You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bluetooth your Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

whinchey
Posted 2010-04-09 10:54 AM (#57071)
Subject: Bluetooth your Vision

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
I have played around with a gambit of solutions to get the ulimate bluetooth setup on my 2008 Vision. Started with a Tourtech 2720, then got a Garmin 2820. Purchased a Bluetooth stereo headset for me and my daughter.

I have been surfing the internet to find a Bluetooth audio dongle that will operate well with A2DP, and a version of Bluetooth to support V2 and V1.2 devices. The idea is to add a 2.5mm or 3.5mm jack into the glove box depending on the device I come up with. Then connect that jack to the audio output of the radio that is intended for the wired headset assemblies. The radio speakers can be shutoff to support this connection.

In this way all the radio, XM, weather, GPS(incl 2720) and IPod connections from the onboard radio are sent up to my bluetooth helmet device. This means I can use non bluetooth capable ipods and GPS, and all the controls on the bike to operate them.

This leaves my cell phone which will allow a direct bluetooth connection to my helmet device.

This Bluetooth dongle must have the ability to be charged while in use so this eliminated the Sony device I thought of using first. I have come to find these devices use a USB connector to charge. Since the Vision has the BMW power plug in the glove box, I thought it would work well to put the Bluetooth device here.

I am thinking about this to power the device,

http://www.powerletproducts.com/product/rigid-powerlet-to-cigarette...

and something like this,

http://www.gpscity.ca/gps-city-12v-dc-usb-cigarette-lighter-plug.ht...

If this all works I think this would be the best setup to date. This assumes you are not using a wired headset. I may purchase the audio headset dongle from parts to get the right connector to plug into the radio harness..

Any thoughts, please share...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
whinchey
Posted 2010-04-09 11:50 AM (#57080 - in reply to #57071)
Subject: Re: Bluetooth your Vision

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
Please ignore this post I have reposted in the Vision section
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™