You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Vision-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Lloydz forced to cancel their Laconia appearance.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-06-06 6:50 AM (#61573)
Subject: Lloydz forced to cancel their Laconia appearance.

Fountain Inn, SC United States
From Lloydz website:

PLEASE BE ADVISED OUR APPEARANCE AT THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO A NEW TOWN NOISE AND LIGHT ORDINANCE RECENTLY PASSED. THIS MEANS THAT IF THE ADJOINING PROPERTY CAN SEE US OR HEAR US WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE THERE. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE YOU. YOU MAY VOICE YOUR CONCERNS DIRECTLY WITH THE TOWN OF GILFORD CHAIRWOMAN, CONNIE GRANT OR VICE-CHAIRMAN, GUS BENAVIDES AT 603-527-4700 OR THE TOWN OF GILFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT AT (603) 527-4737. WE WILL BE IN GORHAM,NH AUGUST 5-8 FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD LIKE TO RESCHEDULE IN NH.

---------------
If you had an appointment with Lloyd during this event and want to let your opinions be heard, contact the people mentioned in his release above.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2010-06-06 9:18 AM (#61582 - in reply to #61573)
Subject: Re: Lloydz forced to cancel their Laconia appearance.

Visionary

Without starting a rant, this is becoming a common theme. On the one side these bike events (Laconia, Myrtle, Daytona) have been great for motocycle enthusiasts for decades. On the other side they have in many ways become an inconvenience to residents. Guess it goes back to the ole "police yourselves" theory. The most common complaints appear to be noise, littering, and hell raising in general but I strongly believe it is the noise that has become the biggest issue. I say that with some confidence given the number of new noise ordinances cropping up throughout the USA.
Anyhow this is a real shame. Several of the local Victory Chapter members just returned from Lloyds with some great comments and praise for his work.
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-06-06 10:50 AM (#61591 - in reply to #61573)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
I am really surprised by this, to be honest. With ALL these states and towns in dire straights for tax income, they are losing big time.
elvis441
Posted 2010-06-06 1:26 PM (#61596 - in reply to #61573)

Cruiser

Houston, TX
Government Bureaucracy at its best...
RedRider
Posted 2010-06-07 5:45 AM (#61648 - in reply to #61573)

Visionary

I can understand Myrtle Beach changing their standards. But when places like Laconia do it sux. Sure there are a LOT of bikers that need to learn to control when they make noise. Every morning I hear some nitwit heading to work at 5 in the morning. That is needed for what? I have seen bikers cranking there throttles near small children sure the kids get a big kick out of it but their parents are the ones that vote.
The only thing I see in Laconia is it's been there for years and they are attacking only the businesses not the bikers. They must figure the bikers will still come but get there bikes tuned somewhere else. This should not effect the flow of money much.
The only other way fro something like this to happen is some farmer out of town allowing the dyno trailer on his property and he can make a couple of bucks to help himself out as long as the businesses have a following like Lloyd that will follow him anywhere.
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-06-07 7:42 AM (#61652 - in reply to #61573)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
I was trying to figure out who exactly was raising a stink. Since he sets up in a strip mall parking lot of which half is empty. The stores are at the far end - about 700ft away to the north. He rents the space from the guy the owns the mall. Lloyd points his trailer away from them and toward the busy rte 11. To the west, across a side street is a gas station (about 200ft away) and to the north about 1000ft away, up a hill behind trees are houses. In one of the houses is a mother who has a mentally challenged kid. The kid looks forward to seeing Lloydz dyno every year and spends countless hours hanging around. The mother often comes down to get him and thanks Lloyd many times for looking after him. She says she can hardly hear the dyno.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-06-07 8:55 AM (#61656 - in reply to #61573)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
would the noise from the bikes on a dyno be the reason? since noise can travel miles? (depending on location) i dont think its hearing the dyno as much as it is hearing the BIKES on the dyno.. bike A might have mild pipes while the next bike might have something completely insane..
varyder
Posted 2010-06-07 9:16 AM (#61657 - in reply to #61573)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
I believe you are spot on Chris. Lloydz may never know exactly why, as to where the complaint or reason came from, but the fact remains he is told to stay out due to the ordinance. It only takes a few to complain, or present a compelling arguement to the voting members and the ordinance is passed, happens everyday. The people who want peace and quiet are the ones to make enough noise until they get it, despite the outcome. We have an on-going battle to keep a landing field for the military out of a very rural area, and it championed by folks who don't even live close enough to it to be bothered by it. They want freedom, but don't let them be inconvenience with the means to protect it.
hottierod
Posted 2010-06-07 10:51 AM (#61660 - in reply to #61652)

Tourer

Sturbridge, Mass
Jedi Jeff - 2010-06-07 8:42 AM

I was trying to figure out who exactly was raising a stink. Since he sets up in a strip mall parking lot of which half is empty. The stores are at the far end - about 700ft away to the north. He rents the space from the guy the owns the mall. Lloyd points his trailer away from them and toward the busy rte 11. To the west, across a side street is a gas station (about 200ft away) and to the north about 1000ft away, up a hill behind trees are houses. In one of the houses is a mother who has a mentally challenged kid. The kid looks forward to seeing Lloydz dyno every year and spends countless hours hanging around. The mother often comes down to get him and thanks Lloyd many times for looking after him. She says she can hardly hear the dyno.

sounds like a great story to reach out to the local press on.

Government at it's best denies kid his passion,

varyder
Posted 2010-06-07 10:59 AM (#61662 - in reply to #61573)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
In the scheme of things that sounds like a great idea hottierod. At worse it may expose the whiner, and/or legitimate reason, at best, it would open the door back up to Lloydz or find a more suitable location in the area. I hope someone does it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™