You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Help Victory With Accessories Development!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Scribe
Posted 2010-04-15 4:02 PM (#57611)
Subject: Help Victory With Accessories Development!

Cruiser

A message from corporate HQ:

Victory Riders,
You are invited to provide input to the folks who develop Victory accessories. Send an e-mail to the Victory Mailbag and tell the Pure Victory Gear team:

1. What new accessories would you like Victory to offer?

2. What are the top items on your Victory Accessories Wish List?

3. Are there any product improvements you would like Victory to make to existing accessories?

Note: By submitting an idea, you are agreeing to grant Polaris/Victory exclusive rights to the idea.

Send your accessories input to: Victory Mailbag

Thanks,
The Victory Accessories Team
Victory Mailbag

Top of the page Bottom of the page
OldGringo
Posted 2010-04-15 4:28 PM (#57614 - in reply to #57611)
Subject: Re: Help Victory With Accessories Development!

Cruiser

Republic of Tejas
I take it accessories for an old C model are out of the question???? ;-) It just keeps on runnin!
alanrdking
Posted 2010-04-16 4:30 AM (#57634 - in reply to #57611)
Subject: RE: Help Victory With Accessories Development!

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
How about you have the ones already developed actualy ready to sell,seems like just about most of the cc and cr stuff is out of stock most of the time.And get a web site going that is worth a damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roadrocket
Posted 2010-04-16 7:51 AM (#57643 - in reply to #57634)
Subject: RE: Help Victory With Accessories Development!

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

"And get a web site going that is worth a damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

And all Victory owners said "Amen!"

RR

steven5382
Posted 2010-04-16 8:58 AM (#57645 - in reply to #57611)

Puddle Jumper

Northern California
Ditto
XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-16 9:10 AM (#57650 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I just emailed Victory with some suggestions: 1) factory/ dealer installed bigbore kit for the freedom engine ( Harley sells them by the thousands) 2) Super Freedom ported big valve heads. Another dealer installed option. 3) Removable trunk for the Cross Country/ Cross Roads with class leading storage capacity. 4) Luggage that will actually fit the luggage racks available for the Vision.
XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-16 11:04 PM (#57718 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
I wonder if any of our suggestions will be a taken to heart and actually done ???
Jim
Posted 2010-04-17 12:29 AM (#57721 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

Saskatchewan (hard to say, easy to draw )
I want helmet holder/locks, a cup holder that looks good and not the RAM ball stuff, a site that shows which upgrades are available and recalls that my stealer should have let me know of and didn't ....Radio fixes sent to ALL OF US! , reasonable pricing for reasonable gear and chrome.... gattlin tips for what????? HP oil/air filters 'cause I doooo it meself! or....support for a product that all of us thought /still think is what we want to ride and be proud of. I didn't buy this to be second best and I will do what I need to keep it that way.
varyder
Posted 2010-04-17 4:55 AM (#57723 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
you all come up with some good idears, you hear....

Edited by varyder 2010-04-17 5:18 AM
vision4me
Posted 2010-04-17 5:59 AM (#57726 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

Iowa
how about a external antenna for the vision? it would be nice to get more than one station.
hoosiervic
Posted 2010-04-17 8:19 AM (#57737 - in reply to #57611)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN
1.Paint protection film that is pre-cut for the Vision. It is available for the CC and CR, why not the Vision? (in front of seat, where knees rub, around ignition key panel, where the passenger rubs against side panels with their heels.

2.Clothing and apparel in Tall sizes! I will not buy, own or wear a jacket that that has sleeves that hit me at the elbows. Riding pants need to be long for us tall guys (if you read the vision posts, there are a lot of us out here). Believe it or not we want to wear the brand too.

3. I'll 2nd the request for a bag that's designed for the Vision trunk rack.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-04-18 7:10 AM (#57812 - in reply to #57611)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
Emailed to Victory:

A "radio kit" for the 8ball Vision

LED Conversion kit for the Vision taillights and tourpack

Tourpack for the Cross bikes that integrated with the design (including lighting)
XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-18 8:38 AM (#57822 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
That's what kept me from buying the 8 Ball Vision, no easy radio/ stereo hookup, how lame................
Teach
Posted 2010-04-18 10:49 AM (#57835 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Lol, you guys missed the biggest suggestion: How about a accessory that doesn't cost $300 plus? Lets get real hear the Vision passenger backrest is $400+, the Luggage rack for the trunk $300+..... Now compare that with other manufacturers who sell quick detatch passenger backrest w/pad for $150, or a luggage rack for the trunk at $120

Antenna for the Vision radio??? LMAO.... we've only been promised that for 3 years. Shouldn't be an accessory anyhow it should be standard equipment...

I hate to be negative, I really do, but Victory has thousands of tour bikes purchased by loyal owners who's requests have gone unanswered.
XRsteve
Posted 2010-04-18 12:51 PM (#57845 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Georgia, west of Atlanta
Teach, you're so right, I was shocked when I saw the price of a Vision luggage rack, I thought you gotta be kidding............
whinchey
Posted 2010-04-18 1:36 PM (#57847 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
I sent an email to Polaris Customer Service. Seems most things we call them on gets a shoulder shrug. I called about an up to date Victory Dealers list or downloadable replacement to the Tourtech installed list. One that we can load on the computer software, edit and reload. That got a "good idea!" then a shrug and told to call your dealer. So on the next one I asked for an email address of Mark Blackwell or his assistant. Apparently Customer Service does not have and contact info for Mr Blackwell. *shrug*

I know it seems to becoming more clear to me, once you bought the bike, they are not looking to help you. I hope they come to realize a registered owner should become a source and catalyst for ideas and change.

This request is for new accessory ideas. How about broadening it to include feedback on the delivered product, as a vessel for future changes, and modification to present parts coming of assembly lines.

*shrug*
whinchey
Posted 2010-04-18 1:38 PM (#57848 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
I did email them on the Bluetooth module off the radio (or audio output jack), so the stock Victory Radio, XM, CD, etc could be attached to a Bluetooth Stereo headset and mic.
ronhughes
Posted 2010-04-18 8:49 PM (#57889 - in reply to #57822)

Puddle Jumper

Same here, no radio on the 8ball vision. Happily 'settled' for the cross country.
studmuffin
Posted 2010-04-21 8:41 PM (#58129 - in reply to #57611)

Yup. the group has said it all. web site could be improved, prices down, quality up. The above list is not disappointed Vic owners, the above is a list of people who want to give Polaris money for product.

For example, I want to buy a new Polaris jacket and see the web site is sold out. Seriously? Sold out? This translate to a lost sales, lost revenue! In any economy, can any company afford to push away a customer with cash in hand?

When switching from the "bike" site to the "accessory" site the change is obvious, and awkward.

BUT, the question is what accessories would you like to see... The vision is loaded and there is not much to add., but we all continue to fine tune a great product. Pulll EEEZZZ make it easier for me to give you my money!

Cup holders, gloves, stage one kits, we have unique needs - help us buy online, direct us to our local dealer or we will go somewhere else. ( ok, maybe i wont because my local dealer is pretty d*mn good. )
VisionTex
Posted 2010-04-22 8:22 AM (#58165 - in reply to #58129)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
studmuffin - 2010-04-21 7:41 PM

Yup. the group has said it all. web site could be improved, prices down, quality up. The above list is not disappointed Vic owners, the above is a list of people who want to give Polaris money for product.

For example, I want to buy a new Polaris jacket and see the web site is sold out. Seriously? Sold out? This translate to a lost sales, lost revenue! In any economy, can any company afford to push away a customer with cash in hand?

When switching from the "bike" site to the "accessory" site the change is obvious, and awkward.

BUT, the question is what accessories would you like to see... The vision is loaded and there is not much to add., but we all continue to fine tune a great product. Pulll EEEZZZ make it easier for me to give you my money!

Cup holders, gloves, stage one kits, we have unique needs - help us buy online, direct us to our local dealer or we will go somewhere else. ( ok, maybe i wont because my local dealer is pretty d*mn good. )

If you want to purchase online, it's probably not best to buy Victory accessories from the Victory website. If I don't buy from local dealers, and want to buy online, it is best from dealer websites. I purchase from dealers that have websites that I can buy Victory accessories. I have found through searching some offer 10 to 20% discounts and if you purchase more than $100 of stuff, shipping is free. Doing it this way not only supports Victory, it supports a dealer.
katman
Posted 2010-04-25 2:20 PM (#58340 - in reply to #57611)

Puddle Jumper

bowling green ky
how baout a factory exhaust map and air filter that dosent pop that would be a great start
Teach
Posted 2010-04-25 2:45 PM (#58341 - in reply to #57611)

Visionary

Sent them an email about the passenger floorboard arms on the Cross Country needing to be shortened so as the butt to foot dimensions of the Visions passenger boards was the standard. Currently the passenger either needs to be a midget or like eating their knees all ride long.
VaParadox
Posted 2010-04-25 6:06 PM (#58362 - in reply to #57611)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Seems like most of you missed the point on the 8ball. It was SPECIFICALLY designed to 1. meet a price point that people who couldnt afford it, COULD. 2. They still had to make a bare bones bike "attractive" to the buyer which is why its blacked out WHICH COSTS NEXT TO NOTHING. You guys who bitch about it not having anything on it, kinda missed the point. If you want the fruit salad you're looking at the wrong bike...... I gave up trying to communicate with Polaris/Victory, hell, if they wont listen to VaParadox "2009 customer of the year" then they just dont give a muddy rats ass. They'll go down the same road as all other things "made in American" throw it out the door, we'll deal with the problems when they get to the point where they're out of hand", but for now lets make some money
tis all bout the money..
nightvision
Posted 2010-04-27 10:52 PM (#58542 - in reply to #57611)

Cruiser

dinwiddie, va
I personally bought my 8ball because I loved the blacked out look. I also love the blank canvas to put the accessories I want on it. I put my own stereo system on it that rocks! In one breath yall complain about the victory radios, then you complain that the base model 8ball doesnt come with one. It reall is a bare bones bike. I didn't complain that it didn't have loud exhaust on it from the factory. Or that the heat sheilds weren't pwder coated black too. I did it all myself. You are never gonna buy anything that is exactly the way you want it. I have all kind of toys that all have a serious amount of modifications and accessories that I added to make it be what I wanted. I even built my own house and once I moved in.... Damn I wish I had done a bunch of other things or even hadn't done it a certain way. Stop bitchin all the time and just ride the bikes!!!!!!
alanrdking
Posted 2010-04-28 4:21 AM (#58548 - in reply to #57611)

Puddle Jumper

south central Pa.
I just bought the passenger back rest and luggage rack for my CC,had to go to 2 different dealers to get both pieces.What I can say is the quality of both pieces is real good to excellent,however the cost of these pieces was $879.78,wow!I have had the other American motorcycles for years and have bought a lot of their parts the cost difference in large however the quality is night and day,the CC parts are made of numerus parts welded,polisheed and plated,not just bent square stock chromed plated.The luggage rack appears to be a cnc made and absoluty perfect.Victory still needs to supply what they say they have,they need a GOOD web site,they should pay attention to thier customers.P.S. the back rest was made in Tiawan,just like the other American motorcycle maker does.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™