You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Verdict on Demo rides!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wjoel
Posted 2010-04-20 8:58 PM (#58032)
Subject: Verdict on Demo rides!

Tourer

Northeastern Penna.
This past weekend I ventured out here in Penna. to a Victory demo ride extravaganza in Quakertown.
I rode the 2010 Vision Premium,8-Ball and Crosscountry.With the 2010 Vision Premium, there was a noticeable improvement in the shifting- smoother/quieter, than my 08, not a tremendous amount,but it was evident.The sidestand has an extension on the tongue. The radio has been improved with better reception, sound and the radio face more pronounced.Now I don't know if this is enough to make me trade up for a 10, but I probably would if the right deal stood in front of me.

Next came the Cross Country- great bike, will definitely compete with other criusers,particularly the HD.
I sure noticed the wind on my legs though, compared to the Vision.

I'm not sold on the 8-Ball, simply because it's a stripped down Vision and personally,I'm not comfortable with the lower height of the bike.

While the Cross Country and 8-Ball would wow me if I never saw a Vision Premium or my 08 Comfort model(no longer an option).That's the issue here,I do have a Vision and it undeniably, is the Best in Class, from Victory !
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marcparnes
Posted 2010-04-20 9:19 PM (#58036 - in reply to #58032)
Subject: Re: Verdict on Demo rides!

Iron Butt

I test rode the Cross Country and the Vision Premium at the demo rides last month. As a matter of fact I went back all three days and rode them again just to make sure I wasn't dreaming On the third day I bought a Vision Premium and had the dealer convert it to an 8 Ball Premium, if there is such a thing. I sold my '09 Harley Road Glide a week later. The difference between the Vision and the Harley is akin to comparing a '69 Beetle to a '10 Porsche. The Beetle was fine in '69 but feels like an antique in '10. Same with the Harley. Lousy suspension, poor handling and miserable buffeting. All of which are the Vision's high points. I'm happy!

Marc
VaParadox
Posted 2010-04-20 9:46 PM (#58039 - in reply to #58032)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
My dealership lowers Visions to the 8ball height for customers all the time. This is great for those of you who want all the features of the Vision but want or need the bike lower for riding comfort or short leggedness. I think the post above is well made. Its cheaper to buy the
Luxury and lower it, then to buy the bottom end stripped and add everything back to it.
Mfoster
Posted 2010-04-20 9:46 PM (#58040 - in reply to #58032)

Cruiser

Hey, right on! I love the road glide and am always looking to pick one up. I like when I read stuff like this. I love my 09 Vision TP and really am happy to have it. I would just like to add a roady to the hanger one day. There is an incredible right up by a previous roady owner on the Vog, look for it and read it. It is awesome.

Hey Marc... I am in SoCal also. Hope to see you around. When you are ready to have a cam party LETS DO IT !!!!
marcparnes
Posted 2010-04-20 9:55 PM (#58043 - in reply to #58040)

Iron Butt

I'm ready now! I emailed Kevin and he's game. If possible, give him a hollar and let him know you're interested as well. I have a lift and all the fixings

Marc

Mfoster - 2010-04-20 6:46 PM Hey, right on! I love the road glide and am always looking to pick one up. I like when I read stuff like this. I love my 09 Vision TP and really am happy to have it. I would just like to add a roady to the hanger one day. There is an incredible right up by a previous roady owner on the Vog, look for it and read it. It is awesome. Hey Marc... I am in SoCal also. Hope to see you around. When you are ready to have a cam party LETS DO IT !!!!

marcparnes
Posted 2010-04-20 10:01 PM (#58044 - in reply to #58039)

Iron Butt

I didn't have them lower mine. I just had them swap all the black parts for my silver/chrome parts except for the handlebars and valve covers. It took the tech 32 hours including having to paint the handlebar controls! Looks really great, though.

Marc

VaParadox - 2010-04-20 6:46 PM My dealership lowers Visions to the 8ball height for customers all the time. This is great for those of you who want all the features of the Vision but want or need the bike lower for riding comfort or short leggedness. I think the post above is well made. Its cheaper to buy the Luxury and lower it, then to buy the bottom end stripped and add everything back to it.

Maverick
Posted 2010-04-26 2:21 PM (#58416 - in reply to #58032)

Cruiser

Cabot Arkansas
Pictures please
Mfoster
Posted 2010-04-26 2:53 PM (#58420 - in reply to #58043)

Cruiser

marcparnes - 2010-04-20 7:55 PM

I'm ready now! I emailed Kevin and he's game. If possible, give him a hollar and let him know you're interested as well. I have a lift and all the fixings

Marc

Mfoster - 2010-04-20 6:46 PM Hey, right on! I love the road glide and am always looking to pick one up. I like when I read stuff like this. I love my 09 Vision TP and really am happy to have it. I would just like to add a roady to the hanger one day. There is an incredible right up by a previous roady owner on the Vog, look for it and read it. It is awesome. Hey Marc... I am in SoCal also. Hope to see you around. When you are ready to have a cam party LETS DO IT !!!!

Hey awesome. I am actually looking at a few options and this is one of them. Let me see how things play out here over the next few weeks. I will contact you ASAP if I can pull this off. Nice to know we have 2 of us already. Thanks!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™