You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Indian and Victory
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

mgoblue
Posted 2010-04-10 7:00 AM (#57145 - in reply to #56321)
Subject: Re: Indian and Victory

Cruiser

I just can't do the tassells, they belong on strippers not bikes..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-04-10 7:54 AM (#57149 - in reply to #57145)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA

(tassles_sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments tassles_sm.jpg (29KB - 1 downloads)
chesshiretuna
Posted 2010-04-10 8:03 AM (#57150 - in reply to #56321)
Subject: RE: Indian and Victory

Tourer

My last bike before my Vision was the Kawasaki Drifter. I loved the style and the fenders. I was visiting my parents at thier beach house one weekend when one of my dads neighbors came over.
He said he was a old harley rider from the 50's and saw my bike and came over to investgate. His Indian story was funny. He and his friends road quite a bit and one of them road an Indian. He(the friend) was to ride at the rear because the bike was always shedding parts.....He always carried a rope to tow it back because it was always breaking down...My dads neighbor always liked the looks of the Indian but the bikes had a reputation for breaking down among his crowd. The older riders are always interesting to talk with. I constantly get questions from them when I am out on the Vision. They love the looks and the storys are always good.
Tarpits99
Posted 2010-04-10 10:07 AM (#57151 - in reply to #56321)
Subject: RE: Indian and Victory

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
http://www.indian-uk.com/

Thought that you guys might like to see another modern Indian. Seems that the Indian name worldwide is owned by more than one company.

(picclassic_large.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments picclassic_large.jpg (68KB - 2 downloads)
varyder
Posted 2010-04-10 10:23 AM (#57152 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
true. The indian name have been mopeds and associated with Royal-Enfield. That's been part of the Indian name since 1953 to include Gilroy. The current Kings Mountain effort is to go back and recapture the pre-1953 heritage and bring it forward. Bad business decision are also a part of Indians heritage, they're hoping KM isn't one of them.
XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-10 10:41 AM (#57154 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Time will tell and at $30,000 to $40,000 there is a small market of buyers.
varyder
Posted 2010-04-10 1:02 PM (#57166 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
open response to a private message. A) my skin is way thicker than I let on in the forum, it's all part of game. 2) I know what I like and other people don't influence me unless they say "I had one of those and this what I think." other than, flame, bash, josh, bag, bang, and opinionate right on. By the way, my Bentley is a cheerleader and tassles looks great especially when she twirls them ridin' high
varyder
Posted 2010-04-10 1:40 PM (#57170 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I forgot to say it's all in fun my friend...
Tarpits99
Posted 2010-04-12 11:42 AM (#57303 - in reply to #57145)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
mgoblue - 2010-04-10 5:00 AM

I just can't do the tassells, they belong on strippers not bikes..

I think some of you guys may be missing the point entirely. Style doesn't always evolve in a vacuum or without reason. Take the fringe.

Chris (varyder) is utilizing some very high tech thinking, albeit from the days of clovis points and bone needles, but high tech none the less.

The tassels and fringe actually serve as a moisture control system; just like those fancy modern "wicking" socks for hunters and gortex raingear.

They add surface area and remove excess heat and/or moisture from the leather, just like the cooling fins on an engine remove excess heat. They're even more effective on a leather garment (if you don't mind looking like one of the Village People) or on a saddle and saddle bags like that on the Indian to make the ride more comfortable and help keep your possessions dry.

In future perhaps we should refer fringed hand grips like Chris's as " air-conditioned hand grips". A perfectly reasonable accessory for people who ride in wet, hot and humid conditions (or suffer from sweaty palms).

varyder
Posted 2010-04-12 12:17 PM (#57306 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
tarpits99 take a bow dude, that is the best job of an insult I have ever seen in my life. Villiage People, sweaty palms, lOl... I feel honored to receive it with such grace....

I wish more did it your way....

A benefit of the handle bar tassles also is that I can set the cruise and then use them like reigns.

Edited by varyder 2010-04-12 12:28 PM
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-12 1:02 PM (#57313 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Chris - you 'rule' your bike? Wow, man!

I thot for a minute you reined your mighty steed with a pull on the reins (those classy leather weather controls)

Tarpits99
Posted 2010-04-12 1:08 PM (#57314 - in reply to #56321)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
Funny, I really wasn't trying to be insulting, I was aiming for academic, in an "isn't this little bit of anthropology/history 'effing' cool?!!" kind of way.

I must be a real clueless dipshit to go around insulting people without trying, perhaps that explains why I have so few riding buddies. I always thought I was a loner by nature but perhaps I'm really just an a-hole.

Excuse me, I have to go and do some serious introspection.
varyder
Posted 2010-04-12 1:17 PM (#57316 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I get confused sometimes... but I know that is the reason I ride alone all the time also... see, I insulted you thinking you insulted me, in a fun way, and now its back around again. I guess I'll never have any friends if I keep this up... be careful with that introspection thing, you might hurt yourself... it's dark and scary in there sometimes...

Edited by varyder 2010-04-12 1:19 PM
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-12 2:07 PM (#57319 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
WOW!!!

I thought it was just ME ! Maybe we three (or more) should get together to see if we can kill each other - or be buddies !

I'm actually just what my father used to call me: "a shit disturber"

Or as I like to think - I have a warped sense of humour!!! And I love to tease....

varyder
Posted 2010-04-12 2:18 PM (#57323 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
we should meet in sturgis, I hear there are still plenty of places to hide bodies. Too bad I couldn't make it this year.

Edited by varyder 2010-04-12 2:20 PM
rwilly
Posted 2010-04-12 5:44 PM (#57338 - in reply to #56321)

Tourer

seattle, wa
Here's for you west coast people in need of the Indian.

http://www.indianmotorcyclela.com/about.htm
mgoblue
Posted 2010-04-15 7:46 AM (#57565 - in reply to #56321)

Cruiser

Indians are STILL UGLY...
Tarpits99
Posted 2010-04-15 2:15 PM (#57601 - in reply to #56321)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
I made the mistake of asking my wife if there was anything wrong with my last post. What I could possible have hoped to gain by involving her is beyond me at the moment; but the results are in. I am an idiot! Rest assured, the wife always knows, with 100% certainty, exactly what is wrong with me.

Having been thoroughly chastened I must now, in public apologize to anyone whom I may have offended; including the Village People, Fans of the Village People,and anyone suffering from sweaty palms, as an over-abundance of sweat glands is a genetic condition (Hyperhidrosis), and not a character flaw, as she says I implied.

She also noted (as a parting shot) that the only possible reason that I know about things such as fringe having a functional purpose is because I can be "such a Neanderthal", and must have had lots of first hand experience with stone-age thinking.

I guess that this evening I'm going to spend some more time in the garage, very slowly letting a little air out of the rear shock on the Vision and peering into those dark corners that Chris warned me about.

Having concluded that business, I'm all for a meeting of the "shit disturbers", what's the worst that can happen, we fail to communicate? Hell I'm used to that, LOL!
varyder
Posted 2010-04-15 2:23 PM (#57603 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Tarpits99, I am wiping tears from my eyes as I speak with the fringe of my jacket, *snif*. But actually, no apologies are necessary, first rule, and second rule, never include the wife into "guy talk" they just don't understand.

I have an unorthodox way of stirring the poo and feel no to need to 'splain. I stay in constent trouble with the wife over it, but we both agree, I don't know any better. With that said, I'm still hopin' to ride to the Mojave this summer, compliments of my work, and I hope we can somehow get to meet up somewhere in the land of fruits and nuts.
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-15 3:00 PM (#57605 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada
Chris - STAY OUT OF THE MOJAVE !!! There is NO moisture there for your Air Wicks to soak up - your leather (which will be in your luggage) will dry up and EXPLODE ! The tassles will get rock hard and beat you to death.

Come NORTH with ME ! To ALASKA ! You too, Fred - get away from all those blonde tanned babes that your wife worries constantly about.

Come and meet some REAL Indians ... where horsepower means 'how many horses you own' - and only the brave mounts an Indian.

Tarpits99
Posted 2010-04-15 3:07 PM (#57606 - in reply to #56321)

Iron Butt

North Orange County CA
All I can say is SPF-1000!

I crossed the Chihuahuan, Sonoran and Mojave Deserts in summer (August 1976) on the way to the Pacific Coast Hwy from Nashville. I was a construction worker from the south, and thought I knew about heat and sun. I'm still peeling 36 years later. Look forward to riding w/ you.
varyder
Posted 2010-04-15 3:48 PM (#57609 - in reply to #56321)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
Don and TP, I have learned I've got to learn things on my own. I saw that movie Desert Heat with Jean-Claude Van Damme and want to re-live Eddie Lomax's exploits, uh, wait... well at least the riding across the desert part, I'll leave it at that. He did have an Indian too....

Edited by varyder 2010-04-15 3:49 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™