You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Buell
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

rwilly
Posted 2010-05-29 6:51 PM (#61039)
Subject: Buell

Tourer

seattle, wa
I just received the latest issue of Cyle World, and alot of people wrote in to comment on last months article about the closing of Buell. I'm not saying it'll happen, but it would be nice to see Victory pick up Buell and start producing an American sportbike that will stand up against the Big 4. Victory would gain a huge share of the world marketplace with a competitive sportbike.
It was sad to see HD close the doors.

Eric Buell will be back, that much I am sure of, and I hope he finds a way to keep going.

Now I am off to the bar to watch some MMA, Rampage Vs Sugar. I am rooting for Rashad, but Rampage can be a killer.

Edited by rwilly 2010-05-29 6:54 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
texasgrumpy
Posted 2010-05-29 8:19 PM (#61045 - in reply to #61039)
Subject: Re: Buell

Cruiser

Eric Buell never went away he is still building bikes just not for the street. Under the screw job HD did to him he can only build race bikes but he is still in the game.
varyder
Posted 2010-05-29 9:10 PM (#61053 - in reply to #61039)
Subject: RE: Buell

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
okay, no foolin' this was a Victory concept bike back in 2005, the name... Victory Vision 800. That tells me that Victory is dabblin' in the sport bike market, but personally they need to refine the touring niche some more. They've done great in the cruiser world but when you compete against cheap jap harley wannabe's and a marketing strategy that says "join the Harley family" its hard to keep a hold of the share. My admiration is that they are fierce competitor without going overboard.

(Vision800.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Vision800.jpg (34KB - 0 downloads)
IndyVision
Posted 2010-05-29 9:23 PM (#61054 - in reply to #61039)

Tourer

Many dealers advertised a "request a quote" when the 800 concept was released. Makes me wonder if they built a few.
badnvegas
Posted 2010-06-01 10:32 PM (#61314 - in reply to #61039)

Cruiser

Colorado
HEY VICTORY !!!!!HIRE ERIC BUELL to do a signature bike........................If face book can get Betty White on SNL surely this site can get Victory to at least invite Eric to the office
WyoHammer
Posted 2010-06-01 11:03 PM (#61318 - in reply to #61039)

Puddle Jumper

Cheyenne, Wyoming
If I remember correctly Polaris has a relationship with KTM.
KTM was building the Buell motors in his last and most potent bike to date.
add in some of the swiss technology and the 500 cc 2-stroke technology they have been looking at it not far out side the realm of possibility.

Look at the new Vision and cross bike frames and motors as stressed members and you see how much of this technology has already made its way into Victory.

I see Victory being intelligent here and not attempting to break into a tight market with machinery that costs less than what they currently have on the market.

Todays motorcycle industry needs smart marketing as much as new and innovative technology and application.

Now if Polaris was to take their new Razor side by side and put say a KTM 990 motor in it with a little lightening and add some more suspension travel. you would have a race ready Buggy for the desert, dunes and tracks. there is room in that market for price as the razor costs about $12K , several after market builders are building ultralight buggies with Hybusa motors in the $25 to 35K range.

Just thinking out loud, Crazy

badnvegas
Posted 2010-06-01 11:42 PM (#61321 - in reply to #61039)

Cruiser

Colorado
Victory sold off the investment in KTM , I would suggest a different niche market to tackle and that is the adventure bikes, take that swiss investment and build the best in class heavy or mid weight adventure bike....BMW and KTM are pulling 14-24K who else is playing in that arena Buell and the Ullysses is gone...

Edited by badnvegas 2010-06-01 11:45 PM
rdbudd
Posted 2010-06-02 9:26 AM (#61334 - in reply to #61318)

Visionary

Jasper, MO
WyoHammer - 2010-06-01 11:03 PM

If I remember correctly Polaris has a relationship with KTM.
KTM was building the Buell motors in his last and most potent bike to date.

Common misconception. The Buell 1125 motors you are thinking of were designed and built by Rotax, not KTM. The Austrian company Rotax is a world leader in producing high quality, high output, lightweight engines for the snowmobile, ATV, PWC, and light aircraft industries. They produce both 2 stroke and 4 stroke engines for the various markets. The power output and reliability of their 912 4-stroke, and 503 2-stroke aircraft engines are unparalleled.

You're right about the KTM motors being top notch too. Different company, though.

Ronnie
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™