You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Test rode the new Indian
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

tralphaz
Posted 2010-05-26 12:56 AM (#60778)
Subject: Test rode the new Indian

Tourer

this last weekend, the seat was comfortable, I was quite surprised by the handling, it handled better than my 8-Ball but still has a way to go to compete with my Vision, sad thing is there was alot of vibration similar to what I feel when using an orbital sander, I felt it through the footboards, seat and the handlebars, mirrors were a blur...... it's even worse when accelerating, had other riders tell me the same thing. Definitely don't feel they are worth the asking price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2010-05-26 8:36 PM (#60853 - in reply to #60778)
Subject: Re: Test rode the new Indian

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
T, thanks for that ride review. I have always found the Indian to be a beautiful bike and I'm glad to see them coming back and hope that stay this time. One of the best motorcycle conversations I have had was with Mark Moses, owner and manager of the Charlotte dealership. The guy is totally down to earth and when he gave me his card that is when I realized he owned the place. He helped and worked with Kings Mountain and has been a number dealership in the nation in times past in the Ohio area. Now he has brought the Indian dealership to that position. We talked purely our passion for riding and when I got into seeing how the Indian measured up and I was pleased. Knowing I was a high mileage and long distance rider, he said the Vision was the bike for me. He told me not to expect more than a 400 - 500 mile day on the Indian, though he has done several Iron Butts on his. Though I did not test ride, I sat on one and was immediately impressed with the way it sat and the genuine leather seat. He also told me that the vibration is intentional and part of the experience. He made no bones about the fact that not everyone is ready for an Indian, but there are many out there that wants exactly what the Indian is. He talked up Victory and commented that some from the Victory team helped get the Indian back on the road. They both even share some of the same electronics and engineering design. Again, he never pretended that the Indian would ride smoother or have the same characteristic, but it does have what people want.

If you ever road a Big Dog, I would venture to say its vibration is far greater, I'm speaking of the ones prior to the chopped models they have today. Thanks again for the review.

Edited by varyder 2010-05-26 8:39 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™