You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Signs that make me smile and words about the Vision
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

varyder
Posted 2010-04-16 9:13 PM (#57704)
Subject: Signs that make me smile and words about the Vision

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
At BBQ stop
Lady: what does that say on the trunk?
Me: Victory
Lady: Is that made by Honda or Harley?

Man: That is nice, I've seen those Victorys before, what is it?
Me: The Vision
Man: I've got a Harley. It's constantly eating tires. I've put three rears on in 26,000 miles since '06.
Me: Oh yeah, I put one about every 12,000 to 15,000 and I've 66,000 on it since '07.
Man: How many miles?
Me: 66,000
Man: I thought I ran with the big dogs with 26,000 miles...[shakes head]

At a mountain biker leather shop, definitely for the Harley crowd.
Go in to check out the shop, small, looks like he does mostly leather repair. Exchange some small talk and walk out. Man and his OL comes out as well, and Harley to the bone.
Man: [looking at the Vision in bewilderment] Does that have reverse?
Me: Don't need it, I know how to park.
Man: [just smiles with a look of a loss for words]

I was on my way to a homecoming for an old family friend in Luray and met up with some folks that I grew up with that were adults when I was a child. Found out a few of them rode, but never knew. I figured I'd be out of place riding since it was a very conservative crowd. I got a lot of compliments on my bike to include my mom. Dad on the other hand....
Dad: [talking about the Vision to a family friend] That's Batman's old bike, he let Chris have it when he got his new one.

In a restaruant, parked where I could see it. Two heavy set guys were leaving after eating. After about 20 minutes they were still standing by the Vision talking about it.

Despite the fact I went to Luray to lay a very important person in my life to rest and to comfort her daughter and family, the day was picture perfect. I rode up RT 231 which has some of the most breath-taking of my beloved commonwealth, especially as I approached the mountains. The weather was perfect and it was an excellent day to reflect on life in general.

As I approach the mountain on RT 211, I encountered the sign below. I smiled as I knew I would be making the E3 sing my favorite song as I caressed the Vision up the mountain side.

I hope everyone has a great summer and keep the shiny side up. Share your signs that make you smile.

Edited by varyder 2010-04-16 9:41 PM

(crash_area.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments crash_area.jpg (50KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-16 10:23 PM (#57716 - in reply to #57704)
Subject: RE: Signs that make me smile and words about the Vision

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Great comments, Chris!

Remind me of how my "SPCSHP" got it's name: A Harley guy yells at me outside a biker bar "HEY - IS THAT THERE THING A MOTORCYCLE OR A SPACESHIP???"

I yell back: "I DON'T KNOW !!! HAVEN'T MADE UP MY MIND YET ! " - Well - I decided.  SPCSHP it is !!!

Here is one of my favorite Signs on one of my secret bike roads:

(Woodlands2sm.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Woodlands2sm.jpg (87KB - 0 downloads)
Ploz58
Posted 2010-04-16 10:52 PM (#57717 - in reply to #57704)
Subject: Re: Signs that make me smile and words about the Vision

Cruiser

Central Victoria, Australia
My vv has a transformer badge on the back and have people
say hey it's a transformer wonder what it turns into!

Part of me things Megan fox!!! The other is a big car cruncher that eats
cars that get in the way!!

I've had many thumbs up and had a couple of people follow me into service stations

I liked the batman line

hoosiervic
Posted 2010-04-17 8:42 AM (#57738 - in reply to #57717)

Tourer

Indianapolis, IN
Ploz58 - 2010-04-16 10:52 PM

My vv has a transformer badge on the back and have people
say hey it's a transformer wonder what it turns into!

Part of me things Megan fox!!! The other is a big car cruncher that eats
cars that get in the way!!

I've had many thumbs up and had a couple of people follow me into service stations

I liked the batman line

Hey Mate, I guess you are like rest of us in that we all wished we could get a bike like Batman when we were kids. I'd say the Harley guy was just another jealous rider that didn't have the --lls get a "Bat-Bike". ;-)

It's funny how so many riders like to brag about how unique there bike is, until a Vision pulls up next to them, and then they launch into how it's too far out for them.

Ride safe!
lil vic
Posted 2010-04-17 12:48 PM (#57759 - in reply to #57704)

Cruiser

hudson, IL United States
i was on vacation and had a group of "hard core" looking riders park next to us. all of them started reving and looking at the bike. then they started to pull off all there leather and there wifes got off of there honda's and started making fun of the bike saying its was like "beam me up" they all where crying about how hot it was and didnt see how my wife and i where putting on our helmets till i hit that nice little switch and the windshield went down, when you do that and look at them for making fun of you they all shut up. i also love when people talk bad about the bike, just ask them if there bike went down how many people it would take to pick it up and how much damage it would cost. then show them you can with just one person. i shut up a goldwing club by doing that and asking who would do that with there bike. i think just knowing the bike is different and being able to show that it is different is what i like the best about it. but i have gotten the so its a honda thing a couple of times also.
SongFan
Posted 2010-04-17 1:14 PM (#57760 - in reply to #57704)

Visionary

Memphis

Amazing how often the "Jetson" tag comes up. 

A couple in a pickup truck pulled up next to me at a light with big smiles on their faces.  "Love your bike!  Looks like a Jetson bike or something out of the future!  How does it ride?" 

My response; "Exactly like it looks!  Out of the future!"  They both had puzzled looks on their faces as the light changed and I rode off.

paulhu
Posted 2010-04-17 4:25 PM (#57768 - in reply to #57704)

Cruiser

Durango, Colorado
<p>Whenever somone comments that mine looks like Batman's, I calmly reply with a wry smile "I AM Batman".</p><p>   Also noticed after a visit to the local Harley shop to pick up some poly lube that the employees there are programmed to refer to any Victory bike as "That Polaris". Must be another clever Corporate Harley ploy to pretend that Victory Motorcycles dont actually exist. And, that if they officially ignore Victory they will have eliminated the obvious competition they are facing.</p>

Edited by paulhu 2010-04-17 4:36 PM
varyder
Posted 2010-04-17 4:35 PM (#57769 - in reply to #57704)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
SHOW US YOUR FAVORITE SIGNS - Sheeesh, how did the cape cruasder take over my thread, it ain't no crime!
donetracey
Posted 2010-04-17 7:00 PM (#57781 - in reply to #57769)

Visionary

Pitt Meadows, BC Canada

Old guy yesterday looks at the SPCSHP and says "Where do you keep the TV Set ? " - he then proceeds to tell me about when he used to race Nortons 'back in the day'. He was a bit shocked when he heard that racing Nortons of his day would not keep up with my Vision. He walked away, crying. Mean S.O.B. I am.....

Here is one of my favorite places to visit in BC

(Coalmont BC.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Coalmont BC.jpg (98KB - 0 downloads)
dpavao
Posted 2010-04-17 7:00 PM (#57782 - in reply to #57704)

Puddle Jumper

Attleboro, MA

The Snake Shady Valley, TN
exharleyrider
Posted 2010-04-18 7:56 AM (#57818 - in reply to #57704)

Cruiser

Sold the suzuki yesterday to a 1%er wanna' be. we go to his fast tags store an while we're doing th epaperwork he starts bragging up the VV.
Actually sends the owner out to look at it. We're done and I try to leave. The owner asks me to wait a minute 'cause he wants to hear it run. i start it up and the usual conversation ensues including having to raise and lower the windshield. he's thoroughly impressed.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™