You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Help Victory With Accessories Development!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-28 2:24 PM (#58589 - in reply to #57611)
Subject: Re: Help Victory With Accessories Development!

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Hopefully Victory will take some of this to heart. In their defense, some of us coming from Harley or Goldwing backgrounds are used to dealing with huge dealer networks and a large aftermarket service. Victory hasn't been around near as long and the Vision even less time to develope a large parts and accessory network. That being said, the parts are kinda expensive and we as riders want more options and just more availability. Hopefully as more Visions are sold and time goes by more products will be made. A large aftermarket supplier like Kuryakyn probably won't jump into the mix full force with just 7500 units out there as base customers. That should change as more Visions are sold....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SongFan
Posted 2010-04-28 3:23 PM (#58593 - in reply to #57611)
Subject: RE: Help Victory With Accessories Development!

Visionary

Memphis
I think Victory did a pretty good job of listening to the '08 owners and prospective buyers to get some pretty major changes out fairly quickly.  Reverse, ABS, centerstand, the starter sequence that leaves the lights off until the bike is running, harder clearcoat.  In the grand scheme of things, I'm amazed at how little I wanted to add to my Vision.
RedDog
Posted 2010-04-28 7:49 PM (#58613 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

OHIO
Some good ideas so far.

I ordered a headlight switch the first week of April, and am still waiting for it!!!!! I think that is slow, slow service!!!!
XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-30 6:54 PM (#58811 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Hopefully they ( Victory ) will sell all their left over models this year and more Visions will be on the road, The more people see them the more I think people will want them.........
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-05-11 1:15 PM (#59615 - in reply to #57611)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN
Based on other discussions on the forum it sounds like there could be some serious improvements offered for the older stereo systems to make them compatible with the various GPSs on the market. Specifically the newer Garmin units. The newest, Zumo 665, is an awesome GPS system with XM, weather, traffic, MP3 player, bluetooth connection and more and would make a great addition to the the Vision as a top end touring bike. It fits the currently offered Victory harness but some features are not functional when on the bike.

Please consider working with Garmin to upgrade the Victory/Zumo 660 harness so the model 665 will have full functionality on the Vision.
Jim
Posted 2010-05-11 2:13 PM (#59620 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

Saskatchewan (hard to say, easy to draw )
Your tag line on e-mail customer service on the Pure Polaris site? Well, please either remove it or have someone to reply when questions are posted ... http://www.purepolaris.com/CustSrv.aspx If this is not a valid link anymore beacuse of outdated pricing or availability, could you get your web guru to do a redirect to the new, real, correctly priced Polaris site please? A Canadian order site would also be appreciated.
Jim
Posted 2010-05-11 9:30 PM (#59663 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

Saskatchewan (hard to say, easy to draw )
OK that sounded really grumpy! Sorry boys and ladies. I would like to ride into a Victory dealer and ask for ....say ... a chrome fender accent and find that they have IT AND i CAN BUY IT! That has not been the case so i turn to Pure Polaris. Just a bit frustrated is all. Love my ride and will never ( never say that) sell it.
VisionTex
Posted 2010-05-12 10:57 AM (#59702 - in reply to #59663)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Jim, I agree with you 100%. I guess we are too used to going into HD or Jap bike dealers and getting what we want faster. I have found over the last six years that some Victory dealers are a lot better that others. But with low number of Victory dealers and the low number of bikes that they actually sell, getting accessories off the wall, probably won't get much better for us. There are a few Victory dealers across the country that have good websites and offer 20% off and free shipping. I use them, and have not been disappointed, but it takes awhile for delivery. I have to come back to earth on the dealers when it comes to them having stuff. I figure there has been ~9,000 Visions made in the three model years it's been out, maybe 80% of those are sold and I believe there are less than 400 Victory dealers. So that's only and average of 18 Visions per dealer, over a three year period, and with that some of the small dealers probably have not sold half that many. So when I walk into my dealer and he has one or no Visions on the floor, but has 27 Polaris 4X4s, I don't expect too much in the way of accessories in the store for my Vision. So I leave and ride.
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-05-12 11:28 AM (#59705 - in reply to #57611)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN
It's a numbers game, and unfortunately until the numbers of owners increases many fold the availability of stocked parts and accessories (and additional dealers) will be slow coming. Thank God for the internet!

All I can say is the more we ride the more people become aware of the brand. So lets ride!!
sleghammer
Posted 2010-06-02 5:54 PM (#61357 - in reply to #59663)

New user

im with u man i ordered a fuel pump and it took 3 weeks and they need to work on the prices $600 is to high for a gm pump thats rite i said it gm pump ucan look upall the specs and they are the same as gm truck pump the only diff is the hook ups they all come from the same factory and gm pump is only $180 do the math they r killing us . but i realy love my hammer i beat the socks off my harley buddys on a weekly bases and it makes them mad as hell my buddy john has a 110 and he just cant keep up with mylittle hammer
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™