You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Got a question about satelite radio - Please Help
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

kodonnell1
Posted 2010-04-03 11:14 PM (#56584)
Subject: Got a question about satelite radio - Please Help

Tourer

Hello all
I want to buy Sirrus satelite radio for the Vision. Wal-Mart has the complete package with the car kit for only $79.00 . I was at the Victory dealer today and he said I could not hook up and play the Wal-Mart unit to the bike because there is no way to integrate it into the bikes sound system. He said I would have to purchase the Victory satelite unit ($550.00 plus $200.00 instalation ) if I wanted to hook it up to the bike. Is he trying to rip me off or what. I have seen many videos on Youtube that clearly shows the Sirrus radio unit that you can buy from Wal-Mart or Best Buy hooked up to the Vision and they seem to work just fine. Could someone please tell me what I need to buy extra to make Sirrus satelite radio work instead of buying the Victory unit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mkj022
Posted 2010-04-03 11:28 PM (#56586 - in reply to #56584)
Subject: Re: Got a question about satelite radio - Please Help

Puddle Jumper

manitoba canada
Just buy the one from walmart and it will work .It will run through the an fm station on the radio or you can plug it in direct through the axul.plug in the glove box in which case you need to buy male -male cord
fedor
Posted 2010-04-04 1:07 AM (#56590 - in reply to #56584)

Puddle Jumper

Parryville, PA
I took mine out of my truck and hooked it up with no problems. Like mkj said just run it through the fm station.
ebayjoe
Posted 2010-04-04 4:04 AM (#56597 - in reply to #56584)

Cruiser

East Ohio
I purchased the fm direct to go along with it, it was an extra $30, but i no longer have to change radio stations, without it it seemed to get a lot of static, but sounds great all the time

Go Super Steel
VisionTex
Posted 2010-04-04 11:54 AM (#56632 - in reply to #56597)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Your dealer is correct in a sense about a Sirius set up. He maybe talking about the ability to control your unit from the console or handle bar controls, that you can't do with a aftermarket Sirius unit. But it will work, just plug into the AUX cord in the glove compartment, plug into the power supply in the compartment, run the antenna on the dash, call Sirius and set up a plan and your in the tunes. I went with the Al Carte plan, gives me a bunch of pre-selected programs, for ~7 bucks a month. Works great. Good luck. Yah, just buy the car kit, it gives you everything you need except for the power cord adaptor.
Huntdiv
Posted 2010-04-04 9:42 PM (#56667 - in reply to #56584)

Puddle Jumper

I put a Sirius radio on my Vision and works great. I had to buy a motorcycle kit to hook it to the battery. I mounted on to of the clutch reservoir and it looks and sounds great. Sirius sell a 6" antenna that you can install instead of the 20' one that comes with the kit. Enjoy it very much.
savage
Posted 2010-04-05 6:51 AM (#56682 - in reply to #56584)

Cruiser

Sirius Starmate 5 mounted on console, antenna on top of dash.....$99 at Best Buy. Had it for a year, works great!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™