You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

What are the odds....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

iluvink
Posted 2010-04-08 3:51 PM (#56992)
Subject: What are the odds....

Tourer

Dallas, Texas
That Victory will ever break from Polaris?

Just curious.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2010-04-08 4:51 PM (#56994 - in reply to #56992)
Subject: RE: What are the odds....

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Not saying never, but I don't think this will happen. Mother Polaris has deep pockets and according to all I've read is a well managed company. Investors like Polaris, so there is a strong base there. There is synergy here in buying power, labor, transportation, admistration, management, etc...
SongFan
Posted 2010-04-08 5:51 PM (#56998 - in reply to #56992)
Subject: RE: What are the odds....

Visionary

Memphis
Plus it's a Polaris assembly line with Polaris designers.  The only reason we are riding Visions is because of Polaris.  I have nooo problem with that.
varyder
Posted 2010-04-08 6:48 PM (#57001 - in reply to #56992)
Subject: Re: What are the odds....

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
never say never, but it is close.
1atom12
Posted 2010-04-08 7:28 PM (#57009 - in reply to #56992)

Tourer

Atlanta Area
I would settle for a clear separation of the Polaris name itself. I don't want to navigate to the POLARIS website to shop for motorcycles, parts and accessories. They can make a break on paper and still be a sub-business of Polaris... After two years of Vic ownership, I am still coming to grips with walking into a multi-line dealership, past the ATVs and scooters to get to the "good stuff"... I want to see the Victory brand at the top of the heap one day, but if you have to wade through a sea of scooters and ATVs to buy your new iPod adapter cable, it just takes something away from it. The brand just needs time to grow. The Vision kick-started the Victory brand awareness for the masses. The cross dressers will help the word spread as well. I see good things down the road for Victory...

Edited by 1atom12 2010-04-08 7:29 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2010-04-08 7:31 PM (#57011 - in reply to #57001)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
Victory is a product line produced by Polaris, in the same Polaris factory in Spirit Lake, Iowa that builds ATV's and utility vehicles. They used to make PWC's there too, but got out of that business and expanded their other lines after the Victory brand started to take off. Victory is Polaris. The big sign on the factory says "Polaris", not Victory.

Now, if you can get enough of your friends to buy a Victory motorcycle, maybe factory capacity wouldn't be able to keep up with demand, and a new, dedicated, factory would be needed just for the Victory products. It would still be Polaris though. Since 1954.

Ronnie
Blue Sky Guy
Posted 2010-04-11 5:00 PM (#57241 - in reply to #56992)

Tourer

scotts valley, California
What kind of non-Polaris V-twin would you power this broken away Victory with?
Jim Millington
Posted 2010-04-11 5:38 PM (#57245 - in reply to #56992)

Cruiser

Cold Lake Alberta Canada
The mother company could be stayfree maxi pads for all I care, as long as I get what makes me happy in a bike. And right now polaris is the Victor y does it matter.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™