You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Bought ltbiker's Vision Tour
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

wilsondude
Posted 2010-05-28 1:01 PM (#60964)
Subject: Bought ltbiker's Vision Tour

Cruiser

Salt Lake City
I got on ebay yesterday fully expecting to be outbid, but got lucky and picked up this beauty. I currently have an '03 VTX1800R that's all tricked out and have loved every mile of the 46K that I've put on her. I've had my eye on the Vision for some time, but wasn't sure if I wanted to drop the green on a new one. I'm gonna go down to AZ to pick it up, and will quickly see how many miles I can add up. Glad to be here! Got a great Cal coast trip planned in July with two buddies, and what a added bonus to have my almost new Vision!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
buzz64077
Posted 2010-05-28 1:31 PM (#60965 - in reply to #60964)
Subject: RE: Bought ltbiker's Vision Tour

Cruiser

orrick, mo
Congrats! I came off a 04 1800r VTX myself and I don't miss it one bit. Its like going from a log truck to a bimmer.
Bluto
Posted 2010-05-28 2:11 PM (#60967 - in reply to #60964)

Cruiser

McHenry, IL
Lots of former X owners here. I also had an 03 1800R.
tlfuller
Posted 2010-05-28 2:53 PM (#60969 - in reply to #60965)

Puddle Jumper

buzz64077 - 2010-05-28 1:31 PM

Congrats! I came off a 04 1800r VTX myself and I don't miss it one bit. Its like going from a log truck to a bimmer.
I bought a Cross Country but kept my VTX1800R. I wouldn't describe it as a log truck and a beemer; I describe it as riding a Hot Rod (the VTX) and a Cadillac (the Cross Country). I love both bikes, each for different reasons, but the Cross Country and I'm sure the Vision as well have no chance with the VTX off the line. The VTX has such great low end torque. It evens out at the top end. The Victory is pretty even thoughout the range.

JMO but I'm sticking with it.

(IMG_1006a.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1006a.JPG (62KB - 0 downloads)
elvis441
Posted 2010-05-28 2:55 PM (#60970 - in reply to #60964)
Subject: Re: Bought ltbiker's Vision Tour

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Sold my VTX1800F after riding a vision last July. Still waiting , debating between the Vision and Cross bikes...

Edited by elvis441 2010-05-28 2:55 PM
VaParadox
Posted 2010-05-28 6:30 PM (#60978 - in reply to #60964)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
NO Comparison between the Vision and the Cross's. Easy decision do you want extreme comfort and convenience with luxury for long hauls
or do you want a cruiser bike with a visual appeal that looks like nothing else. Other then that you cannot compare the two.
Biscuit
Posted 2010-05-28 7:07 PM (#60983 - in reply to #60964)

Cruiser

Midlothian, Va.
I also sold my 1800F this past March and bought a new Vision the next day. The Vision is a great road bike but I wish I could have keep the F as a in town and short hop cruiser even though it took me cross country last year with no problems even on 500 mile days. Damn, we have enough to start a club of our own.
whinchey
Posted 2010-05-28 8:58 PM (#60987 - in reply to #60964)

Cruiser

Yellowknife, NT Canada
Will be on that part of the highway same time @ wilsondude.. Stop and say hi if you see us... Black Vision, Bushtec trailer, 2 up, polar bear license plates...
wilsondude
Posted 2010-05-28 10:05 PM (#60993 - in reply to #60987)

Cruiser

Salt Lake City
I have ridden several Visions, but am really anxious to put some miles on the bike. It'll be sweet to not have to stop for gas every 140 miles, and I'm looking forward to a silky smooth ride. Can't wait to pick her up next weekend and ride her home!
ltbiker
Posted 2010-05-29 4:46 AM (#60996 - in reply to #60964)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
And now......a word from the Vision seller............Cool - I think the Vision is headed to a good new home and will be spending a lot of time out on the great roads out here in the West. Congratulations Wilsondude; happy to see it going to someone who likes to get out and ride!
I know this will go over like the proverbial lead balloon........looks like I will soon be going back to my H-D roots, which began back in 1969. I can hear it now........"You've gotta be kidding - what is he thinking??" Too much history in the blood I guess, along with too much H-D gear in the closet and garage
So, can I still lurk around here, or am I now banned??
varyder
Posted 2010-05-29 5:49 AM (#60997 - in reply to #60964)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
What! You've gotta be kidding --- what are you thinkin??? Are you thinking about bar hopping or ridding miles of miles of endless highways? Are you thinking they notice you more on your "unique" Harley because it's got flames painted on it? Or is it that you're having a hard time answering all the questions and don't know the answer about the Vision? Man, what is wrong with you?!

Seriously, ride safe and enjoy that you ride! (you'll be back...)
radioteacher
Posted 2010-05-29 7:54 AM (#61000 - in reply to #60964)

Visionary

San Antonio, TX
ltbiker,

As now a former Vision owner, I for one would enjoy you checking in from time to time. After a few months on the HD I would be interested in your perspective on the change. Maybe you could post a review of your Vision experience now and an HD one in a few months.

Ride Safe!
WyoHammer
Posted 2010-05-29 8:45 AM (#61001 - in reply to #60964)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Come on you all there's nothing "wrong with him" he still wants to ride. LTBiker has his choices and he is one of the lucky few to ride Victory.
but he Rides that why we have bikes of any kind. we have the same need for the wind and road.
its not the machine but what us and the machine do together that make us Bikers.

Keep riding and keep in touch, why would we ban a brother.
SongFan
Posted 2010-05-29 9:11 AM (#61002 - in reply to #60964)

Visionary

Memphis

You don't get Varyder's sense of humor.  Nobody's banned.  (When I retire , I'm gonna invent a "sarcasm" font and become a jillionaire.)

The guy who turned me on to the Vision is a hard-core Harley guy and admitted he would love to own a Vision but just has too much Harley stuff to change over.  I admire loyalty and all that but it is kind of sad when it holds you back.  I think I respect the guys most who made the change when they swore they never would (knowing it would cost them).  It says a lot about the Vision.  The more people get used to the Vision, the more the walls will come down.

Ride on.

VisionTex
Posted 2010-05-29 2:14 PM (#61019 - in reply to #61002)

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
Itbiker, hang around and even chime in at times, won't bother me. I have friends that ride Ultras, hey they show up at the end of the day the same time as I. Ride safe on that HD.
wilsondude
Posted 2010-05-29 8:17 PM (#61044 - in reply to #60997)

Cruiser

Salt Lake City
varyder - 2010-05-29 4:49 AM

Are you thinking they notice you more on your "unique" Harley because it's got flames painted on it?

I've gota wicked cool flames on the VTX; maybe I should do something wild on the new Vision........
varyder
Posted 2010-05-29 9:01 PM (#61052 - in reply to #61044)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
wilsondude - 2010-05-29 9:17 PM

varyder - 2010-05-29 4:49 AM

Are you thinking they notice you more on your "unique" Harley because it's got flames painted on it?

I've gota wicked cool flames on the VTX; maybe I should do something wild on the new Vision........

I'm not sure at what point that I want to do something to my Vision, it sits stock as it was when it rolled off the showroom floor. I want to do a mural or something on the saddle bags at some point to freshen it up some, but for now I can't stay off of it long enough to even get the seat redone.

Edited by varyder 2010-05-29 9:02 PM
ltbiker
Posted 2010-05-30 2:43 AM (#61066 - in reply to #60964)

Cruiser

Chandler, AZ
I thought that would get some reactions; glad you guys didn't disappoint! Appreciate everyone's comments, especially VARYDER's - classic!
I've never been one of the HD riders who looks down their noses at those not riding Harleys; like a couple of you said.........riding is what counts, doesn't matter what brand. My neighbor and good friend just picked up a cherry condition '04 GoldWing yesterday; sure we will be putting some serious miles on together. He sold his Heritage Softail because it wasn't treating his surgically-repaired back too well.
I've got an '09 Softail Deluxe I basically stole from a BMW dealer that I'll be selling as soon as I get the Title, then be on the hunt for a Bagger, probably an E-Glide Classic with some mild customization to be done. Then maybe I will post some observations on EGC vs. Vision.
Ride safe.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™