ! FAR !
And nothing beats a KevinXinated Vision
kevinx
Posted 2010-04-08 8:45 PM (#57025 - in reply to #57024)

Visionary

Don,
I think I can make this a little more clear. If I had lotto money; one of these would damn sure be in my fleet
kevinx
Posted 2010-04-08 8:45 PM (#57026 - in reply to #57024)

Visionary

Don,
I think I can make this a little more clear. If I had lotto money; one of these would damn sure be in my fleet

(fighter_640x426.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fighter_640x426.jpg (44KB - 0 downloads)
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-08 11:48 PM (#57038 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
I'd go with the Mustang - It's a hell of a lot more modern than that 1912 thing....
Why is it some people think bikes should look like antiques, but we wouldn't put up with that crap when we buy a car????
Oh, yeah - RETRO. Well, I for one remember what pieces of crap the old bikes - and old cars were. And want NO part of that.
I was sold on the Vision BECAUSE it was the first design of a bike that seemed to be what bikes SHOULD look like after a 100 years....
varyder
Posted 2010-04-09 6:48 AM (#57050 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Don, I'm with you, the Vision is going no where, wait, it is going somewhere, with me on it...lOl. Even the Indian dealer told me I was on the right bike for the riding I do and how I do it. The Indian is NOT that bike. And yes, RETRO is selling, and if there is a buck to be made, someone will make it. I really admire Indian this go around because they are keeping the memory of what I have always liked. Even for Harley that is what they are selling and their marketing strategy keeps that alive. Truth be told, we would not have a Victory, much less our prized Vision had it not been for Indian, Harley, Euro and *gasp* Japanese bikes that have kept the blood flowing.
pollolittle
Posted 2010-04-09 8:31 AM (#57059 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Ok, I tooo have to finally chime in. When I bought I was told that the Freedom motor is bullet proof. I didn't see any bullets going through any of them, but Kevinx seems to have more than his fair share of Vic Cylinders lying around. Why is that??

Lotto Money, I would probably have one of each I could think of and then one more just to ride around. My own little museum piece, but I would ride them all. Don't see the reason if I can't ride it.

Anybody ride the Sucker Punch Sally bikes? It seems they are way OLD School, like DON! I got to thinking about it, seems they are the one hour bike and then get off and show it off for two or three hours, then hop back on and repeat! Why do I want to spend 20k on something I just want to ride for an hour? Nevermind, I've known a few ladies....
varyder
Posted 2010-04-09 9:33 AM (#57065 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
i'm sure the ones kevin has laying are were pushed to the extreme, everything has its limit...acheiving them is the fun part...

I'm impressed in that mine neither burns, leaks or uses oil between the 4,000 mile oil changes. And it will run 70+ (don't want to incremanate myself) for a sustained 3 hour blast for 8 hours and seem to only running better with every mile. I've got the bike down for a few days replacing the neck bearing... but I'm also reevaluating the way I ride after my return trip from Atlanta. Even I wonder why I do the things I do at times.... maybe I should get a Ridley....
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-09 11:58 AM (#57083 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Brian - you sayin' I'm "OLD SCHOOL"???
FAR from it - I'm old - but everything around me is 'state-of-the-art'. From my Intel? Core? i7 Processor/Windows7 64bit computer(S) to my 2010 Mazda GT, my Victory Vision, my 50" Plasma & Blu-ray and more. Even my CoPilot is a young, beautiful, state-of-the-art Japanese who drives a Mercedes SMART car.
I'm just OLD enough to know what 'piece-of-shit' means when it comes to talking about cars and bikes. AND people sometimes <grin>
varyder
Posted 2010-04-09 12:11 PM (#57085 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
present company excluded, I'm sure..................
salty
Posted 2010-04-09 1:20 PM (#57093 - in reply to #56321)

Cruiser

Cold lake Alberta
I believe "INDIAN" is on it's 3rd trip around. I really hope they make it this time. They defienlty are bikes for more "priveldged" folks with a 38K tag on the Chief nostalgic, here in Alberta. I love the bike, always have loved Indians! Always willl ! The 100" power plus wasnt great but the 105 with nickel plating should be a step up, you still have a valnced fendered softail no matter how you slice it though

If anyone can keep it going, its Stellcan, they did wonders for Chris Craft!
Gilroy wasnt much more then a "kit bike" at the get go and the backers got greedy pretty quick, and they failed.
Problem was they used good S&S motors but ...S&S apparently did not put them together, Gilroy staff did.

I would love to own an Indian ..maybe someday of i win the lottery and I wish them well, we have a dealer in Alberta now and at least one in BC.
mgoblue
Posted 2010-04-10 12:51 AM (#57137 - in reply to #56321)

Cruiser

Indians are still uglier then hell...
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-10 2:17 AM (#57138 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
WHOA... I live in the land of the FBI

We don't call them that..... for safety reasons. Your safety.

Let's stay with nice - like: "Indians are fugly...." and if you are overheard by a FBI - RUN !

Unless the FBI is a pal, like some of mine - then running is too late. Eventually the bruises heal.... and the friendships deepen.
varyder
Posted 2010-04-10 5:52 AM (#57140 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

Edited by varyder 2010-04-10 6:03 AM
Bubba
Posted 2010-04-10 6:29 AM (#57141 - in reply to #56321)

Cruiser

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I always liked the retro style of Indian MC. I really thought the Vision was one fugly bike until I saw the Ness Vision without the trunk. I have had the trunk on twice in a year. Once to take a trip with the GF and the other when I had the bike in the moving Van from Chicago to NC.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™