You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Rear brake
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Vision Tech Q&AMessage format

jama
Posted 2008-02-27 1:13 PM (#5937)
Subject: Rear brake

Cruiser

Arkansas
Have MCPT: My rear brake pedal feels soft for the first bit of travel
when depressed. Haven't really had to use hard braking yet with the rear.
I'm beginning to wonder if it may have a little air in the line from factory.
I do think it could be a normal symptom related to the linked system, possibly.
Anybody else notice any initial sponginess in their rear pedal? Dealer says "not sure
because haven't enough experience with Visions yet"
Top of the page Bottom of the page
VisionTex
Posted 2008-02-27 1:22 PM (#5939 - in reply to #5937)
Subject: RE: Rear brake

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
jama, I'm going to say it has something to do with the link. I maybe wrong though. My thoughts are if it is using one piston on the two front rotors. So that means it is moving a lot more mass than if it was just doing the rear pads and a we are used too. I have also notice that when I'm in a control braking drag situation on the back brake, the front pads will vibrate (buzz) a little. Anyone else notice this? When I had my rear tire off for nail repairs at 3000 miles, the rear pads looked A-OK. I do believe the softness give us a little better control on light braking.
varyder
Posted 2008-02-27 1:31 PM (#5941 - in reply to #5939)
Subject: RE: Rear brake

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I've had to both bear hard and soft on the rear brake and find that it works very well. I use the front brake a lot so my intitial slow down comes from that, verses the rear. I use the rear once the bike is slowed closer to the speed I want or to a near stop. I've never felt the front brake buzz yet, thought if I move very slowly I hear a slight brush sound that I haven't checked out yet. It just came out from the 7,500mile service, so I assume all is well. I think we are all use to what our old bikes did that some things seem strange on the Vision.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™